Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago   Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi all. Greetings from the land of rotten Governors!

I bought my '02 SW last year and it was the first bike I have ever owned. Needless to say I love it! It's been tucked away for winter, however, yesterday I took the cover off and put about 20 miles on it in 30 degree F temps.

In addition to riding my SW, I play in a few volleyball leagues, I'm a private pilot, and an avid Alpine Skier.

Here's a pic of my SW...

Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago 011
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago   Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:00 pm

skiwoods,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining. I'm from the NE part of Illinois, over in Antioch. Then in Champaign for awhile. Those are some nice pics on your link and if you care to put a couple in the Album please do. This is a new group by only a week but is growing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago   Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:42 pm

Hi Jeff,

Nice job on the forum. Starting next spring, I will certainly add lotsa pics as I always have a camera with me when I ride. I grew up in Grayslake and now live in Crystal Lake. Very familiar with the Antioch area. I had 2nd cousins living in Antioch. They were a big family. If you grew up there in the 60's/70's, you'd know them...
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago   Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:23 pm

Welcome to the group :D My husband and I both retired from teaching at Miami of Ohio and have lots of students and friends from the Chicago area. We have a casual B&B and have enjoyed the wonderful guests from there. Ride safe...
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago   Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 7:27 am

Welcome -

I remember your photos from the Yahoo site. I must admit the one thing I do enjoy as we travel through Illinois is all of the beautiful old barns. There is a unique architectural feature of the barns in the central Illinois area and it has to do with the cupola on top of the barns. They run perpendicular to the peak of the roof and there is often more than one cupola.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago   Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:38 am

Dale,

I have to agree with you on the barns. I lived in central Illinois for over 25 years and they are cool to look at. I don't see too many of those barns out here in the Bay Area of California.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago   Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:09 pm

Hi Gene,
Just looked at your scooter pictures....They look great.

Welcome to the forum

Ride safe,

DennisB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago   Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from NW Suburbs of Chicago
Page 1 of 1