Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

VIN number for ABS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2013-11-09

VIN number for ABS Empty
PostSubject: VIN number for ABS   VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Does the VIN number or the model number of a bike designate if it is ABS or not?

Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

VIN number for ABS Empty
PostSubject: Re: VIN number for ABS   VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:42 am

Larry,
Not sure why you are asking what seems like the obvious answer to me.  The model name of FSC600A designates ABS, and FSC600D is a non ABS model. I think that the 2002 model year designated the FSC600 as the non ABS model.  I may be wrong and am sure someone will correct my understanding.
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

VIN number for ABS Empty
PostSubject: Re: VIN number for ABS   VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 2:10 pm

WingMan02 wrote:
Larry,
Not sure why you are asking what seems like the obvious answer to me.  The model name of FSC600A designates ABS, and FSC600D is a non ABS model. I think that the 2002 model year designated the FSC600 as the non ABS model.  I may be wrong and am sure someone will correct my understanding.

Thank you. It was the information I was looking for. I thought it was either in the VIN or model number... just wasn't sure.

I am seeking to purchase an ABS model. I have emailed a few of the owners of Silverwings for sale and they didn't know if theirs were ABS or not. Strange not to know as an owner, so I thought I better find out when out shopping.

NOTE: I know the value of ABS.... just didn't know the differences. I got my service manual out and it described the physical differences as well.

Thanks again. My 04 is a FSC600D
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

VIN number for ABS Empty
PostSubject: Re: VIN number for ABS   VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Larry,
You can also tell by looking on the left side of the front wheel. You will see a ring with a lot of slotted rectangular holes cut out. This is used by the ABS system to determine if the tire is starting to lock up. It compares the timing with the back tire and releases braking pressure on both wheels if needed. If detected, you will feel the brake handles pushing back against your grip. Much like in a car/truck, except you will feel the brake paddles vibrate and push back.  I am also looking for an ABS system. I feel that it would have saved my crashing into the rear of a vehicle last year. Here in Hawaii, Swing are very few to be found. Good luck on your search.
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

VIN number for ABS Empty
PostSubject: Re: VIN number for ABS   VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:03 pm

WingMan02 wrote:
Larry,
You can also tell by looking on the left side of the front wheel. You will see a ring with a lot of slotted rectangular holes cut out. This is used by the ABS system to determine if the tire is starting to lock up. It compares the timing with the back tire and releases braking pressure on both wheels if needed. If detected, you will feel the brake handles pushing back against your grip. Much like in a car/truck, except you will feel the brake paddles vibrate and push back.  I am also looking for an ABS system. I feel that it would have saved my crashing into the rear of a vehicle last year. Here in Hawaii, Swing are very few to be found. Good luck on your search.

Great information. Thank you.

I am not in a hurry to find an ABS bike, but as soon as I find one in reasonable condition, I will be making the switch.

I have had the rear tire lock up on other motorcycles and it does produce panic not having any control of the motorcycle when that happens.

My last motorcycle will be the Silverwing with ABS. I will probably have a few in between then and now, but I know the Silverwing will be my last bike. No question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VIN number for ABS Empty
PostSubject: Re: VIN number for ABS   VIN number for ABS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VIN number for ABS
Page 1 of 1