Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! Empty
PostSubject: Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics!   highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 10:57 am

Hi all

I was looking thru my hard drive and found the pics for my install of the my highway pegs and later replaced them with the boards,
more comfortable.

For those that are interested please click the link in my sig and it will take you to my album where you can find the larger individual pics from the third collage.
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! Side_c10
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! Footpe10
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! Cruise11
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! Pegs110
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! Pegs210
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! Pegs310
highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! Cutout10

Dan

Last edited by dspevack on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics!   highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:09 am

Nice setup and the pics are helpful. My setup will be similar to the 'Wolfe' version. Do you recall how it was accurately calculated where to cut the hole in the lower body panel?
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics!   highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:10 am

Nope.  When I met him his pegs were already installed.
He did mention that his heel would sometimes hit on a tight turn if his foot was low on the peg.

Dan
Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics!   highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:23 am

I will be welding a horizontal tube, a bit lower on the floorboard frame, compared to where your setup clamps on. The tube will allow a bolt to go through it for the footpeg to mount. I have big feet (size 13 US) and will probably get a bit of heel drag as well -- no issue for me but I do want to avoid any metal contact with the road. Have you experienced any slipping or rotation of the clamps?
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics!   highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:50 pm

The man who installed them drilled a small hole thru the clamps and the frame.
Put a pin in it.  
Pin is more than enough to stop rotation, but will likely sheer on impact
If bike goes down hard, which was the goal he had in mind when he suggested it.
He explained that if the clamps give way that's better than bending the frame.

I do think you are going to find the position a little low for what you want.
I.E. not enough stretch.  
Nice thing about the Kuryakyn setup is once you have the base in place,
you can use 4 or 6 inch arms, which uses interlocking teeth to stay in place,
but can be adjusted to any angle, and then of course you have a wide variety of
pegs and boards.  I felt it was really important to have something with a heel rest.
I find pegs more fatigueing then boards.
Dan
Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics!   highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 9:11 am

Yes, I see great adjustability benefits from the Kuryakyn setup you have and it is a nice, clean install. I really appreciate the photos as they give a good perspective. I tend to prefer foot pegs, and in this case, foot pegs will give a bit more room compared to floorboards as the footpeg fits in the recess where the boot heel meets the sole. Floorboards require the boot sole and heel to sit on top of the board. This can be .7-1.5 inch difference. Also I tend to throw my legs across the top of the pegs when I need maximum stretch, like the chopper riders do. Not the safest way to ride but I only do this on straight, low traffic road sections.

I will consider building a set of arms like the kuryakyn, that would bolt to the existing mounts. But I hope to not need them as I want to minimize hardware.

Everything, that required access while the scooter is stripped, has been done so I am getting itchy to get it on the road. Everything else can be done as afternoon, or weekend projects (ie new belt and sliders, seat mods, paint touch up, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics!   highway pegs - Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freeway pegs/boards Found install pics!
Page 1 of 1