Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Yesterday at 3:43 pm

» noise under load
torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ronslaverda
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ronslaverda

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-10-31

torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque Empty
PostSubject: Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque   torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:16 am

Hi,
I have searched in vain and am not able to find these values in any of the topics about changing the transmission oil ( which I have done thanks to the Pictorial)
I just need to know the torque settings now.
Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque   torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:58 am

I would just tighten them good and I never had a problem in 7 years. If someone has their service manual handy maybe there is something in there. I will look later tonight to see if I can find my manual.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque   torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:04 am

ronslaverda wrote:
I just need to know the torque settings now.

From my manual for 2002-2005 FSC600A: transmission oil check bolt (and) drain bolt are the same, torqued to 13Nm / 1.3 Kgf / 9FtLb.
Back to top Go down
wingmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
wingmann

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque   torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:10 am

I got this from my 2002 through 2010 Honda service manual . Transmission oil drain bolt and Transmission oil check bolt / fill bolt .   The  torque is  /  13 n.m   /  1.3 kgf.m  /  9 lbf.ft    hope this helps . Edit I see someone got you the same info when I was writing this up .
Back to top Go down
ronslaverda
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ronslaverda

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-10-31

PostSubject: Thanks   torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Thank you for the info.

Regards Ron
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque   torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 1:15 pm

Finger tight + 1/4 turn with a 1/4" ratchet is fine, as long as the washer is installed. BTW, the manual says to install a new washer every time. Not necessary, as long as the washer isn't scored or deformed. I don't even bother with a torque wrench for any of the belt housing or rear drive housing bolts. Whatever you do, don't over tighten. It's too easy to strip an aluminum thread in the rear drive housing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque   torque - Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transmission Drain Plug and Filler Bolt Torque
Page 1 of 1