Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2

Go down 
+7
john grinsel
DennisB
davidparker
Mudnman
ScooterBJ
lalee
clnelson3
11 posters
AuthorMessage
clnelson3
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 Empty
PostSubject: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 7:59 pm

Anyone use these and if so, what size works best? They are sold in 4 different sizes by width? They seem to be a very good product for stabilization when trailering.. Any thoughts or experiences? I heard that you shouldn't put too much stress on them when cranking down, cuz they could "bend" the handlebars. Just looking for the best way to transport without any worries (besides being on it) Smile  Thanks
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2013-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 8:08 pm

If you are using a wheel chock, then a pair of canyon dancers are sufficient to hold the bike forward and firmly into the wheel chock.

If you are not using a wheel chock, then you will need to pull it harder than what you can put on with the canyon dancers.

Note: If you are using a wheel chock then the hand rails below the passenger grab rail is sufficient to pull the bike forward and into the wheel chock.
Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 8:09 pm

I've used a canyon dancer, as well as generic ones bought from ebay, and they work great. S'Wing #2 was towed from S FL to CO using one. Unfortunately I have no idea of the size.
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Not sure about size.I just bought a wheel choke and will use two wratchet straps .
Back to top Go down
clnelson3
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 11:07 am

Is there a particular brand or kind of wheel chock that is exceptional for the front Silverwing wheel and tire? It kinda sounds like a dumb question, but there are MANY to choose from with different sizes and widths. My Silverwing is down at my folks and I am not sure of the correct width or size.
All the wheel chocks I look at are supposedly one size fits all, but I don't want one that is loosy goosey with the front wheel. Any suggestions? Are only two tie downs necessary with the wheel chock or would 4 be better?
Back to top Go down
davidparker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 12:21 pm

I used the Canyon Dancer II with the larger cups, 32" width when I towed my Swing from Kansas City to Charleston, SC.   The size was perfect, it gave me enough slack to easily mount the harness without a lot of extra strap.  But I would get the original version with the smaller handlebar cups.  The larger cups put a lot of pressure on the bar ends and I think that contributed to bending my bars.  With the smaller cups, the load would have been more evenly spread, with less pressure on the ends.  I didn't bend them real bad, but I definitely tweaked them.  I was careful when I loaded the bike to not put a lot of pressure on the bars.  I pushed them down by hand rather than ratcheting them,  used a wheel chock and additional straps on the passenger rails.  However a couple of nasty bumps, pot holes, and accident avoidance maneuvers and they got bent.  I could even tell after it happened, because my Swing would be bouncing around in the mirror and I would have to go back to the trailer, push down on the bars and tighten the straps.  I might have been a little heavy handed, but I would rather replace the bars, than the plastic.   Smile
Back to top Go down
clnelson3
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Do you use a locking wheel chock? One that you can roll into and lock in place?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 2:43 pm

Canyon Dancer's work great... if... you don't over tighten them.
Back to top Go down
davidparker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 5:16 pm

I was not using a locking chock. But, I did have a small tie down holding the wheel in the chock. I think I would have been ok, with a little less pressure on the bars. But I was driving over 8 hours a day for two days and wanted to make sure the bike was not going to fall over. It wasn't until after the first major bump that I realized I was a little too tight and then it was too late. Again, I would rather have my tweaked bars and no damage to the fairings. Next time I will let the bike "float" a little. Of course if our highways were not so crappy and people looked where they are going, I would have probably been just fine!  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 8:21 pm

HF #96349 wheel choke is what I bought second hand.It fits the wheel good and doesn't rub the front break.Its gona be a good month before I use it but have read of others that used it on there swing.
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2013-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 5:14 am

Mudnman wrote:
HF #96349 wheel choke is what I bought second hand.It fits the wheel good and doesn't rub the front break.Its gona be a good month before I use it but have read of others that used it on there swing.

This is the same wheel chock I use. Worked on every motorcycle I ever put on my trailer. Watch for them to go on sale for $25.00.

Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:09 am

I am riding.
Back to top Go down
derekg
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 11:17 am

Canyon Dancer ( where does the name come from?) works really well .....but as Dennis says..dont over tighten...I did and noticed my accelerator twist throttle was not returning automatically...as the canyon dancer had pulled the grip in slightly causing the twist to stick ..easily fixed but caused by over tightening.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 12:08 pm

john grinsel wrote:
I am riding.

I'm currently eating an apple ( carefully as I was at the dentists earlier today )and typing this post, if you can ride and also operate a cell phone or computer on the move to post here I'm impressed Mr G.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 3:27 pm

should have said ride it......or did somebody change it??
Back to top Go down
LN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:36 am

This canyon dancer bent my handlebar.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Canyon Dancer   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:12 am

A few months ago I had my bike picked up by a towing company that put one of these things on my handle bars and when it was removed I also noticed the accelerator was sticking because of being over tightened. No big, I just pulled out my can of slip and slide and sprayed a little where it was touching and the problem was resolved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2   Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canyon Dancer Bar Harness2
Page 1 of 1