Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Back on a Honda Silverwing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TurkeyVulture
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-08-01

Back on a Honda Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Back on a Honda Silverwing   Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:22 pm

I am returning to a SilverWing only the last one I had in the 80's was a motorcycle.  Due to a broken hip (from a bicycle accident) I had to give my Honda up, so I donated it to the Baseball team at the high school I was working at. They needed money to go to the playoffs in another state.
    So I was without a motorcycle and was riding my bicycle long distances (1500 mi in one summer when I retired in 1998, not all at one time.) But as you can imagine I needed a motorcycle/scooter.  
    So I got an Aprilia Scarabeo 50 cc, and then an Aprilia Scarabeo 150, then a Suzuki Bergman 650 cc.
    So I noticed a Kawsaki 1500 cc Vulcan Nomad fi that was for sale on an Indian reservation between Corvallis and the beach.  When 90 mph winds and rain threatened I talked my wife into rescuing the Nomad. I sold my Bergie to a fellow from Eugene with a bad back that couldn't ride his motorcycle.  He liked it and felt it was comfortable. I rode this bike for 5 years even returning to Colorado (trailering the bike) for my 50 year reunion in Loveland.
    But then it began to be awkward for me, so my wife talked me into an Aprilia Atlantic 500 'maxi scooter'. I gave the Nomad to my son in Denver who had a new girlfriend and midlife crisis/divorce. He's still learning how to ride it.
    I joined the Oregon Scooter Club (OSC) and found a group of folks with a deep interest in maxiscooters, club rides, long distance rides, helpful hints and GPS help. I grew and knew a lot more about 'scooting.' But there were two problems with the Atlantic. 1. It kept breaking down. 2. The mechanic was at a dealer in Eugene, 40 miles away. The mechanic was great but it was sometimes difficult to arrange shuttling back and forth.
    So I gave the Atlantic to my son in Portland, the twin of the one in Denver.  He had ridden Honda scooters in the past and was glad to get it.  He and his brother are 49 yrs of age.
    I needed a Honda because I had ridden Hondas in the past and there is a dealership 2 miles from my home.  I was very lucky to find this '05 Silverwing for sale from a math teacher in Philomath.    
    He loved this bike and it showed.
    He had put on a new Corbin Seat, Givi Top box and Givi windscreen. He added a trickle charger and reflective decals.  He had ridden it north into Canada recently.
    I can't tell you how wonderful it was to return to a Honda.  I feel totally comfortable on the bike and actually feel that I am a part of it or it is a part of me. I'm still getting acquainted, but it took little time to become partners on the road.
The only problem I had was the difficulty closing the seat, which the previous owner had told me about.  So I found this SilverWing site and tuned in to learn about adding a shim to the U bold on the seat.  It worked like a miracle. Thanks.

Happy in the Saddle of a Honda again,
Lloyd aka TurkeyVulture.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Back on a Honda Silverwing   Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi Lloyd,

Welcome to the asylum

Tim
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Back on a Honda Silverwing   Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:13 pm

welcome applause welcome 
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Back on a Honda Silverwing   Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:35 pm

Lloyd,

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it. There are many of us here that can help you out with things and info if you need it. And there is a section just for maintenance to help others out. You should like your SWing since they are very smooth and comfortable and will take you anywhere you want to go in comfort. They also are very reliable too. Yours must be pretty comfortable with the Corbin seat on it as well. Again, welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2013-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Back on a Honda Silverwing   Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Back on a Honda Silverwing Wttg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back on a Honda Silverwing   Back on a Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back on a Honda Silverwing
Page 1 of 1