Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 3:39 am

» Drive belt prices
Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 2:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 6:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 4:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 2:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 1:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:01 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Wing on display.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-09-19

Wing on display. Empty
PostSubject: Wing on display.   Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 11:01 am

Went too the motorcycle show at the n.e.c Birmingham ,made a b line for the Honda stand keen to see the new models .The new engine integra now 750cc  and sat near the integra in gleaming silver was a new silverwing in all its glory ,so I guess Honda think theres mileage in the swing yet [good news] for this scoot I guess. Smile
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Wing on display. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing on display.   Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:06 pm

How much different from the old SWing is it ??
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Wing on display. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing on display.   Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:07 pm

Why wont Honda release the SWT version in the UK Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Wing on display. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing on display.   Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 6:53 am

Did not see any noticeable difference in the 2013 swing ,but I am no  expert on them sorry. Sad
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Wing on display. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing on display.   Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 10:12 am

I didn't know the bike show was on in Birmingham, i haven't seen any ads for it in any papers, I thought Honda weren't bothering with the Silverwing anymore. Did you take any pics.Smile 
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Wing on display. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing on display.   Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 5:23 am

HI old limey ,motorcycle live been at the n.e.c. a few years now ,advertised in most bike mags .Admission £20 on the day or £17 online ,booked online and got a voucher for parking the car .As regards the silverwing and Honda I was as the same opinion as you ,silverwing  too be no more. But there it was in all its glory I even sat on it .Never sat on a silverwing before it felt like a armchair the scooter equilvant of a Goldwing I guess.My bike not there which kinda confirms what I have heard Honda not importing them anymore ,the forza taking up those reigns although not as spritely as the sh .Be safe . santa
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Wing on display. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing on display.   Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 10:06 am

Just look at the entrance price!!Shocked  That's why i don't go anymore. Last time i was there ,and i used to go every year, it was £6 and that included the catalogue. Iam interested in the new Maxisym 600 that was in the European show(Milan, i believe) the dealer tells me they will be in UK about late spring. £6000 for a six hundred, single cylinder appeals to me.Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Wing on display. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing on display.   Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 11:31 am

The last time I went to the NEC Motorcycle Show was a couple of years before the Iron Curtain came down. I remember MZ importer Wilf Green had some bog standard 'special edition' MZ's painted up in a horrible British Leyland Austin Ambassador brown! There was also a BBC2 film crew with ex Blue Peter presenter Valerie Singleton trying to do a feature about the current state of the bike industry for The Money Programme.  I was most impressed how Val remained supremely cool and unflustered by all the bikers standing around watching and repeatedly calling out "Get yer tits out Val "!  Smile
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Wing on display. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing on display.   Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 12:11 pm

First for me the motorcycle show old limey so cannot comment on previous admission prices ,but I have too say very well organised .My brother even enjoyed it ,and he has not ridden for twenty years .I must admit I like the sound of the maxisym 600 will look forward too your opinion on that mount.Funny thing did not see a stand for sym or kymco don't know why I guess some one knows .However did sit on the new Kawasaki j 300 scoot have too say was not impressed by its appearance particularly the cockpit ,if it can be called that ? Very much plastic fantastic and the clocks reminded me of a x max or t max . Suspect 
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Wing on display. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing on display.   Wing on display. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 6:27 am

Old limey ,had a look at the maxisym 400/600 on you tube looks like a couple of decent scoots. Heard a rumour that they come with 4 year warranty however do not know if true.Cannot help wondering if a 600 single would be a bit vibey?Years ago I had a Yamaha sr 500 single loved that bike so much torque but my hands and feet use too tingle after a long ride.Guess technology come on a bit since then . scratch 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wing on display. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing on display.   Wing on display. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wing on display.
Page 1 of 1