Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 11:44 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings from Nova Scotia

Go down 
+4
model28a
cotetoi
"Hi Yo"
Mike from NS
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

Greetings from Nova Scotia Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Don't own a Silverwing just yet ... but will test a 2007 on Sunday.
Glad to find this forum.
Mike
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Greetings from Nova Scotia 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Welcome to the forum Mike.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Hey there, Mike, I'm from N.B., practically your neighbor. Welcome: good stuff to be had here and the company is super.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome Hi Yo ! Nice to see someone else from the Atlantic Canada here cotetoi! I found the forum through a search for windshield removal. Really simple I find. If I buy the scooter Sunday I will need to store it beneath a sunroom with a space of 4 ft high. I think it will fit, without the windshierld.

Take care neighbor !
Mike
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 4:32 pm

welcome applause welcome 
Back to top Go down
Magoo Triker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Magoo Triker

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 5:52 pm

welcome 

Magoo Triker
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Greetings from Nova Scotia 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Mike from NS wrote:
Thanks for the welcome Hi Yo ! Nice to see someone else from the Atlantic Canada here cotetoi!  I found the forum through a search for windshield removal.  Really simple I find. If I buy the scooter Sunday I will need to store it beneath a sunroom with a space of 4 ft high.  I think it will fit, without the windshierld.

Take care neighbor !
Mike
Mike,okay, I'm back from the garage. 4 ft might clear with the windshield and mirrors removed, but just barely. I would hate to try it. Now, if you move the furniture in the sunroom into the storage space......... Smile .
Back to top Go down
GerardButlersHamster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:05 am

Hi Mike Nova Scotia is a lovely place almost moved there from Ireland a few years ago but it fell through stayed a week in Halifax and loved the place

Ivan
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Hope you buy a SWing - you won't regret it. Just curious as to the riding season in NS? And does it vary much as to where in NS you live?
Back to top Go down
GerardButlersHamster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:59 pm

My guess is you wont take that scooter out from October to April
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Hoping to hear from a NS native!
Back to top Go down
Mr Magic Fingers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mr Magic Fingers

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Hey Mike... Did you get that Silverwing? By chance... if you did... whas it from a guy in Port Williams near New Minas?

Oh... and Hi!

Tim
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 4:19 pm

Mr Magic Fingers wrote:
Hey Mike... Did you get that Silverwing? By chance... if you did... whas it from a guy in Port Williams near New Minas?

Oh... and Hi!

Tim
Just saw this Tim. Yes I bought it from the guy in Port Williams. But it isn't a 2007 but rather a 2005. There was supposed to be one someone where in Preston .... heard through the grapevine and Kijiji.

Diamond;
Nova Scotia riding season late April to late October but if you are tough add 3 weeks either side of this. Hope that helps. Also .... mid October is the time to ride the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton ... North - East end of NS. The colours are breathtaking.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 4:43 pm

GerardButlersHamster wrote:
Hi Mike Nova Scotia is a lovely place almost moved there from Ireland a few years ago but it fell through stayed a week in Halifax and loved the place

Ivan
Hi there Ivan,
I spent a week in NI in 1997. We stayed in Sheleven House in Bangor overlooking the Bangor Marina. Traveled from there to Belfast, Bush-Mills, Giant's Causway and other northern areas. Daft Eddy's was one of the coolest stops. We also spent some time in Pota-Ferry. Visited several castles as well as Carrick Fergus. Had a great lunch at The Stables near Bangor, I recall. Stopped into a posh hotel for a pint on the return from the Ulster Folk Museum and the Museum of Transportation. Now that is a cool place !! And we took in "Guys & Dolls" at The Old Opera House in Belfast waiting after the play in the Europa Hotel for out drive to Bangor for the night. Yep ... memorable trip ... several more stops too. Had the best shandy at Betty's of Arundel. It was a busy week!
Mike
Back to top Go down
GerardButlersHamster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:47 am

Yes Mike i know all the places you mention except Bettys of Arundel.i live ten mins ride from Bangor and ive been in Daft Eddys manys a time i think Nova Scotians are very similar to Irish people very welcoming and friendly would have loved living there.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Mike from NS wrote:

Nova Scotia riding season late April to late October but if you are tough add 3 weeks either side of this.  Hope that helps.  Also .... mid October is the time to ride the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton ... North - East end of NS. The colours are breathtaking.

Mike
Thanks Mike!
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Ivan, my error ... Arundel was part of the second week of the trip which was in England. Must check my photographs ... but Arundel may have been on the Leeds Castle day. Most Nova Scotians have an Irish heritage to some extent. 3 of my 4 grandparents came from Ireland. When we visited in '97 it was with Irish dance (ballroom) teachers who came from Bangor and moved to Canada many moons ago to start their married life here. Many great memories from that trip.
"shawn latch"
Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia   Greetings from Nova Scotia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Nova Scotia
Page 1 of 1