Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Nova Scotia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

Nova Scotia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova Scotia   Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Ah, another one that I will probably miss. Whoa! New gold rush for us. Here we come! One of my bucket list trips (scoot or car) is up there in Nova Scotia. Have seen some pics, films of that area, really great place to consider. Your Avatar image of the lighthouse makes many of us jealous of your environment. Enough gold in that alone.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2013-09-12

Nova Scotia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova Scotia   Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Hope we might meet when you come for a visit, bikehiker.

Here is a link to the lighthouse in my avatar. https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en/webcams/peggys-cove-lighthouse/
Yesterday with high winds there were some decent waves in the view. There are quite a few cruise ship visits Halifax over the summers (out of New York and Boston areas) and quite often an excursion is an added trip to this "tourist trap" for the cruise visitors. It is a place where you can stare at the ocean and just watch and watch ..... even if there is nothing happening. It draws you, as you know. At Peggy's Cove there are many posted signs warning people of the dangers the waves can present; and yet each year there are some tragedies. Over the years some have drowned when too close and captured by a rogue wave.

It was on a line of sight slight to the right of the lighthouse that Swissair Flight # 111 went into the sea back in 1998, 20 years ago. I heard the pilot call the Pan Pan Pan on a scanner tuned to the air traffic control at the Halifax airport, that night.

Summer here starts in early July and runs until late September ... so maybe plan your visit for these times.

Use the link to the webcam to access the webcam system to many more cameras scattered around Nova Scotia. Happy voting !

Mike

Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Nova Scotia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova Scotia   Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 9:08 pm

Wow, Mike, thanks for that link. Even looks impressive in the dark. Ha! Virtual travel. Great network of web cams. Even a ship locator. Will be checking this in the daylight, too.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Nova Scotia Empty
PostSubject: Nova Scotia   Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 7:38 am

Ralph, owner - operator of the web cam system, had the mic turned on on this camera for a while years ago.  It was nice to hear the waves and the piper playing for the summer months as the visitors walked past.  No sure why he shut the mic off.  You can hear the surf on the White Point camera.

The camera at Pier 21, the cruise ship terminal, where you found the ship tracker, typically pans that area of Halifax Harbor and part of the downtown area.

This past summer there was an Osprey camera which was interesting.  In the past (and maybe to be repeated soon) there was a Lobster Cam where we could see a star fish and lobster interactions.

Mike
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Nova Scotia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova Scotia   Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 4:09 pm

Good scenes even on a cloudy day.  Blood pressure down about 20 points after viewing.

Can't wait till Pier 21 cam lens clears water drops from lens. Cool live action panorama movement.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Nova Scotia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova Scotia   Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 11:32 am

Of course any good tour of Nova Scotia would include a vist to picturesque Peggy's Cove and maybe a stop off at the UFO landing site not too far from Bubbles' Shed n' Breakfast at Sunnyvale Trailer Park.

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Nova Scotia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova Scotia   Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 12:47 pm

Yes Tim,
Peggy's is an absolute required stop ... a place to chill and watch the waves.

A ride to Peggy's could be a loop from Halifax towards the north, along the side of Bedford Basin. Start at, say - Chinatown Restaurant and we will return here for as great meal in a couple of hours. At the Hammonds Plains Road in Bedford take a left on the HP Road to Tantallon. (about 30 minutes). There you take the 313 (to be checked later) all the way to Peggy's Cove (with a stop along the road to see the Swissair memorial - in site of the lighthouse). After a stop at Peggy's Cove come out and turn right back on the 313 and follow it back towards Halifax and the St Margaret's Bay Road aiming for Dunbrack Street. Take Dunbrack eventually take a right on Kearney Lake Road to the Bedford Hwy. At the lights take a right the a quick left into Chinatown. Check this out on google street scapes but later I will tidy up the directions and include street numbers later.

Another popular loop is the run around the Aspotogan Peninsula. This too I will later post a better list of directions. This passes another Swissair Flt 111 memorial on the other side of St Margaret's Bay. At this memorial, the remains of the victims of the plane crash are buried. This is another 2 - 3 hour loop.

And then there is a run to Lunenburg as an extension of this ride. Lunnenburg is the home port of where the Bluenose II was built and as was the Bounty. Better directions coming later.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nova Scotia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova Scotia   Nova Scotia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nova Scotia
Page 1 of 1