Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New windshield I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 16:44

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New windshield I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 11:47

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New windshield I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 11:43

» May 2024 forum picture
New windshield I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 11:41

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
New windshield I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 11:28

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
New windshield I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 10:15

» LF extended back rest
New windshield I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Today at 01:54

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
New windshield I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 17:54

» Drive belt prices
New windshield I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 10:26

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New windshield I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 02:15

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New windshield

Go down 
+3
model28a
hotwings
hardee41
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-07-23

New windshield Empty
PostSubject: New windshield   New windshield I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Aug 2013, 20:44

08.08.2013 I've owned dozens of m/cycles; last 3 were a 80 500cc silverwing; an 81 Goldwing and the last was a 83 Goldwing that I put 60,000 mi. on. New swing seems very awkward. I just pulled in the clutch (Lt. brake) and tried to foot shift at 40mph; it's going to take awhile. ;-)

Picked up the Swing yesterday; got a deal on a new left-over. I've been reading your posts for about a week, and was wondering why all the windshield changes. I just took a 50 mi. ride on the hiway; now I know.

I want advice on a one piece windshield with more wind protection. Looked on line at the "givi" and the "clearview". I'm hoping I'll be happy with what this group recommends I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks. harley

PS: I'm 72 with a replaced knee; the Swing is not as light as I'd hoped. Darn!
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

New windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: New windshield   New windshield I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Aug 2013, 22:04

hardee41 wrote:
New swing seems very awkward. I just pulled in the clutch (Lt. brake) and tried to foot shift at 40mph; it's going to take awhile. ;-)
I recall pulling away on the first swing ride and aproaching the first red traffic light. Like you i went to pull the "clutch" in and ended up kissing the windshield, then slowly looking to each side to see how many people were laughing. Luckily no one noticed. Embarassed 

My swing came with the givi windshield so im not sure what the stock one rides like, although i still have it. I know for me the tall givi works well!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-04

New windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: New windshield   New windshield I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Aug 2013, 22:48

welcome  I would like to offer you some advice on a one piece windshield but I prefer the two piece Givi air-flow. Someone else will hopefully give you advice on a one piece windshield. I think you will like the Silverwing in time. I also thought it was a little heavy at first but now after almost 46,000 I would not have any other bike. I need both hips replaced and my biggest problem is getting off sometimes hurts my left hip. I have to find the right way to position my left leg as I swing my right leg over to put down the side stand ending up with both legs on the left but still sitting on the seat. I have been told it looks hard or awkward but it works for me.

PS: attention mods you may want to move this topic over to "introductions"
Back to top Go down
Magoo Triker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Magoo Triker

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-08-03

New windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: New windshield   New windshield I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Aug 2013, 00:51

I took the Voyager Trike kit off my Silver Wing once and it was very had for me to handle at stops and getting off.  Like Roger I have problems with hips and legs and also a balance problem on my feet at times.  The wing as a scoot is to heavy for me.  Now I can ride my Honda Reflex all day and have no problems but getting off is a chore at times after long rides.  As a Trike, with the Voyager in place I find it the only way to fly...

Magoo
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

New windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: New windshield   New windshield I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Aug 2013, 03:55

Hi Hardee,
And welcome to the best Swing site goin'.  You're really going to enjoy it.  Now, I'm not a hi-mile rider like most on here but I have had both the stock Honda and tall Givi windshields.  Bought mine about four months after I purchased my Swing in June of 08.  Don't know that the Givi is perfect but it's definitely one of the best improvements that many SWing riders choose.  'Course, there's the adjustable Givi too that some swear by.  Either way will be good for you, I'm sure.  Good Luck and Happy Ridin'.
Back to top Go down
abcdleines
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
abcdleines

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2013-04-10

New windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: New windshield   New windshield I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Aug 2013, 04:56

When I purchased my 05 it had the stok windshield on it way to short for me. After reading the board here I purchased the two piece Givi. Had it on for a couple months and for me it was still to short even at it highest position. Bought and installed the tall Givi and its perfect now, I now look just over the top. I am 6'3" but my inseam is only 31". Short legs, tall body. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Slickie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-03-13

New windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: New windshield   New windshield I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Aug 2013, 14:32

I bought an 07 S/W with the stock windshield. Decided to try another windshield to reduce buffeting and noise. I am 6 feet tall. My seat to top of head height is 36.5 inches. I bought a Cee Bailey 25 inch windshield and it works well for me. Price was right and have used it for a couple thousand miles so far without any issues. Lotsa excellent ideas and experiences from this forum for you to digest. Good luck.

Cheers,
slick
Back to top Go down
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

New windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: New windshield   New windshield I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Aug 2013, 17:55

Thanks guys; I found the Givi on line for $100. & ordered with the light tint. I've changed a few windshields. I don't know; maybe the bike builders are trying to save a few dollars with inadequate shields. Topbox is next project. Again thanks. harley
Back to top Go down
Magoo Triker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Magoo Triker

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-08-03

New windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: New windshield   New windshield I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Aug 2013, 21:53

Were did you order one for $100????

Magoo
Back to top Go down
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

New windshield Empty
PostSubject: Magoo- Givi $100.00   New windshield I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug 2013, 04:49

Competition Accessories + shipping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: New windshield   New windshield I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New windshield
Page 1 of 1