Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look Empty
PostSubject: Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look   Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi All,

When I'm working in my shop I always need to move my scooter out side so I can have the room to work. The top of my scooter is always getting cooked by the sun and all this 100F temps we are having here don't help. So I had to take a serius look at covers. Well I ordered a XL Nelson-Rigg half cover and it came in today. Installed it on my scooter (sorry, no top box but will fit over one I've been told). Here are a couple of pictures of it installed. Middle loop fits nicely over rear foot peg. It packs down to a small size. sunny

http://www.chromeworld.com/ProductDetails/StyleMasterDetails.aspx?pid={044dc930-f4b2-4edd-a987-9dd617199bda}&pname=Nelson+Riggs+UV-2000+Motorcycle+Half+Cover&Referer=QUICK_SEARCH&Alias=Nelson riggs&ptct=BS-SR&CTitle=&
Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look Cover110

Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look Cover210

DennisB

Last edited by DennisB on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look   Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:01 am

I like it. I have considered such a thing for my bike while at work. My fear is that the wind could get under and turn the cover into a sail, pulling the bike over.

Although last fall we had the SilverWings parked outside a hotel with the full covers on them when hurricane Gustav blew through. The only thing that blew away was the pouch for storing one of the covers.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look   Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:52 am

Thanks for the tip Dennis! I had been looking for a cover for when I travel, I pushed the button an bought one. It works well and fits over my JC Whitney XL box just fine. It comes with its own stuff bag and fits nicely in the top box, and is small enough that I carry it all the time. Getting it back in the stuff bag is real easy too. I'll post a picture soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look   Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:08 am

masscoot wrote:
Thanks for the tip Dennis! I had been looking for a cover for when I travel, I pushed the button an bought one. It works well and fits over my JC Whitney XL box just fine. It comes with its own stuff bag and fits nicely in the top box, and is small enough that I carry it all the time. Getting it back in the stuff bag is real easy too. I'll post a picture soon.

Please let us know when you post the picture. I've been using an old cover for travelling, but it's too big and takes up all my storage room.

Thanks,

Mandy
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look   Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:07 pm

Sure thing Mandy! I hope to install my new Dr Pulley Sliders this weekend Laughing so I'll pop the cover on and shoot a pic or two with the XL case installed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look   Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:30 am

masscoot wrote:
Sure thing Mandy! I hope to install my new Dr Pulley Sliders this weekend Laughing so I'll pop the cover on and shoot a pic or two with the XL case installed.

Good luck with the work! Must be the weekend for it. My husband's installing new brakes on his RT on Saturday.

Mandy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look   Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:34 am

I have the same cover and find it works pretty good, my only complaint with the cover is the elastic on the bottom tends to scratch the tupperware.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look   Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:18 am

Hi Jeff,

They are more like a very lite scoff marks and they wax out with no effort. Just keep a good coat of wax on the scooter and you will be fine. Thay's a good thing to do anyway.

DennisB sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look   Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nelson-Rigg Half Cover, My first Look
Page 1 of 1