Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forgive My Rookie Questions
LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S

Go down 
+5
johnd
Atrick
jobo2mi
bobbyhit
DaveR
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:48 pm

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S

I took a little ride around the town,
The sun was up; the wind was down.
What a beautiful day for a bike ride.
Until a Harley pulled up beside.

He looked at me; I looked at him,
I saw him put on a funny grin.
He reved it up and made it roar,
Sounded like he had horses galore.

He took off and shifted that thing.
He really made that Harley sing.
He slammed those gears to make it go,
I thought "OK, you so and so"!

I gave my Zooker a little gas,
And for a second he was first, and now he's last.
We sailed by him and waved as we went by.
He pointed his finger up in the sky.

I thought, "That's OK, you Monkey Hooter!
You just got beat by a motor scooter."

True Story! This was written by my twin brother in
Albuquerque, N.M. U.S.A. Smile
Back to top Go down
bobbyhit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-05-28

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Love it!   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:21 pm

DaveR wrote:
LOVE THEM HARLEY'S

I took a little ride around the town,
The sun was up; the wind was down.
What a beautiful day for a bike ride.
Until a Harley pulled up beside.

He looked at me; I looked at him,
I saw him put on a funny grin.
He reved it up and made it roar,
Sounded like he had horses galore.

He took off and shifted that thing.
He really made that Harley sing.
He slammed those gears to make it go,
I thought "OK, you so and so"!

I gave my Zooker a little gas,
And for a second he was first, and now he's last.
We sailed by him and waved as we went by.
He pointed his finger up in the sky.

I thought, "That's OK, you Monkey Hooter!
You just got beat by a motor scooter."

True Story! This was written by my twin brother in
Albuquerque, N.M. U.S.A. Smile
Back to top Go down
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2011-06-06

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:34 am

Love it!!! I love the 'no shifting' on the Swing .... makes beating the Harley dudes off the line sooooooooo much easier Wink ..... and I don't have to be so 'busy' trying to remember '1 up, 3 down' or whatever the heck it is ....... motorcycle
Back to top Go down
http://www.josbooks4kids.com
Atrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Atrick

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-09-04

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm

If I had to explain, you wouldn't understand - but I'll try... Laughing

I hardly ever ride my pig as fast as my Swing - that's because when I'm cruisin' nonchalantly in the sun on my shiny Milwaukee steed lookin' cool & listenin' to a music CD, the girls look at me with a smile & the fellas with envy!! Cool
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Hogs and S/W   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:43 pm

I have noticed when ridding with both, that Hogs (Harleys) really don't like me but Goldwings respect me. Of this I am very proud.

I am half the price of a Harley or much, more, and much faster off the line and can keep up with the best at top speed.
That is a lot to say for a 600cc compared to what? 1300 or more. And going up hills, forget it!

Goldwings are not any faster than I from 0 to around 80 mph.
No matter how big they are, and cost at least 3 times what I paid for mine.

I am not saying that I don't like G/W. I believe they are the best long distance motorcycle, in the world. Period.

Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:26 pm

A couple friends and I rode over to the next town west of here this morning to meet with some other GW riders for breakfast. On the way home we rode through the hills and wine country, the long way home. The temperature was about 65F and the sky a beautiful blue. It doesn't matter what you ride it was great to be on two wheels this morning.
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-08-06

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:57 pm

a swing will also beat a 4.6 liter mustang stoplight to stoplight ..

Back to top Go down
Atrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Atrick

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 4:43 am

bom As I said before, it ain't about the speed. Riding my pig I do condescend to acknowledge other marques of course - however I sometimes wish my nose didn't turn up at the end 'cos if it was a bit straighter then I could look down at them in a far more superior way....!!! :lol!:
Back to top Go down
OLD HICKORY
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2013-04-05

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 8:41 am

I currently ride a Silverwing (of coarse) a Honda Big Ruckus and a Harley Roadking. I enjoy riding all of them. I don't ride with Honda or Harley clubs but ride for the love of riding. I surely notice the different reactions to Harley riders as I pass by them on my Silverwing and then switch over to my Harley and pass them again. All of a sudden I'm their equal which is totally BS in my opinion. Before I started riding Harleys I use to brag about how I could run circles around them on my Honda Magna. Now I believe what does it matter what you ride as long as you ride. No sides taken here. OH
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Old Hickory,
I think this is the point most of us would try to make. Some of us are DAV's
like me. I cannot shift gears anymore so the Honda Silverwing works fine for me. I am also coming up on 77 yrs of age. At any rate, I am by the Grace of God still riding. . . I just wish those Harley Riders felt like wise. Macho? Who cares what you ride. . . just enjoy what you ride and be ye thankful. . . I like my twin brother do think those that have there nose in the air sometimes need to be taken down a notch! I will ride with anyone regardless of what they are riding. Some people just ride what is available to them as blessed of God.
Old Dave Smile
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:02 pm

OLD HICKORY wrote:
I currently ride a Silverwing (of coarse) a Honda Big Ruckus and a Harley Roadking. I enjoy riding all of them. I don't ride with Honda or Harley clubs but ride for the love of riding. I surely notice the different reactions to Harley riders as I pass by them on my Silverwing and then switch over to my Harley and pass them again. All of a sudden I'm their equal which is totally BS in my opinion. Before I started riding Harleys I use to brag about how I could run circles around them on my Honda Magna. Now I believe what does it matter what you ride as long as you ride. No sides taken here. OH

When I ride my Goldwing I naturally sneer at anything whatsoever on two wheels. Except for other regal, peerless, Goldwings.
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-08-06

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:18 am

where I live I guess I am quite looked down upon , but I don't care , most of the Harley riders put 1300 miles a season on their bike " if they are lucky " , and are fair weather bikers only , and sneer when they pass the swing , gold wingers are the most unfriendly sort of all , and I own two myself , old wings but still never the less goldwings , in my youth I have rode with real 1%'er bikers , and the goldwingers scare me more and are the toughest 99%er biker crowd I have ever been around or played a gig for...
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:51 am

I was joking of course. I've never seen many inconsiderate or unfriendly GW riders. Most of the many I know have an interest in many kinds of bike though by necessity we're required to rag HD owners and take the same kind of ribbing from them. I often tweak my brother who rides a BMW and wears Aerostitch. It's all in fun though. I wave to 50cc scooter riders and anyone else I meet on two wheels.
Back to top Go down
Atrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Atrick

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:24 am

Of course I'm totally with extravid on this. Having an H-D, I enjoy the banter with my (mainly BMW owning) friends & believe me, I come in for a lot of stick when riding what my sports-biker son calls "Dad's tractor"! However I don't mind, it's all good fun but amazingly when on my Swing the reactions are almost always completely the opposite as everyone approves - so I've got the best of both worlds! sunny
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:25 am

I've seen scores of HD riders on this holiday, anything from lone riders to groups of 3 or 4, to groups of 20 or 30 wearing back patches with 'Mongols' and 'Really Old Guys'. It's the most popular motorcycle on the roads, and I've hardly seen a scooter at all. The majority of HD riders have been bareheaded or wearing doo rags or bandanas, shades, T shirts, denim, and black leather. There's been lots of bare arms and legs on show too which considering the daily heat in Arizona, Nevada, and Utah where we've been travelling through I can now understand. They all seemed to be enjoyed themselves, and it's nice to see.

I've noticed the main difference between here and HD riders in the UK is noise. The Brits nearly all fit really offensively loud pain in the arse exhausts using the old "loud pipes save lives" excuse . I'm now certain it's more about drawing attention to themselves as a bada** Harley Davidson owner. Smile
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: 4:30 am   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:12 am

Meldrew. Your are exactly correct. I do hope you enjoy ridding in the U.S. and would have enjoyed going way out of my way to have meet you while you were here.

Where did you get your ride? Who are you riding with, how long and where are you ridding to and are you taking pictures of the big bad H/D that you see along the way? affraid
and why are you up at 4:30 am??? motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:05 am

We're not riding, we're in a Nissan hire car we picked up in Phoenix, AZ. Mrs M organised the trip for our Honeymoon. So we're been to Sedona, Flagstaff, Jerome, Prescott, and Tusayan, and the Grand Canyon. Then we crossed over into Nevada, had a look at the Hoover Dam, and stayed at the Palazzo in Las Vegas for a few days. We took in the Rock of Ages and Shania Twain live shows, and I got a severe bollocking from my new wife for turning up late and missing a Cirque du Soleil show! Embarassed

We also went out to Red Rock Canyon on these 50cc trike thingies which were great fun. Then we went on to Utah and stayed a couple of nights in Springdale and went hiking in Zion Canyon, which I found knackering in nearly 100° heat. Yesterday we drove back into Arizona and went rafting on the Colorado River at Glen Canyon near Page.

Mrs M's gone off for a couple of hours to tour some old ruins, leaving this old ruin sitting playing on his iPad. Then we go off to Winslow, AZ for a bit of "Standing On A Corner" stuff. Then tomorrow we drive back to Phoenix to hand back the hire car and an overnight stay before flying back to the UK.

I'm still drinking cold tea out of jam jars, and I thought okra was a TV chat show host till I came to the South West! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOVE THEM HARLEY'S   LOVE THEM HARLEY'S I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOVE THEM HARLEY'S
Page 1 of 1