Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Spot Light Relocation and Bracket

Go down 
+9
W0THK
misterroy2
skydad99
masscoot
thomphoto
Cosmic_Jumper
Opalsboy
matthew
DennisB
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi All,

A few of you where asking me about my spot lights. Well I finaly got around to designing a bracket and moving them today. Just one of those things I needed to do. It was on my honey do list.

The pictures start out with the old spot light location. Then the new bracket installed on the scooter. Then the finished install of the spots.

Enjoy.

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Spots110

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Spots310

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Spots411

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Spots510

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Spots610

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Spots710

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Spots810

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Spots910

Ride safe,

DennisB sunny

Last edited by DennisB on Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Very nicely done Dennis. Thanks for the quick photos. Hopefully this new placement won't create any body damage problems in a fall.

Ride safe, and brightly.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: More power to you ...   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:41 pm

Dennis... you scare me... you come up with these things in a flash. I am not sure you were born on this planet.

Now you have me wanting a set of these. Did you use the original wiring system of the old location? I can't remember how you switch them on. Next time we talk, lets discuss this with some more details. Unless, you get asked by someone else for specifics. Then I will just ease drop and learn from that.

They do look sharp and I like the new location. But, I am afraid that you can still tear your bike up if you continue to do the drop bike in parking lot act.

I would stay and talk more, but John from the other forum may be stalking my friends to wipe them out too.

Gary
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Hi Gary,

I'm from Earth. I was born here. Suspect I think?

Let's just say the scooter won't get hurt nearly as bad now if I drop it again.

Yes, I used the same wiring with no mods, worked out great. Dang lights sure are bright. cyclops

DennisB sunny
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Hi All,

I'm thinking $45.00 USD for the Spot light mounting bracket.

Going to manufacture 3 spot lights brackets to sell at this time. They will have 1/4" light mounting holes. I will need to check on the shipping cost.

If your interested in PURCHASING a spot light bracket...Send me a PM.

Thank You,

Dennis

Last edited by DennisB on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:30 pm

Thought I posted this yesterday, but it never appeared on the forum:

How about posting some measurements for the sport light bracket.

Are you using the large fairing mount bolts (under the nose) to mount the bracket.

Some of up of the DIY persuasion may wish to try our own hand at making one.

Thanks,

Tim
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:24 pm

Tim,

Custom GPS mounts, Dual Flag mounts, Arm rest kits, Cargo fastening systems, Corbin saddle latch spacers, and now Spot light mounting brackets

You need to know that designing, manufacturing, and selling custom accessories for the Honda Silverwing is how I buy food, pay my bills, and keep a roof over my head.

So....If you want to buy a spot light bar/bracket for your scooter, please do. But I will never give away any technical information on my designs.....never. It means that much to me.

So if you design your own, good luck with your project.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Spotlight Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:17 pm

Embarassed Oops!...Who knew?

Sorry, I didn't mean to step on your business.

Hopefully you'll accept this Noob's appology.

Tim
'03 Silverwing, Cosmic Jumper
Philadelphia
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Tim,

Appology accepted, now let's have some fun. sunny

DennisB
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 2:01 pm

For those of you that like to look at chrome. This is a set of Wal-Mart Optronics Model QH-87CD Halogen Driving Lights installed on my new SilverWing Light Bar. What I like about the Optronics Lights is a person can change out the bulbs quite easy to a much brighter and tighter spot type bulb at a low cost.

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Spots111

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Spots511

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Spots711

DennisB
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:02 am

Dennis, I think a lot of people would be interested in a custom luggage rack for the Swing. I don't like the look of the top boxes, even tho I have a Givi.
Even when the box is off, the black plastic rack that it attaches to is still there. A nice aluminum rack would look so much better. You can do it.
Wendell
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:55 am

Dennis a luggage rack would be cool, but most Mfg's make their own for their boxes. One niche for you would be side racks to mount for hard saddle bags for more long range touring. Like your arm rests they would be unique!
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:01 am

Please Wendell, don't give him any more ideas for now. I need a little time to save up some money. If you suggest this, he will build it, and I will HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE!!!! The man is phenomenal (For John on the other forum --- that means "VERY SPECIAL) .
Oh well, you already have me wanting one... come on Dennis ... send me and Wendell one later today.

Gary

See ... now you have masscott putting in another neat idea... I can't stand it. Send me one of those too.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:02 am

Hi Guys,

Just wish there was 3 of me. Just not enough time in the day. I'm working on getting a set of arm rests out the door. I have to rewrite the installation instructions. The person that bought them is going to upholster his own arm pads. So I need to get this done for him.

Alot of great ideas from a bunch of smart and creative people. Keep it up.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:19 am

DennisB wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just wish there was 3 of me. Just not enough time in the day. I'm working on getting a set of arm rests out the door. I have to rewrite the installation instructions. The person that bought them is going to upholster his own arm pads. So I need to get this done for him.

Alot of great ideas from a bunch of smart and creative people. Keep it up.

DennisB

Hey Dennis, we'll give you a week or two. No big hurry.

Wendell
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:50 pm

I saw these at J.C. Whitney. $24.99 including 2 lights,wiring, switch, etc. Are these the same lights you are using, Dennis? Is this cheaper than Wal-Mart?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/OPTRONICS-COMPETITION-SERIES-DRIVING-LIGHTS/GP_2003730_N_111+10201+600027856_10101.jcw
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi Richard,

Yes... these are the same lights. At Wal-Mart they are only about $15.50 a set and that is just over $16.00 out the door and when you get them at Wal-Mart there is no shipping costs.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:44 am

thomphoto wrote:
Dennis, I think a lot of people would be interested in a custom luggage rack for the Swing. I don't like the look of the top boxes, even tho I have a Givi.
Even when the box is off, the black plastic rack that it attaches to is still there. A nice aluminum rack would look so much better. You can do it.
Wendell

I took the mount for my Givi box off because I thought it detracted from the looks of my S.W.. I used 4 bolts in the holes left in the wing and repainted the top part of the wing with the bolts in. Krylon has a bright silver paint in a spray can that matches the color of the wing perfectly. Wal-Mart has it for around $2.97 or so. Its very easy to remove the wing and re-install the Givi mount if I ever want to use it on a trip. I had even thought of trying to find a used wing that hadn't been drilled for a mount and just leave the mount on one and trade wings when I wanted the box on. There are only 4 bolts to remove to take the wing off. Very simple.
Back to top Go down
misterroy2
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:15 am

I think we need to start a dennis fan club for all the neat things you make and make avaible to us. Thanks Dennis
Back to top Go down
W0THK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:05 pm

I finally got around to installing my light bracket. It fits like a glove! Excellent work, Dennis!

One thing to keep in mind is that the light bracket will NOT be at chassis ground. This may or may not be an issue, depending on the type of lights you use. If you use two-wire lights, it won't matter. However, it you use a single-wire light that wants to ground through the bracket it's attached to, you'll need to run a ground wire. I'm using the Kuyakyn Silver Bullets and ran into that issue. It's not a really big deal - just something you might need to be aware of.

Keep up the good work, Dennis!!

TomK
Mpls, MN
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the kind words. If you get some time...please post some pictures of your newly installed lights. I would sure like to see them.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
W0THK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 am

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket PA270047Here's a pic of the Kuryakyn Silver Bullets installed on Dennis' mount:
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Light Bar with lights installed   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:27 pm

This is my light set installed. Really lights up the night for me.
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket 100_0013

spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket 100_0014 Gary
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:47 pm

Guys, Thank you for taking the time to post pictures of your driving light installations. They both look terrific.

When I first installed mine, I was amazed to say the least. It sure helps.

DennisB spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Dennis

Do you make more than one version of the spot light bracket?

In the photo of the red SWing, it appears that a single cross bar bracket locates the lights 'outside' the body line.

While an earlier photo seems to show that there are two brackets attached to the cross bar which locate the lights forward & up in front of the air inlets adjacient to the headlight high beam.

As good as most of the photos are, there seem to be just enough glare & reflections to make it difficult to determine exactly how/where the lights are positioned.

Tim
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:30 pm

I just make one. It's a good fit for most lights. What is making the light bar look different is the angle of the photos in relation to the scooter.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:20 pm

Dennis,
This is "Old Dave" in Western Nebraska...
I was thinking about a "Modulator" for my head light so I could be seen easier but like the driving lights better. Does your mounting bracket come with the wiring instructions so I know where to hook into the power etc? Do you have them on all of the time or are they on a switch? I prefer a switch so I can turn them on and off. Pictures of my Swing are on this Forum under "Album".
Thank You much
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi Dave,

Yes I do provide wiring diagrams of both the lights and Relay installation.

I have a un-lighted small rocker switch installed on my left handelbar cover that controls my spot lights on and off. I also installed a relay under my scooters left side cover that I purchased off ebay to turn my lights off when I turn off my scooter key.
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Switch10

Relay thread: http://cgi.ebay.com/Relay-and-Socket-12V-12-Volt-SPDT-30-40-AMP_W0QQitemZ190339690783QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c5121311f

Here's a picture of my spot light relay installed:
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Instal10

Here's the relay installation diagram:
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Relay_12

Here is a light installtion diagram:
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Schm2_10

I hope this helps.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Dennis,
How can I get the bracket? Can I mail you a check and you send the bracket...and if so the amount I need to send.
"Old Dave"
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi Dave,

I just sent you a PM with all the information to order.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Dennis B , you did a beautiful job of install.

I was looking at the light wiring schematic and it will only work if the lights have a 2 wire hookup. If it uses a case ground you need to run through the switch first. Then to the single lead on the lamps.

Here is a excellent schematic that will work with all types of lights , power outlets etc.

http://web.archive.org/web/20061028182412/www.rattlebars.com/mtz/foglites.html

On the 2nd schematic the blue wire on terminal 86 is the trigger wire, it runs through a switch and gets it power from a wire that is hot when the key is on. usually the tail light wire. The tail light wire is BL/BR.

MaxB
spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Moz-screenshot-3spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket Moz-screenshot-4
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:18 pm

People should use what ever diagram that gets the job done and that they feel comfortable with using and understand. This is important.

I'm also the light bar designer.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Just a bump, some people have shown interest in this and don't know how to find it.
Back to top Go down
Regio
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Regio

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:54 am

Just a question about light location. Where you have the lightbar mounted under the front looks good, but I like the way it looked up higher too. Which option gives you the best vision when riding at night? I'm thinking of getting one of your connectors and light bars. I really love the GPS mount. Your creativity has inspired me!
Back to top Go down
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:04 am

Those look the bomb!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spot Light Relocation and Bracket   spot lights - Spot Light Relocation and Bracket I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spot Light Relocation and Bracket
Page 1 of 1