Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered

Go down 
+2
JeffR_
Scoundrel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scoundrel
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Scoundrel

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-04-15

Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered Empty
PostSubject: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:12 pm

I appreciate all of the information on this equipment and what effects the various weight sliders had. I was able to get enough information on this forum to make my decision and place an order.

Anyone know why most of BigBird's posts are "x"ed out? Probably a disagreement that led to a disgruntled forum user wiping out his posts, maybe I don't need/want details.
If that's what happened, it's sad that he felt the need to screw things up for everyone in order to satisfy a grudge.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Scondrel,

Yes that is why there is a 'x'. Terry (bigbird) was a very knowledgeable person about the SWing and there were about 3 people who would go back and forth so 2 of them left. Some may not have cared for him but I always liked the guy and spoke with him a few times on the phone. He had a great deal of knowledge and shared it too.

It's too bad what happened during a certain time on this site.
Back to top Go down
Scoundrel
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Scoundrel

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:38 pm

Pre-installation notes:
The new kit will probably arrive late this week, and I'll probably install it next week. I'm doing a 185 mile round trip into the mountains this weekend, don't want to change up the clutch right before that. Want to have more road time on it before I trust it to climb a mountain pass.

Clutch seems to engage at about 2200 RPM.

I'm at about:
4600 RPM at indicated 60 MPH.
5100 RPM at indicated 65 MPH.
5500 RPM at indicated 70 MPH.

I definitely feel the vibration when starting from a stop, or accelerating at low speeds. Freeway buzz doesn't seem too bad right now.
Back to top Go down
Scoundrel
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Scoundrel

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:09 am

Post-Install:
Clutch seems to engage at about 2500 RPM.
About 4100 RPM at indicated 60 MPH.
About 5200 RPM at indicated 70 MPH.

Also installed the HiT clutch with default spring strengths. I'm not sure it's fully "worn in" yet. It works a lot like old-school drum brakes, and my clutch bell's surface was a bit uneven. It will wear in and be more efficient, but it already feels like it's locking things up better than the stock one.

The bike feels smoother and "well-mannered" than before. I'm happy with the changes.

Also installed the AF214, and added some stoppers to prevent it the upper from flying off as some have experienced.

Got my RAM mount for the TomTom today as well, so that's ready to go now as well.

Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered Download

Attachments
Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered Attachment100_3972.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(169 Kb) Downloaded 286 times
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 9:29 am

Looks like a great bike. What is that big eye? is that something you superimposed.
Back to top Go down
Scoundrel
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Scoundrel

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:47 am

Big eye?

Oh, you must be talking about my avatar. That's a Polaris RZR, and yes, I super-imposed the eye with Photoshop, to add a bit of flavor. I use that avatar on a few ATV forums, and when casting about for one to use here, it's just the first one that came up.

Edit: Avatar replaced with something more appropriate for this forum.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:45 pm

If we could only have 'appropriate' avatars then mine would be blank!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Scoundrel
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Scoundrel

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:44 pm

I have an inappropriate one, but I'd probably get beat up if I swapped that one in. This is a rough crowd.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: HiT Clutch update   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:53 am

BUMP THREAD
Scroundrel, How are you making out with your HiT Clutch?

I've been using an HiT Clutch for many thousands of miles now and find it very effective vs the OEM clutch.

The clutch wear pads are starting to show some wear so it will be time to start thinking about replacing the HiT with an upgraded version.

But even though there have been improvements to the HiT clutch since I've purchased this V4.0 kit, I still wish that there was some way to replace just the wear pads rather than replace the whole lot.

Oh, and BTW, I'm using Black 10kg springs on both the clutch shoes as well as the push pins.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Scoundrel
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Scoundrel

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:48 pm

I found that it shudders when engaging. Mike at Buggies NW suggested stronger springs so I swapped the clutch springs out for the black 10kg ones, but left the pink pillow spring in as per his suggestion. It helped but did not completely resolve the issue.

Looking at the shoes, I can see them starting to wear unevenly. Part of the shoes are untouched, other parts are starting to glaze. The clutch outer (bell) is grooved, like brake drums get and is not allowing the clutch to work smoothly.

It would eventually wear down the shoes and they would mate evenly, but instead of letting that happen, I ordered a new clutch outer and the special tool from Honda and am waiting for them to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Scoundrel
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Scoundrel

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:08 pm

I'm back to the stock clutch for now, still waiting for the parts to arrive to make it all brand new.

Here's a photo of what is happening with the shoes.

Attachments
Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered Attachment2013-05-18_10-03-20_925.jpg
(103 Kb) Downloaded 156 times
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Hello Scoundrel,

Sounds as if you have been busy.

The AF214 grip cams on the lower shield need to be adjusted so that they close with a bit of tension. Doesn't need a lot. I think people have lost their top shields because the cams weren't adjusted properly. (Meldrew will be along shortly to say otherwise). I would be interested to see your method of prevention - any chance of some pictures, either in this thread or in your album.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Scoundrel
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Scoundrel

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 2:14 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Hello Scoundrel,

Sounds as if you have been busy.

The AF214 grip cams on the lower shield need to be adjusted so that they close with a bit of tension. Doesn't need a lot. I think people have lost their top shields because the cams weren't adjusted properly. (Meldrew will be along shortly to say otherwise). I would be interested to see your method of prevention - any chance of some pictures, either in this thread or in your album.

Cheers,

Yeah, when I get a new rig I tend to spend more time/money fiddling with it to make it truly mine than I probably should. You should hear about my toy hauler travel trailer fiasco.

Basically I drilled holes in the runners and put machine screws through them with nylon locknuts on the other side. I did this in a spot where the head of the screw will be stopped by the clamp. It will be a pain to remove, but I don't plan to do that often.

I did adjust the tension on the cams. They felt a little loose to me out of the box.

Attachments
Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered AttachmentIMG_20130518_110657.jpg
(35 Kb) Downloaded 143 times

Last edited by Scoundrel on Sat May 18, 2013 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Right on cue!... even though the AF214 has bugger all to to with this topic. My cams were fully locked when I lost the first one one the A1(M) in North Yorkshire and it hit my helmet removing the top ventilation scoop off my Schuberth J1.

The one I lost last year on the M6 near Gretna also had the cams fully locked and the screen on a high setting. Since I fitted the M.A.R.S. and a couple of other safety tweaks to top section 3 it hasn't moved at all. In fact the last time I checked was after a late lunch in the Marktplatz in Bad Frankenhausen in June last year.

Who are the "people" who've lost top sections apart from me? I don't think anyone was aware of this problem until I flagged it up here and on the Muppets forum.
Back to top Go down
Scoundrel
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Scoundrel

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 3:03 pm

I don't mind a bit of topic drift in a thread I started.

I did mention the windshield earlier in the thread.

I don't see a way to change the title of the thread to be less specific, but basically this thread is about my Silverwing, and the things I have done with it.

So we're still on topic. Yay us!
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 5:06 pm

It went only slightly off but not so far as can't be brought back.

You must be getting quite expert at taking that clutch apart by now. Mine has the stock clutch, I would be interested on the long term findings of the HIT clutch. (Always trying to 'out-do' Meldrew with the number of mods to the scooter).

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Scoundrel
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Scoundrel

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Yeah, I've got the process down. My "MKII" version of the drive pulley holder works much better (now that I actually followed the instructions exactly).
I have even used a Sharpie to draw arrows on the inner cover telling me where each bolt goes before the next cover blocks the hole. Smile

I think I felt more vibrations (but not the shudder)with the stock clutch. But I am not 100% sure. I'll know once I put the new bell on and put the HiT clutch back in. Then I'll know whether it was worth the cash.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 6:22 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:
(Always trying to 'out-do' Meldrew with the number of mods to the scooter)

I haven't got any mods apart from the Airflow, I can't be bothered. I've got a couple of Honda accessories I had fitted from new, the rest is basic bits and some touring junk I already had and used on other maxis. I've just installed my Garmin sat nav with a USA SD card for use in the hire car on our holidays

Wasn't nearly all your mods fitted by the original owner who sold it to marco/horobags off the Muppets, and you bought it from him. So with your Arrow can and all the other stuff the original owner fitted, you win hands down mate!

:not worthy:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered   Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr Pulley HiT clutch and 26gr sliders ordered
Page 1 of 1