Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Just hanging out

Go down 
+6
"Hi Yo"
JeffR_
Gyro
DennisB
GHM-PM
CaseSteam
10 posters
AuthorMessage
CaseSteam
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-04-29

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:11 pm

Greetings.
I currently ride a Yahama Majesty but I'm looking to learn more about the SWing. I'm thinking there very well may be a SWing in my future!
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Welcome aboard. The Majesty is a great scoot but the Silver Wing is also a fine machine. For around town the Yamaha is probably easier but on the road you cannot beat the twin-cylinder Honda!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi Casesteam,

Welcome aboard. Good to have you with us. cheers
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Another Kansan! Great! Smile

welcome
Back to top Go down
CaseSteam
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm a new rider - took the class last fall. I was going to buy a 750 Shadow, but after tire-kicking several times, I chose the Majesty with storage as it was better for having somewhere to store my briefcase bag instead of having to have saddle bags or a top box. The Majesty is a great bike, but I'm thinking I want a little more. At times, I feel a bit cramped on it (5'10" with a 34" inseam) A local dealer as a 2012 in stock that I looked at and did a test-fit sitting on it. It seems to have more leg room for me to move my feet out a bit farther than the Majesty but they don't allow a test drive.

Do any dealers ever do test-drives?
I don't have any trouble handling the size/weight of the Majesty, but I'm a bit concerned a out the extra weight of the SWing.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:24 pm

Oh no. First we have Gyro and now CaseSteam....please no more Kansasians!!! Just kidding. As Gyro knows, we joke around here a lot. Welcome to the site and congrats on your Majesty. I rode m/c's alot and then went to scooters. I had the Reflex, Majesty, and now the Swing. The Swing in my opinion is like a more comfortable and stable Majesty, although the Majesty was a great scoot. It is just that the SWing is much more powerful and I feel more stable.

The added weight is nothing really. I'm 6' and 210 lbs and it is nothing for me to push around and handle. But it is more powerful and since you sound like you are a bit newer of a rider just be careful at first, but I'm sure all will be well. That is if you get a SWing. I had my Majesty for 2 years and 12,500 miles and the SWing since March 2007 and have 34,000 miles and I have never regretted buying the SWing. As a matter of fact, there is nothing else other than the NT700 or the new NC700 I would trade the SWing in for.

But if you decide on the SWing I would think yiou would really like it. And this forum is very friendly place to be too.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Just hanging out 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:30 pm

We have several members who moved up to the Silver Wing from the Majesty. With your leg length, I don't see any problem for you. The only problem may be the added power that will cause you to add extra miles (and smiles) to your commute. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride. small moped welcome
Back to top Go down
rjdoles
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
rjdoles

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-09-24

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:36 pm

Welcome to the site!

Our Majesty was totaled in an accident but it seemed to me that it sat taller than the swing. In addition, my wife complained about the Maj seat being so wide that it interfered with her putting her feet down.

The center of gravity on both the Maj and the swing are pretty low and although the swing is a little heavier, the transition to it was easy for us.

I just sold my 750 Shadow and it weighed about the same as the Swing but with the high fuel tank and tall engine, it was considerably more top heavy. I don't miss the extra effort required to balance it at low speed and appreciate the ease of riding the scooter at low speeds.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:49 pm

As for what RJ said about the width of the Majesty's seat, my wife likes the SWing so much better and she didn't like the footboards on the Majesty at all. She is much more comfortable with the Swing and the footpegs. She had a hard time keeping her feet on the footboards without them trying to slip off. It got to the point where she didn't really like riding on the Majesty.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:06 am

Welcome from NE Kansas!!! You picked a great site. And you'll be happy with the SWing... It's what I started out on as a beginner so I know how easy it is to deal with.
Back to top Go down
ScootRGuy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:22 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
CaseSteam
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks for all the positive comments and encouragement. I'm thinking I need to go look at it again and perhaps see if they are willing to deal on it.
:-)
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:11 am

JeffR_ wrote:
She is much more comfortable with the Swing and the footpegs. She had a hard time keeping her feet on the footboards without them trying to slip off. It got to the point where she didn't really like riding on the Majesty.
My wife had the same problem with the Burgman - took away the enjoyment of riding. The Wing is so much better all round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just hanging out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out   Just hanging out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just hanging out
Page 1 of 1