Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Throttle Locks for Swings

Go down 
+18
model28a
JeffR_
scoop
bikerboy
ScooterBJ
Cosmic_Jumper
john grinsel
Mudnman
mj80s
ultralight
DennisB
mhhrushe
exavid
honda_silver
JeffR
Opalsboy
matthew
dspevack
22 posters
AuthorMessage

Throttle Locks for Swings Empty
PostSubject: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:30 pm

I've been doing a lot of longer and longer trips, and I really envy the throttle locks that some of my fellow travellers use. Does anyone have one that works on a Silverwing? Does it matter that it's an automatic? Also, I have heated grips.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

M-
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:37 pm

You can find an inventory of a lot of cool stuff for the Silverwing here:
http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/board_show.pl?bid=23
Including various throttle locks under the cruise control topic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:52 pm

I found it! But it doesn't look like you can get it in the states!

Last edited by Emeskay on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:05 pm

I use the universal Vista Cruise for 7/8" bars. Don't know if heated grips would make a difference or not. Makes a great difference in riding/hand/arm comfort and versatility of movement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:08 pm

Hey Matthew...thanks for the reply. I saw that you had this, in one of your other responses. I sent an e-mail to the company to see if it would work.

Do you have pictures of your swing? I'd like to see all of your customizations.
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Look in the "Album" section (at the top of the home page) for "Matthew's '04 S'wing". My mods are pretty much functional ones, and pretty basic too. I tried to show all of them in the pics. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Saddle bags   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:15 pm

Hello Matthew, I looked at your album just now and noticed the leather saddle bags. How do you keep them off of the muffler on the right side? I have considered those for my scoot sometime in the near future. Do you ever ride 2 up and if you do, do the bags interfere with the passenger foot pegs?

Gary
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Hey Gary,

Those bags measure about 10 1/2" high by 14 1/2" wide (front to back, at their high dimension) by 6" deep. They're "slant" bags, so the height measurement at the front is different from the one at the back of the bag. This is useful when trying to avoid the muffler, because you can install the bags so that the shorter height end of the bag is closest to the muffler, thus giving a bit more clearance. You only need a good inch of clearance to be ok, I'd say.

So choosing the right size bags is important. Anything higher than 10 1/2 or 11" I'd say would not work on the S'wing. And since the muffler itself is installed in a "slanted" position, it seems to me that you would need slanted bags. These are "throw-over" bags, which means they're joined together by a "yoke" (adjustable). You can literally throw them over your back seat, or more probably, install the yoke under the seat. I find that when the right side bag is loaded - I don't put anything heavy in that side for just the reason we're discussing; it holds my rain gear (pants, jacket, rubber gloves, rubber over-boots) and a shirt or two - I have to use one of the tie cords that come with the bag to help heft it up a bit more by tying the top of the bag (using it's strap) to the grab rail.

So far I haven't burned the bag, so I figure it's working ok. These were inexpensive bags - you can find them all the time on ebay - which came in a set of seven different bags, including the 2 saddlebags, a backpack, a tool bag, a duffle, a windshield bag, and a sissy bar bag (I think). I actually use most of them. The duffle is very useful for day trips, the backpak is useful for day hikes or airline carry-on, the tool bag actully holds some basic tools under my seat. These were/are my first saddlebags, and I didn't want to spend too much to try it out. They have held up pretty well over about two years now. They're not the absolute best quality, but they're not crap either, and they are pretty functional and I think attractive. All in all I'm pleased with them.

I never ride two-up, so I can't say how these bags would affect a passenger's comfort. As far as I can see, they do not interfere with opening and using the passenger pegs.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:03 pm

I also have the vista cruise for the 7/8" handle bars and it works great. There is also a good throttle lock that others use but it is about $200, but I can't think of the name just now. I will hunt around for it and post it as soon as I find it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:20 am

JeffR wrote:
There is also a good throttle lock that others use but it is about $200, but I can't think of the name just now.

http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:28 am

JeffR wrote:
I also have the vista cruise for the 7/8" handle bars and it works great. There is also a good throttle lock that others use but it is about $200, but I can't think of the name just now. I will hunt around for it and post it as soon as I find it.

Do you have a source for these? How much do they run, approximately? I saw the price in another currency when I looked on the web.

Thanks,

M-
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Vista Cruise   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm

Look here... price in us dollars

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Universal-Vista-Cruise-Control-p-17004.html

Hope this helps
Gary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:24 pm

My husband has some concerns about locking the throttle on a scooter b/c it doesn't have a clutch. swing How should I answer that? confused
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:29 pm

Emeskay wrote:
My husband has some concerns about locking the throttle on a scooter b/c it doesn't have a clutch. swing How should I answer that? confused

BrakeAway mechanically disables when you hit the brake.

Or there are some real cruise control options.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:58 am

I thought that it would be disabled by the brake. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

However, it's not for me. I wrote to Customer Service at Brakeaway. Unfortunately, they told me that BrakeAway is not compatible with heated grips. Sad
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Emeskay wrote:
However, it's not for me. I wrote to Customer Service at Brakeaway. Unfortunately, they told me that BrakeAway is not compatible with heated grips. Sad

So that narrows down to

a) mechanical cruise (you disable yourself)
b) electronic cruise control (better and easier to install than vacuum based)
c) hand cruise control (like my "Wrist Rest", Crampbusters, etc.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:16 am

honda_silver wrote:

So that narrows down to

I had a bad experience with a cramp buster, it got caught on my sleeve and I wound up with a rather large and ugly black and blue from getting dragged across some gravel. What do you mean by mechanical cruise?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:39 am

Emeskay wrote:
honda_silver wrote:

So that narrows down to

I had a bad experience with a cramp buster, it got caught on my sleeve and I wound up with a rather large and ugly black and blue from getting dragged across some gravel. What do you mean by mechanical cruise?

I think he is talking about a throttle lock that you have to dissable with your thumb . I had one of those I didn't like it .you are forever adjusting it .I have the vacuum operated electronic speed control . I do think that the fully electric one is better,and that is what I would recomend . The problem is getting it installed .I do them but I am in Canada.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:45 am

Excell wrote:

I think he is talking about a throttle lock that you have to dissable with your thumb . I had one of those I didn't like it .you are forever adjusting it .I have the vacuum operated electronic speed control . I do think that the fully electric one is better,and that is what I would recomend . The problem is getting it installed .I do them but I am in Canada.

Hi. Yes, Manitoba is a bit removed from Southern Maryland. What is the electric one? Is it compatible with heated grips?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:14 am

Emeskay wrote:
I had a bad experience with a cramp buster, it got caught on my sleeve and I wound up with a rather large and ugly black and blue from getting dragged across some gravel.

My Crampbuster interfered with my braking, so it came off that night. I now ride with Wrist Rests ( http://newstyleleathers.com/wrist_rest.html ) on both sides and they are more comfortable and adjustable.

Emeskay wrote:
What do you mean by
mechanical cruise?

You unlock or roll throttle back yourself.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:18 am

Emeskay wrote:
Hi. Yes, Manitoba is a bit removed from Southern Maryland. What is the electric one? Is it compatible with heated grips?

The Electronic Cruise does not interfere with the grips. The unit will typically be mounted near your left hand and has three buttons.

I am sure Joe Wolfe ( http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=1876#pid1876 ) in Kingsport, Tenn could install it.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Throttle lock   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:34 am

Added one more accessory to my SW today. I installed a Vista Cruise throttle lock. It's nice to be able to take you right hand off the throttle for a moment if needed while rolling down the road if for nothing else than work a cramp loose. The Vista Cruise for a 7/8" handlebar is the one that fits the SW. There were three things I had to do to get it to work properly. First I had to narrow the piece of the Vista Cruise that fits between the throttle cable. It was just a bit too wide but a bit of filing took care of that. Second I had to trim away a bit of plasic on the inside of the hinge on the Vista Cruise. Second I had to pull back the rubber grip about 1/16th inch to get enough clearance for the VC. That made the outboard end of the grip rub on the handlebar weight just enough to bind the throttle a bit. So I removed the handlebar weight and slipped a washer between it and the bar end. That did the job once I adjusted the Vista Cruise tension per the instructions. I've used throttle locks on some of my older bikes and always liked them so I expect this will be handy on the scooter. Tomorrow I'll put a 12V socket in the trunk so I can charge my cell phone and power the GPS when I use it. There are some other things I plan on in the future, one will be an electronic cruise control, install a Bestem top box and a larger windshield.
Back to top Go down
mhhrushe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: throttle sticks   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:00 am

I bought a 2006 swing in November and plan on putting on the rode in March, I have a reflex and look forward to riding the big brother. I've started it several times but only recently on the center stand.. The throttle doesn't roll back & it actually revved higher - with no hands. Do you have to pull the throttle back on these or does it act differently on the ground ? Need some insight,thanks.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:23 am

Hi mhhrushe,

Sounds to me like you either you have a broken return spring or the return spring came lose. It might be a good idea, at this point, to lube the two cables if they need it.

There are alot of good M/C cable lubes on the market.

I just looked through the original Honda Service manual and on line to find the repair part...nothing!, what a pain... you might want to consider taking it to a Honda repair center. Throttle Locks for Swings Icon_pale

Just a thought....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:58 am

Why don't you try it off the stand first . It might just seem to be reving up because there is no resistance . Also if the engine is not warmed up it will idle higher . If you turn the throttle by hand does it slow down ? I think they have a coiled spring on the throttle body but I am not sure .
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:01 pm

OK...one more thing to check. The thottle cable adjusting nut, Yes the ajusting nut. It might have back up and caused to much play in the cable.

Throttle Locks for Swings Ajuste10

There you go...that's my best guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:24 pm

You can just see part of the spring ,behind the cam and cable . I hope that's
not broken .
Back to top Go down
ultralight
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ultralight

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:30 pm

I use a Throttlemeister heavy weighted on my '08 Swing. It is nice for long flat stretches or a quick wrist relief. I do not run long distances with it on though, as I like to keep control. It is a mechanical throttle lock(roll-on & roll off).

http://www.throttlemeister.com/
Back to top Go down
mj80s
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:10 am

hello,
Anyone have any thoughts on the Kaoko throttle locker? Seems easy enough to install with out all the shims and washers the throttle meister seems to have.. Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:26 am

I'm looking for some thing also.First Ive seen these.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YI_GACkYPZA
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 7:55 am

Expensive solution, that a $20 NEP from Aerotstich catalog does better....installed properly
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:44 am

Mudnman wrote:
<>http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YI_GACkYPZA

Holy crap $135!? Mr Grinsel is right.

I've got a NOS NEP throttle lock I'll sell you for $20 + postage

Tim

Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:00 am

I have had great luck with this type Vista Cruise. With my large hands it is less intrusive than the NEP and does not use any grip space like some.
CRUISE LOCK
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:05 am

https://2img.net/h/s2.postimg.cc/ciertbyy1/image.jpg
Its a gasket from a caterpillar  tractor.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8M4991-CAT-O-Ring-Motorcycle-Throttle-Lock-Lot-of-10-/200361377798

If you try this do not show someone how it works while off and forget throttle open.It will take off on you when started.

Last edited by Mudnman on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Throttle locks   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:07 am

I have used a Kaoko on several machines including the Swing (I managed to make the same one fit three bikes).   It is tricky to operate IMHO and wasn't particularly cheap.  It worked best as a friction device and I am sure that there easier, cheaper devices out there.
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 12:02 pm

$30 Go Cruise
http://tinyurl.com/kjp53wk
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:32 pm

I both NEP and Go Cruise-----NEP easier to work and quicker shut down.
Back to top Go down
scoop
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:48 pm

I use the Kaoko....friction lock...only use it on occasion to rest and relax my arm and stretch some when riding...throttle can be closed when fully locked which I like....pricey but I enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:54 pm

Since I'm so rich I pay someone to ride along side of me and hold my throttle where I want it. Before I was so rich I just used a $10 vista cruise.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Vista cruise, +1 Smile
Back to top Go down
LN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Me 2 cents

All those throttle locks are cute until you find yourself in to a situation where you have to squeeze for dear life the brakes. I am not talking about that scene where you move in slow motion - inside your head - and avoiding a head on.

I am talking about that time where a car comes from nowhere while you are in cruise control. Unless your "cruise control" automatically disengage when you press the brakes ... you are kind of screwed ... like I was in the last crash.

My crash was due to a combination of wheels locked/going for a sleigh ride in the direction I was last pointing towards / while fighting the cruise control which was on. There wasn't time to flick it. I was on my way to meet my maker and I was not about to let go to the brakes.

So that's why I have now ABS.

And yes I do have one of those stupid throttle locks but locked very lightly. Hoping I am not repeating the scenario.

Be safe

L
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:32 am

Any throttle lock should be adjusted so it just barely holds the throttle. The Vista Cruise unit is easy to override. I've had to roll off the throttle a couple of times on my bikes that had the Vista Cruise, it really doesn't slow down the application of the front brake(s). Even if you don't have a throttle holder you have to close the throttle or at least release your grip on it before hitting the brakes.
One down side of throttle holders is that with a CVT there's no real lock up between the engine speed and rear wheel speed as there is in a discrete gear such as a normal bike transmission. So unless the engine speed is high enough to force the variator sliders fully outward the bike can still vary speed even if the engine doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:34 am

This is the throttle lock I use on my Wing: http://tinyurl.com/psd43g9

I've had this type of throttle lock on three of my other bikes and they work good. You can adjust it to the throttle holding tension you like and with a flip of your thumb you can release it totally. I had to widen the space between the tabs that go over one of the throttle cables so it would fit correctly but other than that it went on smoothly. Looking at the picture at the 5 o'clock position on the black part you'll see two little tabs. I had to make the space a bit wider to fit over the nut on the throttle cable. But it is a simple and cheap enough solution.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:00 pm

LN wrote:
Unless your "cruise control" automatically disengage when you press the brakes ... you are kind of screwed ...

That's why the only throttle lock I will use is the BrakeAway, which will disengage the instant the front brake lever is touched. They are pricey, but I can't put a price tag on my safety.

http://www.brakeawayproducts.com
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Thanks for the info bigbird, I had not heard of this brand (breakaway) before now. I like the idea of having a brake release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Locks for Swings   Throttle Locks for Swings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Throttle Locks for Swings
Page 1 of 1