Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Yesterday at 3:43 pm

» noise under load
Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steveonfarm
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
steveonfarm

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine Empty
PostSubject: Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine   Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:09 am

Hi Guys!

Here are some pictures that my Honda mechanic sent me of my dismantled SW .................. scary!!

Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine Dscf0214

Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine Dscf0215

Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine Dscf0216

No wonder they wanted €1,700 for the job which did also include new brake pads, tires, fluids, and another year's MOT.

However, the strange idling revs since this major surgery continue ..........................

SteVe
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine   Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:11 am

Looking at the specs from the 400cc and 600cc Swing leads me to believe that a 600 engine swap is possible. they look identical but for 10 lbs weight difference. A engine swap might have cheaper.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine   Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 am

Woaaa wait a second. I thought the silverwing was bulletproof. Maybe we shouldnt be so hard on the burgman 650!!
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine   Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:09 am

The Silverwing is bullet proof , This one was damage over a few days in a parking lot .The bottom casing corner was broken off and lost its oil . he had a new casing installed. It was an expensive fix. About $ 2500.00 +
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine   Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:21 am

With proper maintenance the Honda engine is bullet proof, damage is another story, wonder what a re-manufactured engine would cost?
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine   Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 12:28 pm

No one nose , There are reported case of one Had 296k miles and would have continued running when a truck cut him off and totalled it .Others had over 160k miles and still running.Apart from valve shims replacement between 8o to120k miles and the odd electrical parts, belt rollers ect. they can run forever. A replacement used motor has sold on Ebay for $350. to $700. dollars.Most Swing riders would have sold there Swing long before there Swing ever came close to that amount of millage. I would not be afraid to buy a Swing with 30k miles on the clock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine   Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piccies Of My Dismantled Engine
Page 1 of 1