Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.

Go down 
+4
Opalsboy
The Scootist
Cornishman
DennisB
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. Empty
PostSubject: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:54 am

Hi All,

Well gas prices are going up again. What's new. Suspect

The price of regular gas, per U.S. gallon, is $2.39 in my part of the world and is going up.

What's the price of gas in you neck of the woods Question

I'm sure glad I have a Honda Silverwing scooter to get me around. sunny

DennisB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:03 am

The same price here in delaware. We certaintly dont want the oil companies to go broke... Laughing
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:29 am

I sure do miss the good old days of corner gas station GAS WARS and when a filling station attendent filled it up... they would do it for you and clean the front window, checked the motor oil level, and checked the air in the tires. Some gas stations even gave out gifts if you filled it up, nothing big, things like a steak knife or a drinking glass. Tried to get a full set. sunny

Things sure have changed over the years. scratch
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:07 am

He in the UK, regular unleaded is approximately £1.00 per litre £4.54 per Imp gallon $9.08 US

So in US gallons about £3.78 or $6.21 US
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:21 am

Here in Northwest Ohio regular this morning was $2.65 a gallon.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:29 am

DennisB:
I also remember the "gas wars" of old. I remember gas priced at $0.17/gallon when I was a kid. Nothing like that around anymore, so I guess all that proves is that we are old too. Yesterday I noticed a Conoco station with regular gas priced at $2.45/gallon. I didn't buy there. I usually try to time my fill ups so that I buy my gas from King Soopers and I get to use my discount card for $0.10/gallon off the regular price. Every little bit helps.

Y'all be safe and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Here in Rison Arkansas it just went to $2.49. Just when I was starting to feel a little compassion for Exxon/Mobil. Poor babies couldn't live on gazillion trillion for the last quarter. Yep on being thankful for Silverwing and it big old 4.2 gallon tank.
Gary
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:49 pm

Folks,

Realize that gasoline is a commodity and it's price will go up and down. As for obscene profits - there is no one single individual named "Exxon/Mobil". The income of a corporation is used to pay salaries, conduct business (pay taxes), invest in capital (buildings, trucks, refineries, etc), and repay investors. My 401k has some petrochemical holdings so I guess I'm part of the Exxon/Mobil cabal (don't hate me, I profit when they profit). I'm not scolding - hey I don't like the pinch on my wallet, but it is really a lot more complex than we typically seem to think it is...

I'm glad I have my SilverWing and my bicycle.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:58 pm

Dale:
I don't mind them making a profit - at all. That is why I am in business too. But that particular company, after paying all their salaries (however obscenely high), and all other direct and indirect operating expenses, posted a net profit that is more than the total operating budget of most countries in the world. Commodity or not, in my opinion, that seems a bit excessive - sort of like bending everyone over a barrel and having their way. But as mentioned, if "we the people" can collectively start to reduce the demand for the commodity, then we can reduce their profits...
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:11 pm

I have seen those numbers and realize they're high. If every stock holder cashed in the profit goes bye bye as a transfer to the stockholders. so in reality each small and large stock holder is the greedy individual.

I know they make a lot, they risk a lot too. I'm really not an apologist for big oil. I dislike multinational congloerates. If we as a culture would lean just a bit toward a little less consumerism we'd have an impact. You are right if we reduce the demand the price goes down.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:58 pm

Just filled my car up today and it was 2.89 a gallon for the cheap stuff. But I found that prices are very high out here in the Bay Area. Not sure what they are in Illinois anymore since I haven't been back in awhile. I sure do miss the slower pace and prices.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
scooterbob
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
scooterbob

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 pm

Jeff,

Prices I paid in the Chicagoland area.

4-18-2009 $2.08 per Gallon for the cheap stuff.
5-04-2009 $2.46 per Gallon for the cheap stuff.
6-02-2009 $2.96 per Gallon for the cheap stuff.

Looks like your not missing much.

Have a great day
bob
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Gas Profits/Prices   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:07 pm

I was an Exxon retailer for eleven years. My retail price for regular started at 35 cents/gal. I made $.05/gal. I was selling regular for $.89/gal when I left the business. I made $.06/gal. Not involved today, but I suspect the retailer is selling his reg for $2.49/gal and making $.06/gal.... may be a little more now. But I would be surprised it he is making any more percentage of the retail sales for profit. Somebody is making a big profit. May be the 401 funds. (I have one of those, it is worth half what it was two years ago.) I love America and am proud to be here. But greed just seems to be every where today. I am too old to worry about it anymore. But sure think about the future for my grandkids. I will buy them all a Silverwing as a going away present.
Gary small moped
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:24 pm

Hey Gary,

If you want to you can adopt me. cheers I'll be one of your grandkids. By the time you check out from this life my Swing will be getting darn old.

O'well..... just keep it in mined. sunny
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm

Don't wanna beat this old dead horse too badly but I think someone mentioned greed. That's the key word as far as I'm concerned.

Tried to get an estimate on a new front porch the other day; pretty simple operation; turned out to be between 10.5K and 11.5K from a construction company; however, two guys from an adjoining small town could maybe do it for less but not till October. They work at the rate of $35.00 per hour(each). The labor was going to run about $7000 for the job.

Long story short, everyone wants premium pay for even average work. Same with motorcycle maintenance. I don't care who charges the fees, they're still too much. It's the same old story from the top down.

Sorry for the rant...
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Whos your daddy?   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:42 am

Dennis... you are the sorry rat that brought this subject up and now you have everyones blood pressure up. I will have to think about your adoption. You are going to be eligible for one of those free "scooters" from the Scooter Store pretty soon. They come with "free" arm rests, you capitalist pig you. I bet they have a Corbin seat though. Oh man, now my butt is aching.
Gary
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:55 am

If petrol/gas was that cheap here we'd be paying £1.45($2.37) per Imp gallon instead of £4.54 ($7.443) my scoot wouldn't be sitting in the garage as much.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:40 am

Hi Gary,

Sorry Rat, Capitlalist Pig.......Does this mean you dont want to adopt me? O'well. Only kidding with ya Gary.

Hold on to your hats, they say gas prices are going to get higher this summer than last. Bummer! But fear not, for with the SilverWing gas sipping characteristics we will all get through another high gas price event and do it with stile and even have some fun.

DennisB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm glad my bike gets 50+ mpg. I'm even MORE glad that my Honda Civic gets 35 mpg and runs on natural gas, which is only 97 cents per gallon in Utah. I win either way, rain or shine.

Or I can dust off the V8 Toyota Tundra and haul heavy stuff if I like. Being able to leave the truck in the driveway is a very good thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:39 pm

DennisB wrote:
Hi Gary,

Sorry Rat, Capitlalist Pig.......Does this mean you dont want to adopt me? O'well. Only kidding with ya Gary.

Hold on to your hats, they say gas prices are going to get higher this summer than last. Bummer! But fear not, for with the SilverWing gas sipping characteristics we will all get through another high gas price event and do it with stile and even have some fun.

DennisB

Gas prices won't get anywhere near as expensive this summer. They'll top out under $3 in the U.S. Last year's ridiculous crude oil bubble won't repeat its performance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:41 pm

DickO wrote:
Don't wanna beat this old dead horse too badly but I think someone mentioned greed. That's the key word as far as I'm concerned.

Tried to get an estimate on a new front porch the other day; pretty simple operation; turned out to be between 10.5K and 11.5K from a construction company; however, two guys from an adjoining small town could maybe do it for less but not till October. They work at the rate of $35.00 per hour(each). The labor was going to run about $7000 for the job.

Long story short, everyone wants premium pay for even average work. Same with motorcycle maintenance. I don't care who charges the fees, they're still too much. It's the same old story from the top down.

Sorry for the rant...

Have you ever given some of your money back to the boss because you felt you were overpaid?

Me 'neither.

You charge what the market will bear. Everybody does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.   Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yea....Gas prices are going UP again, and again, and again.
Page 1 of 1