Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing for sale - UK
New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 9:15 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 8:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Today at 1:47 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Today at 1:27 am

» LF extended back rest
New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Today at 12:54 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 4:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 1:15 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Swing Owner from Long Island NY

Go down 
+3
mr fish
honda_silver
SPEDDY069
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SPEDDY069
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-06-02

New Swing Owner from Long Island NY Empty
PostSubject: New Swing Owner from Long Island NY   New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi Everybody.
After 2 months of test riding, review reading, and yes reading the forums for both the Burgman 650 and the Honda SW that I finally made up my mind to buy the Wing. Its a new 2008 model. I have been reading a lot of the threads in this forum and just decided that the Wing is it for me. I only been riding for the past 2 years to and from work on a 150cc scooter and found it to be just great. I have ridden dirt bikes and MC in my youth and I guess the gas problem has triggered the itch again. I am hearing impaired but never let that stop me from doing things I like. I hope to meet some of you during rally's or get togethers as my 7 year old daughter loves to ride with me. We have drove the chinese 150 all over the Island and I am not saying this lightly as its not the safest to ride a bike with all the people who seem to be in a hurry to get nowhere but it does have some beautiful back roads and beaches to tour. Sorry this is long but just telling it like it is..
Happy riding and hope to meet some of you soon Smile
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Swing Owner from Long Island NY   New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:33 pm

SPEDDY069 wrote:
After 2 months of test riding, review reading, and yes reading the forums for both the Burgman 650 and the Honda SW that I finally made up my mind to buy the Wing. Its a new 2008 model.

Welcome to the SWing world and forum.

Where do you live on Long Island (drag out the g's and the i's --- Longgg Iiiisland) Razz ?
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: New Swing Owner from Long Island NY   New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Hello from the u.k
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New Swing Owner from Long Island NY   New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:23 pm

Speddy069,

Welcome. What was the one thing (or more) in your comparison of the Burgman and the SilverWing that tipped you toward the SilverWing?

Glad the forum was of assistance.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: New Swing Owner from Long Island NY   New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:41 am

Speddy,

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it. I would also like to know the
reason(s) for choosing the SWing. I just know that after a bit over 2 years and almost 23,000 miles I still like this bike so much. Put some pics in the Album if you get the chance. You can create your own file to place pics, of your bike and the rides you go on. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: New Swing Owner from Long Island NY   New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:56 am

I'll add my welcome to you as well from Ohio. I'm new too having owned my Swing less than a week. They are great bikes and so much different, and better, than a regular motorcycle.
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New Swing Owner from Long Island NY   New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:24 am

Hi from another rider from the other side of the pond.
Back to top Go down
SPEDDY069
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Swing Owner from Long Island NY   New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi Everybody and thanks for the warm welcomes. I reside in Coram, Ny. The reasons for taking the SW over the Burg are:

1. While going to various Suzuki dealers and getting prices and what not the dealers did not want to be bothered. They would only sell the bike at MSRP. I mean come on they are all sitting around doing nothing and would not even bother to hassle over the price. The Honda dealers all lowered the offers from the MSRP and took their time to show and explain the Wing.

2. Honda Quality

3. Price While the Burg is a beautiful bike I thought the price was just to high.

4. For some reason when I test drove the bikes the Wing was just more exciting to ride that I cannot explain it. Also there was too much going on with the Burg and all of the buttons. At one Suzuki dealership the bike would not even start.

5. Last but not least my daughter who is 8 liked the Wing better. She said she was more comfortable on the seat compared to the Burg.

Hope this works for you guys and gals..
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: New Swing Owner from Long Island NY   New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:40 pm

Way to go Speddy!

I had a similar experience with the Suzuki Dealership. It almost seemed like they were too busy to even take time to explain the Burgman to me and they absolutely wouldn't negotiate on price, while the Honda dealership almost begged me to make them an offer.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Swing Owner from Long Island NY   New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:44 pm

SPEDDY069 wrote:
Hi Everybody and thanks for the warm welcomes. I reside in Coram, Ny.

Have you driven around Rocky Point??
My grandparents had a summer house at Rocky Point.

SPEDDY069 wrote:
5. Last but not least my daughter
who is 8 liked the Wing better. She said she was more comfortable on
the seat compared to the Burg..

A very intelligent 8 year old daughter. Smile
Back to top Go down
SPEDDY069
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Swing Owner from Long Island NY   New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:07 pm

To Honda Silver

Yes I have been to Rocky Point as it is only 9 miles from where I live. I have cruised all over the back roads along 25A all the way out to Orient Point. Its really great riding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Swing Owner from Long Island NY   New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:49 pm

Welcome, Speddy, from west central Jersey. You definitely did your homework! You couldn't go wrong with either the 650 or the S'wing--what decided you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Swing Owner from Long Island NY   New Swing Owner from Long Island NY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Swing Owner from Long Island NY
Page 1 of 1