Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

HiViz vest required in France

Go down 
+3
bikerboy
"Hi Yo"
rodenbach
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2012-08-30

HiViz vest required in France Empty
PostSubject: HiViz vest required in France   HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:14 am

For all UK-folks that want to take their Silverwing to the Continent: From next year (1st of januari 2013) all motorbike riders have to wear a reflective vest or jacket in France. This new rule is for ALL riding +125cc or +15kW motorbikes, not just for French riders.

Quote :
Au plus tard le 1er janvier 2013, tous conducteurs ou passagers d’une motocyclette d’une
cylindrée supérieure à 125 cm3 ou d’un véhicule de la catégorie L5e d’une puissance supérieure à 15 kW
doivent porter un vêtement muni d’un équipement rétroréfléchissant, correspondant soit aux normes françaises
ou à d’autres normes garantissant un niveau de sécurité équivalent.
Cet équipement, en une seule ou plusieurs parties, doit être d’une surface totale au moins égale à 150 cm2.
Si cet équipement n’est pas dès l’origine intégré au vêtement, il lui est superposé par tout moyen.
L’équipement doit être porté sur le haut du corps, à l’exception du casque, à partir de la ceinture à la ligne
des épaules, de manière à être visible des autres usagers de la route.
source: http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jopdf/common/jo_pdf.jsp?numJO=0&dateJO=20120104&numTexte=5&pageDebut=00119&pageFin=00119

In short: you need a minimum of 150cm² ( = 10 x 15 cm or 4 x 6 inch) of REFLECTIVE material, between the shoulders and the belt line. The helmet is excluded in this calculation.

Fines are said to be (at least?) €65, so it's cheaper to buy a reflective vest or belt...
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
HiViz vest required in France 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: HiViz vest required in France   HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:49 am

At last, the French have cured the SMIDSY problem. Smile
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: HiViz vest required in France   HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:45 am

Also reflective spots on your helmet, a warning triangle and a self- breathalyser (actually you need two as you always have to have one available and they are single use), possibly also a spare bulb kit and heavens knows what else. In Spain you must carry spare specs if you use them and I think the Germans require the carrying of a first aid kit. Not much room for your personal needs is there !!!??
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: HiViz vest required in France   HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:11 pm

The new French hi-viz vest and breathalyser laws have already been the subject of much discussion on scooter forums earlier this year, so it's not news to us in the UK.

As for the compulsory first aid kits, the ones sold for bikers by Hein Gericke, Polo, and Louis in Germany are only about the size of a compact men's wallet so they hardly take up any room at all. It's important that you know how to use the kit you're carrying too. Neutral
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: HiViz vest required in France   HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 4:00 pm

Warning triangle not compulsory for motorcycles. But that is not to say that they aren't a good idea. I carry one of these, also doubles up as a tent torch when camping
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-x-RED-WHITE-39-LED-FLASHING-CAR-WARNING-TRIANGLE-CAMPING-TORCH-TENT-LIGHT-/230807607720?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item35bd3499a8

Spare set of bulbs, glad it is compulsory. My headlight bulb blew on the autoroute so having a spare was ideal. Now there is a spare set always under the seat.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: HiViz vest required in France   HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 4:05 pm

I always carry the spare bulbs but it's the changing them at the roadside that's the real problem !!!
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: HiViz vest required in France   HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 4:32 pm

In France, not only do you have to carry them but also have the tools to replace the bulb. Luckily on a Silverwing the only tool needed is a Phillips screwdriver. Now I have auxillary lights so not such a big problem if the one headlight bulb goes out.
I have to say when I realised the dipped beam had blown and I switched to main beam my mate did say it was ****ing bright when I was riding behind him (in broad daylight BTW, not in the dark).

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: HiViz vest required in France   HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 4:52 pm

I don't mind that governments are focusing on road safety, but find it more than confusing that traffic laws and signs are different all over Europe. As some of you have mentioned here, in certain countries spare glasses, first aid kit, breathalizer, etc are mandatory. On a Silverwing not too big a problem, but riders of sportier bikes simply don't have enough storage on their machines!

Other laws are just silly, or lack any common sense. E.g.. in Belgium a motorbiker has to wear 'protective' clothing, gloves and boots or 'ankle high' footwear. The description in the law of this 'protective gear' is 'a long-sleeved coat, long-legged trousers or overalls'.

So one can ride perfectly legal wearing nothing but a helmet, dishwashing gloves, wellies and a plastic rainsuit. Brilliant...

Photo: the brains behind these laws...
HiViz vest required in France 4lswp5
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: HiViz vest required in France   HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:57 pm

Hey! I recognise those chaps!
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: HiViz vest required in France   HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:12 pm

What do expect from a country where they "can't keep the snails off the plates " in a fancy restaurant .

I hope my State Motor Vehicle Administration doesn't hear about this ,

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HiViz vest required in France   HiViz vest required in France I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HiViz vest required in France
Page 1 of 1