Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Grip Puppies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:18 pm

If you haven't gotten the grip puppies, get'em. One of the most satisfying changes I made, for $12 with shipping. I guess I don't know why Honda puts the narrow, hard rubber type of grips on the Swing. This change just made riding alot more confortable for me.

Just noticed DennisB's soft grip post. Either way adding the softer grip and the larger diameter makes for a lot more comfort.
Back to top Go down
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:13 am

I just ordered mine Saturday. $9.20 with free shipping.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fquick.com/som2002

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:30 am

Yeah, I could've gotten that price but I'm too old school and hesitate to enter card information on line. I talked to a person and incurred the $2.50 first class mail charge.
Back to top Go down

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:36 am

Could you post where you got the grip puppies again, please? :Not Worthy:
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:45 am

californiasporttouring.com
Back to top Go down

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:06 am

matthew wrote:
californiasporttouring.com

Thanks, Matthew, you rock! ⭐⭐⭐
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:10 am

and roll! you're welcome. enjoy the pups.

BTW, did you see DennisB's post on do-it-yourself foam grips? FWIW.
Back to top Go down

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:05 am

I did see Dennis's post, and they look great. I don't have the same tools (or talents) that Dennis has, so I don't know that ones I make will look as good. No
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Great product...   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:51 pm

I agree with everyone... this simple little piece of foam has stopped the vibration and cramps while I ride. Dennis has a good idea, but don't be afraid of spending the $9+. You will benefit from this product immediately. Follow Dennis' suggestion and save a few dollars. Emeskay, no [b]special tool [/b]needed... just cut to length (scissors will probably work, how about that Dennis, what did you cut yours with? ) and pull em on.

Gary
Back to top Go down

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:56 am

Opalsboy wrote:
I agree with everyone... this simple little piece of foam has stopped the vibration and cramps while I ride. Dennis has a good idea, but don't be afraid of spending the $9+. You will benefit from this product immediately. Follow Dennis' suggestion and save a few dollars. Emeskay, no special tool needed... just cut to length (scissors will probably work, how about that Dennis, what did you cut yours with? ) and pull em on.

You're right, Gary. I'll stop by the hardware store on the way home and pick up some pipe insulation. It can't hurt to try it. The weather's been so nice the past few days, after weeks of rain, that I've been riding to work. That's over an hour trip, on bumpy roads in the city. I could definitely use the puppies.

Thanks all,

M-
Back to top Go down

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:36 am

Here is the link (I had a hard time trying to find it)
http://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GPSMALL&Category_Code=grips
Back to top Go down

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:15 am

...and one more thing. It appears that Grip Puppies are 5" long, about 1/2" too long to fit over original OEM grips. Do they need to be cut???
Thanks. Miro.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: No cutting required   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:01 am

Miro, I did not have to cut mine. I guess they squished up a little or something. I can't tell they were not just perfect in length. The one on the right hand side actually pushed up to the left side of the grip and kinda acted as a throttle control. I don't mean it locks in or anything, just that there is just a slight bit of resistance to the spring and that helps me idle along at a slight rate with the hand off the throttle. I pulled it back off to completely release that, but I might use that sometime to just scratch my nose or something.

Gary
Back to top Go down

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Gary, thanks, it's good to know. While I can't say I like them catching on the end of the grip you can't put a price tag on an ability to scratch a nose. Seriously, I am just going to go ahead and buy them and see how they work. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:28 pm

Got my grip puppies today. They are definitely too long. The enclosed instruction says that they might need to be cut so that's what I am gonna do. It seems that they could be easily cut with scissors. Anybody else had to cut them?
Back to top Go down
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:52 pm

They got delivered, then I trimmed them down and installed them today. Nice comfort mod. You don't even think about these until you've got them, then you are like," Why did I never get these before???" LOL
Back to top Go down

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 7:45 am

I'll cut them as well (1/2" or 1/3"). som2002, how did you cut them, knife, long scissors, short scissors? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:52 am

Just standard scissors, And then it kinda carefully trimmed the now blunt square end to try to make it look rolled a little, the the other untouched end. Cut about 1/2" off, I just held it up to grip, eyeballed where it needed to be cut, and cut it off.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:17 am

som2002 wrote:
Cut about 1/2" off, I just held it up to grip, eyeballed where it needed to be cut, and cut it off.

I put dental floss around the grip puppies (which were attached) where I wanted to cutoff. I had the dental floss wrapped on both my hands and then slowly and steadily pulled the dental floss in one direction and then the other until there was an indented visible line ... all the way around.

The dental floss created a very visible straight line around the grips that made it very easy to follow with a very sharp knife. I was able to cut a straight line all the way around following the line.

I learned this trick when after I saw someone cut a standard PVC pipe with JUST dental floss.
Back to top Go down

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:37 pm

We just measured it up and then just used standard long scissors. We marked it with a pen. Also, the edge does not to be perfect as it pushes against the "edge" of an original grip and you could really not see any imperfections. Word of advice is that cut a little longer than you need as it does compress a little. It also easy to put on by applying soapy water on both outside of the OEM grip and inside of "puppies". Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:54 pm

som2002 wrote:
I just ordered mine Saturday. $9.20 with free shipping.
This is my first post ( New Guy ) What are these new grips and were do I order some??
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Grip Puppies...   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Hook ... you are on the 2nd page of this thread... go to page 1 and scroll down and read to find the link and discussion.

Welcome... you will like this forum... we are family...

Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grip Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip Puppies   Grip Puppies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grip Puppies
Page 1 of 1