Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from the great NorthWest

Go down 
+9
SonnyO
rodenbach
surlybiker58
hotwings
GHM-PM
model28a
"Hi Yo"
robert
ripcuda
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ripcuda
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-10-27

Hello from the great NorthWest Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:01 am

Hi Gang,
New Silverwinger and first time scooter owner from Spokane WA. I've had a number of previous motorcycles but nothing that didn't require a clutch, shifting and a choke.

I've been toying with the idea of a big scooter for a few years. Thought the twist-n-go and relaxed riding of a scoot would be fun to try. The chance came along and now I got me one!

'05 Silverwing, non-ABS... all stock... with 35k miles on it. Runs great. This is my first fuel injected bike. So nice to not have to worry about a choke.

I have to admit the first time I tried to start it at home by myself (seller had started it when I bought it)... I couldn't get it to start. I knew the kickstand had to be up and the rear brake had to be squeezed... but it wouldn't start. I was about to start digging into fuses and whatnot when I happened to hear a second "click" on the rear brake lever. Turns out I wasn't squeezing the rear brake enough. I squeezed it enough for the first click that turns on the brake light... but you gotta squeeze even more to trigger the second click that allows the bike to start. Glad I figured that one out! haha.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:09 am

Welcome ripcuda,

Glad you could join us on this great SWing Forum, lived in Puyallup, Wa. for 11 yr.s, miss the Great NorthWest. Enjoy your new SWing.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from the great NorthWest 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:20 am

welcome Welcome ripcuda. That double click has gotten a number of new owners of the Silver Wing. I would reccomend that you use the search function (located on the main forum page) for a wealth of information on your scooter. It may cut into your riding time, but it may save you money. There are also maintenance sections with pictorials. Again, welcome and enjoy the ride. welcome
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:46 am

welcome applause dancerwithmusic welcome
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:34 am

Welcome rip! During the summers I am in Ione, WA. I a sure you know where that is!!! Shocked Unfortunately my Wing usually stays in AZ as there is more riding season. But I do have a CT90 up in Ione!!!
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:39 am

Thats the way i found this forum! Same story, brought bike home for the first time, went to restart-nothing! Checked everything, knew the kickstand had to be up, brake lever in-still nothing. Called the previous owner, he was baffled and talked me thru the starting procedure while i sat on the bike-nothing. He said he would have "whatever the problem was" fixed at his expense, and apologised for this situation. So i hung up the phone and went online (here) and discovered the double click thing! Thinking it was just me, when my brother came to check out my new ride i had him try to start it, he had the same experience- nothing, and couldnt figure why till i explained.
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:57 am

Welcome from soggy Maryland !

One time I've accidentally hit the the engine kill switch while moving the
wing out of the garage , and became completely baffled why it would not
start. Then it became a process of deduction.
After that I always double check that and the kick stand being up.
I've always squeezed the brake lever hard so I 've never run into the "double click" situation.
Back to top Go down
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:04 am

Welcome ripcuda,

you'll soon get used to the comfort of the SW: relaxed no-shift riding, loads of storage room, mighty 'never-ending' acceleration... and you'll wonder why you didn't make this choice much earlier. Idea

Greetings from Belgium!

Back to top Go down
SonnyO
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
SonnyO

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:02 am

Welcome!

The Great NW has lots of exceptional riding, enjoy the bike!
Back to top Go down
bob wells
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bob wells

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:57 am

Hello, from Boise!
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Hi from UK!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Another cross pond welcome. welcome
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Papa Ritch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Papa Ritch

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:57 pm

cheers Welcome. I have a 09 SW. I was in Spokane in Sept. camping with the wing @ Riverside Park. I was doing www.damtour.com . You may want to check it out. Ritch
Back to top Go down
ripcuda
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:23 pm

Thanks All for the warm welcome!

I changed the oil, filter and final drive oil today and took the SWing for my first ride. It was a hoot! I was smiling the whole time. I think I'm really going to enjoy this new steed.

Too bad the rainy cold Fall is here in the Inland NW and a predicted cold winter is not far behind. Spring won't come soon enough!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the great NorthWest   Hello from the great NorthWest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from the great NorthWest
Page 1 of 1