Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!

Go down 
+5
The Scootist
Opalsboy
JeffR
DenGraham
DennisB
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Hello Everyone,

Ever since I had to stop production on the arm rests a couple of months ago I’ve been working on this project whenever I got a chance, designing a new look and buying manufacturing equipment I needed. Well the moment has come to reveal the new design and I must say they look and work great. The one down side of all of this is the installer needs to drill 2 small holes. Both holes need to be ¼”(7mm) diameter and are located for drilling by the bracket top mounting hole.

Like the original arm rests, they rotate up and out of the way for easy passenger loading and unloading and will work with GIVI and ALL OTHER spoiler mounted after market top storage units.

So if you are interested in a set, they are $290.00 with free shipping to the lower 48 United States. Please email me and I will send you the ordering information. If you live in another part of this big world, contact me and I will subtract the U.S. shipping cost from your actual international shipping charges to your location.

Some pictures of the new design will follow soon. I need to find a person that can cover the arm rest pads. Then I will take pictures so you all can see them.

Thank you for being patient and ride safe, sunny

DennisB Smile

dennis.berney@gmail.com

Last edited by DennisB on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:53 pm

Dennis,
This is great news. I sent you an email requesting the info. I'm sure glad you are making them again. Thanks.
>> Dennis
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:26 am

Dennis,

That is great news !!! I will wait for the pics since I would like some armrests. My wife and I just went for a nice 50 mile ride and she was commenting that she doesn't just like to lean back and relax, using just the top case to lean against. So I think these will help her relax more. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Arm Rests   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:26 am

Dennis/Jeff... the arm rest has me considering training the wife to drive now. I want to lean back, arms resting. Closing the eyes and just enjoying the joy of riding on a silverwing. Woah... did I just say I want to ride with my wife driving? I must be having a low sugar event...
Gary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:09 pm

Gary, what were you thinking? Oh, I understand, a low sugar event, you were hallucinating! :ROTF:

Take care,
Wes
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Low sugar...   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi Wes, I can't explain it any other way. I really would like to just lean back and relax. No stress... no responsibility ... just the joy of being on a Silverwing. BUT.... with my wife driving... I don't tjhink so. I love her very much, but she helps me drive my truck by stomping on the floor on the passenger side and on many occasions shoouting "GARY"!!!!!!!! Most of the time there is a car in the next county with its break lights on getting ready to park or something. There would be no relaxing on my part. I will just have to put up with doing the driving myself... what a pain! band

Gary
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:16 am

Hi Jeff,

I'm going to post 1 picture of the new arm rest design. Now keep in mined that I still need to find a person to make the arm pads so they are absent from the picture and the arm rests are mounted on the spoiler but off the scooter........So with no further delay.

ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! Off_bi10

DennisB
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Dennis,

It looks good and I'm sure my wife would like them. Keep us informed. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:33 pm

Dennis,
Thanks for the photo. It really looks like a great design. You must be really excited about being able to offer them. I know I am excited about getting a pair. Or, should I say my wife is really, really, excited about getting a pair. Thanks for sharing the photo.
>> Dennis
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:01 pm

Hi Dennis & Jeff,

I'm making 4 sets at this time and things are going well. Got a new TIG welding machine coming in tomorrow. It suppose put out a much nicer weld then the MIG wire feed welder. Just one more thing to learn how to do. scratch I always wanted to learn TIG welding. This type of work keeps me on my feet and I get some great exercise each day. Thou, I need to park my butt when I weld. The down side of working at the house is not riding my swing to work.

DennisB Smile
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:47 am

Dennis:
I really like the way they look. Great job! Keep us posted on availability...
Back to top Go down
LyleD
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Swing Arm Rests   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:06 am

Do you have any more information on the arm rests? I attempted to contact you via email but it bounced back.
LyleD

DennisB wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Ever since I had to stop production on the arm rests a couple of months ago I’ve been working on this project whenever I got a chance, designing a new look and buying manufacturing equipment I needed. Well the moment has come to reveal the new design and I must say they look and work great. The one down side of all of this is the installer needs to drill 2 small holes. Both holes need to be ¼”(7mm) diameter and are located for drilling by the bracket top mounting hole.

Like the original arm rests, they rotate up and out of the way for easy passenger loading and unloading and will work with GIVI and ALL OTHER spoiler mounted after market top storage units.

So if you are interested in a set, they are $290.00 with free shipping to the lower 48 United States. Please email me and I will send you the ordering information. If you live in another part of this big world, contact me and I will subtract the U.S. shipping cost from your actual international shipping charges to your location.

Some pictures of the new design will follow soon. I need to find a person that can cover the arm rest pads. Then I will take pictures so you all can see them.

Thank you for being patient and ride safe, sunny

DennisB Smile

dennisberney@cox.net
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:38 am

Hi Lyle,

Sorry, I thought I had changed all of those old email COX Communications addresses to the new email address.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:55 am

dennis.berney@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:46 am

Thank's Gary.

It looks like I still needed to change one more and also add another. Changing email addresses is a pain the A**!!!
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:41 pm

That is one good thing about having the gmail address. It is not dependent on your ISP.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:22 am

DennisB wrote:
Hi Dennis & Jeff,

I'm making 4 sets at this time and things are going well. Got a new TIG welding machine coming in tomorrow. It suppose put out a much nicer weld then the MIG wire feed welder. Just one more thing to learn how to do. scratch I always wanted to learn TIG welding. This type of work keeps me on my feet and I get some great exercise each day. Thou, I need to park my butt when I weld. The down side of working at the house is not riding my swing to work.

DennisB Smile

Enjoy the TIG mate, they are ace! I found it a bit like Oxy Acet, in fact more than a bit like it; if can use Oxy then it will take you 10 mins to change over to Tig. Setting the machine and grinding the tip are the major issues. It was drummed into me that I had to have a new, uncontaminated grinding wheel to do the tungstens, use anything else and its had it Sad

TBH, the main thing I found with TIG is the necessity to have really accurate, close joints, gaps play merry hell with the weld, something easily overcome with a MIG.

BTW, Dennis B arm rest kits are deffo recommended, esp if you have a nervous pillion - Sally love her's and really enjoys riding on the back now! Smile
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:59 am

Well I recieved my order nearly one and a half weeks ago. I ordered the armrests and fitted them up last weekend in order to join a club ride last Sunday. Man it was just too hot too ride.
I am very happy with the DB products and will happily recommend them to anyone. Maybe Dennis should look at doing other brands and models. He could be a latent millionaire!
The temperature looks like being a bit more reasonable for tomorrow(Sunday) so we are looking forward to joining in with the club run and testing the armrests.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:22 am

Dennis, please send me information on getting those armrest and everything else you make. Hope thing turn around, Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!   ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ARM REST KITS FOR THE SWING ARE BACK!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1