Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

So I decided to start breaking down my bike...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

So I decided to start breaking down my bike... Empty
PostSubject: So I decided to start breaking down my bike...   So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:48 pm

When I decided I wanted to start riding again, I had my bike trucked to the shop for an examination. It had been 3 years since it was ridden and the prognosis was expensive.

So I decided I would get a used Silverwing and transfer over all my goodies.

Well the money for the replacement wing is not yet handy, and I didn't want to incur storage charges or abuse my good relationship with my mechanic, so I authorized him to strip the bike of goodies. Told him he could sell remaining parts or junk the bike.

The problem is its going to be expensive to strip the bike. So many mods!

Some of my mods I won't even be taking with me to the next bike because they were experimental.

Not moving the knight rider light for the alarm or the alarm.
Better alarms are out now.

Not moving the custom kit front Cowl.
Spent alot of money to get that kit in from Japan and have the kit glassed/bondo'd in and painted to match. Very cool look but not as great as I thought, and the glasswork created significant additional weight.

Not moving the solar panels. Solar panels were a great way to keep the battery charged, but other than the one inside my windshield, the wind at 90mph eventually overcame the glue holding them on...even gorilla glue. So not doing that.

Maybe I'll keep the one in the windshield but its not important.
Will probably sell my Zumo 550 and get a 660 or something.
Also may have to update the wireless radio reciever in my helmet. Don't know yet.

Anyway, Moving forward one step at a time.

No I'm not sellng my cruiserboards. Freeway pegs are still available.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to start breaking down my bike...   So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Hmmm?? Selling your Power Commander? Rear Wheel? JCosta?

Tim
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to start breaking down my bike...   So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:22 pm

I suppose I could sell the rear wheel, but I'd have to look at what shape its in. Everything else is an upgrade. Keeping these things for the next wing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to start breaking down my bike...   So I decided to start breaking down my bike... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I decided to start breaking down my bike...
Page 1 of 1