Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
gps installation I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
gps installation I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
gps installation I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
gps installation I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
gps installation I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
gps installation I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
gps installation I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
gps installation I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
gps installation I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
gps installation I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

gps installation

Go down 
+4
Waspie
viclavigne
bigi2000
Eddie Mitchell
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Eddie Mitchell
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-05-14

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 10:16 pm

this installation of the gps is not a huge deal but how do you take the wiring to the battery?? connections along the way. i need some experience; not real handy... connect to the battery and the fuse box?? thanks
Back to top Go down
bigi2000
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-04-01

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:05 am

type 12 volt power install. Gives detailed instructions for installing a power supply on your silverwing. This would power your gps... This is what I plan on doing as soon as i finish figuring out how to install highway pegs on mine...Good luck
Back to top Go down
viclavigne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
viclavigne

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-03-31

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 7:32 am

Try this item from DennisB's shop:
https://www.silverwing600.com/t2858-head-light-connector-pigtail-plug-play

I just got one from him myself, it's sitting in my kitchen waiting for it to be installed.... I just need time to put it in.

Vic
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:01 am

Straight in with a question!!!

Hello and welcome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:40 am

Here is how I mounted my GPS.

gps installation IMG_2501
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:10 am

Larry you take all the fun out of biking!!!!! Shocked

You use GPS - I love getting lost and exploring! Laughing

You use a drinks holder!!!! - No excuse for stopping at a hostelry for refreshments!! Laughing

Mobile phone holder! (OK cell phone - I am a Brit Rolling Eyes ) No body should contact you when out riding - they are bound to spoil the experience!!!!!

Me - I ride the Bike. No distractions just strange places, dying of thirst and no way of getting help!!!!! clown
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:23 am

Waspie,

I can't help it.... my other bike is a Goldwing!!

I don't like distractions either.... but it is nice to see a text come in when it does. I don't text when riding, but I will stop and check it from time to time... just depends on how long I am out screwing off. The phone is there for when I need it. I don't answer it. I just want it handy rather than crunched in my pocket.

I use a good insulated coffee cup and it is very hard to finish the coffee during a regular coffee stop.... and it is nice to have a hot drink in this cold climate. This is Seattle!!

The GPS will get me where I am going, regardless. I love it in strange towns.... not only will it get you there, it will provide good information about towing, fuel stops, restaurants, motels and adult entertainment!

Not only the GPS, but you can't see it that well in the picture, but there is the hump bag.... and on the top of the hump bag is a map pocket which is viewable as you drive. I will post instructions from mapquest in there as well.

I was a boy scout, always prepared.

Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:30 am

larryinseattle wrote:
Waspie,

I can't help it.... my other bike is a Goldwing!!

I don't like distractions either.... but it is nice to see a text come in when it does. I don't text when riding, but I will stop and check it from time to time... just depends on how long I am out screwing off. The phone is there for when I need it. I don't answer it. I just want it handy rather than crunched in my pocket.

I use a good insulated coffee cup and it is very hard to finish the coffee during a regular coffee stop.... and it is nice to have a hot drink in this cold climate. This is Seattle!!

The GPS will get me where I am going, regardless. I love it in strange towns.... not only will it get you there, it will provide good information about towing, fuel stops, restaurants, motels and adult entertainment!

Not only the GPS, but you can't see it that well in the picture, but there is the hump bag.... and on the top of the hump bag is a map pocket which is viewable as you drive. I will post instructions from mapquest in there as well.

I was a boy scout, always prepared.

Laughing Dib Dib Dob!! Never a Scout but was a Scout Leader!!!!

Although I bought a Givi bag to place my 'car' GPS unit in I have never used it. Like most folk of an age. I was built for maps, I understand them and in an emergency can be a good fire starter!!!!!! (Scout thing again Embarassed )

Regards the OP's question. He needs to either fit a 12 volt power supply in the left glove box or route suitable wiring under the panels back to the battery. There is bound to be a previous thread that subtle use of the search function will uncover.
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:24 pm

I picked up the power for my GPS from the live feed to the brake light switch, finding an earth is the tricky bit. The Zumoo works fine and this is the way Honda powered the heated grips when I had an ST1100
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Wouldn't it have been easier to use the 12v power socket in the left hand storage pocket. Wink
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Wouldn't it have been easier to use the 12v power socket in the left hand storage pocket. Wink

Don't think the FSC's have it fitted as standard as ours do.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:47 pm

Meldrew wrote:

My 05 Silverwing does not have a 12v adapter in the left hand pocket as you mentioned. I have a plug in the hole where one could go, but no cigarette lighter plug in.

Did yours come wired up?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:37 pm

The UK has the FJS version of the Silver Wing, not the FSC spec you have in the US. So we get as standard a 12v power socket, and the Honda Ignition Security System HISS, so the engine can only be started using the original encoded keys.
Back to top Go down
progelj
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-06-06

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:29 am

Hi everybody, you have good site. I also have SW FSJ600, 2004. I will montage GPS and mobile phone to SW, but I thing I will montage to Givi Airflow via some rostfrei console - maybe somebody has some hesitation (vibration,..)????

Peter
Back to top Go down
progelj
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:30 am

One more thing
Our website is

http://www.maxiscooter.si/index.php?lang=en
Back to top Go down
progelj
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:34 am

Yes, it is not FSJ but FJS 600
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

gps installation Empty
PostSubject: Re: gps installation   gps installation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gps installation
Page 1 of 1