Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Rear shock longevity
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up

Go down 
+5
Kenjj50
Jim Cater
Cosmic_Jumper
edwardwr
DennisB
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up Empty
PostSubject: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi All,

Rear Light Hook-up cable adapter for installation of extra accessory lights, brake lights, turn signals lights, and trailer lights.

The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up Tap11

Under the rear left cover, toward the tail section, there is a 6 pin disconnect connector for all your scooters rear lights. This new product is installed between the two tail light connector halves and supplies lead wire connections to connect your new lights and light ground wire.

This will be a custom item, built to your needs. NO MESSING AROUND with trying to find the wright wire, it's already done for you.

Just plug it in and your ready to install your lights.

Basic setup: Ground wire (White) and accessory wire (black). $24.00 USD (add $2.00 USD for each additional wire added). For Brake light (Blue) and left (Yellow) and right (Green) turn signal wire leads.

Shipping is USPS First Class Mail with tracking number, $3.50 to lower 48 states.

Contact me through this forum.

Last edited by DennisB on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:44 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Installation pictures   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 2:13 pm

1. Remove left rear cover

2. Locate rear lights connector.
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up Ltap110

3. Separate the two halves of the connetor.
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up Ltap210

4. Plug-in the new wiring light adaptor cable.
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up Ltap310

5. Your ready to install your new lights. (Most LED accessory lights, on the market today, draw very little current and require no additional fuses).
The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up Ltap410

6. Test all your scooter lights before you reassemble your scooter.
Back to top Go down
edwardwr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Want one   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Dennis,
Wish ya had this a few months back when I put the Tow_pac kit on the wife's SW <grin>. PM me with order info, winters comming and I'll redo it..

Ed
hazmatter@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi Ed,

Sorry about the timing.

I was thinking of a good way to do a lead wire hook up for lights for a trailer that didn't damage my stock Honda Silverwing wiring hardness when the adapter cable idea came to me.

I just got the correct Honda connector and wire terminal crimers in.

Now I'm thinking of adding a LED brake light by Custom Dynamics under my spoiler. That would get alot of attention from the drivers behind me when I brake. The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Dennis

How long are the pigtail wires on your Perfect Connector adaptor?

Tim
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:35 am

Hi Tim,

Normally 6" but I can make them as long as needed.

Most LED lights come with some long leads.

If you need longer leads for your project, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Jim Cater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Jim Cater

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:32 am

Wow!! Just saved me some cash NOT having light kits installed!! I LOVE DIY!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwrra.org
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2015-09-28

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 2:58 pm

Dennis,

Can I get one of your Perfect Connectors wiring harness? If so, let me know how much and the best method of payment. Thanks.

Kenjj50
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 3:16 pm

Kenjj50 wrote:
Dennis,

Can I get one of your Perfect Connectors wiring harness?  If so, let me know how much and the best method of payment.  Thanks.

Kenjj50

Sorry, Dennis B is no longer in business or on the forum and hasn't been for years, I believe.  I posted the same type of email when I joined a few months ago, only to be given the same bad news.  (Notice the date of the post next above yours)

I've put emails out to the group looking for leftovers/extras but have had no success so far (though one or two members have promised to search their respective garages!).
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2015-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:07 pm

Kenjj50,

What are you trying to connect into for? I was thinking of trying to make one of these myself if I can find the connector type if it is readily available as I work in automotive.

Mark
Back to top Go down
http://www.MarkNovackPhotography.com
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 10:47 pm

bicyclenut wrote:
Kenjj50,

What are you trying to connect into for? I was thinking of trying to make one of these myself if I can find the connector type if it is readily available as I work in automotive.

Mark

Here ya go Mark, I believe they are still available from Electrical Connection.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t8625-honda-hitachi-electrical-connectors?highlight=hitachi
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 10:11 am

Ron/trouble100,

Thanks. I finally ordered several of these to see about adding an additional light and hard wiring my top box lights.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 10:36 am

I've got two of these tail light wire harness connectors available if anyone is interested. I needed to make up one for myself and also made a couple extra for other forum members. Unlike the original Perfect Connector, the connectors I've made do follow Honda's original wire color codes and also use OEM-size 20 gauge wire and matching OEM Hitachi plugs.

PM me if interested.

Tim
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 1:34 pm

Received my Perfect Connector clone from Tim today. Very well made wire harness, will make adding Admore lights a piece of cake. Instructions included as well. Guess we should call this the Cosmic_Jumper Perfect Connector now. Thanks Tim!
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 6:15 pm

Added Admore Lightbar last night using the custom made Perfect Connector from Cosmic_Jumper (Tim), worked perfect, made the installation so much easier.
Back to top Go down
J.R.
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
J.R.

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 12:01 pm

I received the second connector from Tim. The connector and instructions made my project a breeze.
Thanks Tim, J.R.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up   The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Perfect Connector for LED Lights Hook-up
Page 1 of 1