Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New member from Tampa Bay, FL

Go down 
+2
bigbird
flrnemt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
flrnemt
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-04-10

New member from Tampa Bay, FL Empty
PostSubject: New member from Tampa Bay, FL   New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:39 pm

Hi folks, Jim here. Picked up my Silverwing on Friday 4/6/12. Love it. Sold my 2005 Yamaha Majesty to pick this up. Can't believe the difference in power. So far installed my GPS in base of handlebars, iPhone4 in the right glove box, those expensive Japanese sounding handlebar grips (starts with a K). and a 5.2L rear trunk with added LED's in the reflector. Has 8900 low miles, and some road rash. Have on order a Small Clearview windshield with vent (currently has Givi XL windshield, which is over my head with no wind/breeze Crying or Very sad ), an eBay backrest, K&N air filter, and NGK irridiums. Am thinking about Dr Pulleys (no enhancement noticed in my Majesty), and any other tranny/belt upgrades to add performance. If there's anybody in my area, I only work 3 days a week as an RN, and love to go on loooooooooonnnnnngggg all day rides. I am a member of St. Petersburg Scootertrash, and love to hang with these scooter enthusiasts when I can. Pics to follow. Smile
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: New member from Tampa Bay, FL   New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:12 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New member from Tampa Bay, FL 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New member from Tampa Bay, FL   New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:45 am

Welcome Jim. Enjoy the ride and look up the maintenence tips and pictorials. There's a bunch of good information, motorcycle
Back to top Go down
flrnemt
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: New member from Tampa Bay, FL   New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:09 am

Yes, I know Roger. Long time rider, with lots of safe riding tips and motorcycle/scooter knowledge. He is one of the reasons I've been steered toward the Silverwing phenomenom. And yes, 19 is very crazy and dangerous.

Bigbird, are you a "Snowbird"??
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: New member from Tampa Bay, FL   New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:58 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: New member from Tampa Bay, FL   New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Jim,

Welcome to the site. I had a Majesty and a Reflex before the Swing, and there is a huge difference in power between the Maj and Swing. If you want more performance with the Dr Pulley sliders you probably want the 24 or 26 gr sliders. I had the 22 gr sliders and their is a huge improvement in acceleration but the rpm's were higher than I wanted. You can do most of the work yourself and save a lot of money and get it done much quicker than the shops can do it.
Back to top Go down
EasyRider SilverWinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: New member from Tampa Bay, FL   New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi all,
I'm new to the site and although I use email daily I'm not up on the nuances of this site so this is just a test run to see if this message goes thru.
EasyRider SilverWinger
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New member from Tampa Bay, FL   New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi to both of you.

EasyRider SilverWinger, it may be an option to click on 'New Topic' in the 'Introductions' section, that way we will be able to welcome you personally and comment on you alone and not confuse folk like me when both newbies answer!!!!!

(Its my age - I hit 60 and brain automatically started to forget things!!!!)

Apart from riding - somehow that just happens!! Laughing .
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
EasyRider SilverWinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: New member from Tampa Bay, FL   New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Okay,
so been watching this site for awhile....got a new 2009 Swing in July 2011...before that rode in late 60's and 70's...first bike new out of box honda 50 sport:) great fun....then honda175....more oomph...hey I was lighter then:( traded my then older 50 for a well use Triumph 650...stripped it down with a buddy who I thought knew more than me...in a hurry to start it...wouldn't kick over....I got on ...he pushed me...I popped clutch...clutch and cable parted....oh didn't bother with the muffler either....it started.....oops...didn't hook up brakes....my bad...went thru cross hatched rustic fence......lucky it was rotted......I was fine...must check cables next time.....too much working on bike not enough riding....sold it and went to Unie......rode an old 45 harley with suicide clutch....that was wild....rode lots of other small to med bikes...250 Suzuki and a 450 honda for a few months......also owned an old Hodaka 90 ...even more fun...enough down memory lane....my Swing has ABS, heated Oxford grips, mirror extenders, suedo leather saddle bags that I add backwards since they match the bike better that way, ordered utopia backrest, airhawk and am trying to figure what lights to add and hope Dennis still makes those bars:)
Did my first of season ride yesterday...saw 2 icebergs:)
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New member from Tampa Bay, FL 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New member from Tampa Bay, FL   New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Welcome to the forum. Let's see. The heading says new member from Tampa Bay and the poster says he saw two icebergs. What happened to global warming? I guess I better start watching for polar bears. Let the first person who hasn't misposted cast the first stone. It does speak to reading an entire topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from Tampa Bay, FL   New member from Tampa Bay, FL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member from Tampa Bay, FL
Page 1 of 1