Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 10:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 10:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 10:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 10:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 10:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 9:15 am

» LF extended back rest
UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Today at 12:54 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 4:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 1:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

UK ride posting

Go down 
+5
"Hi Yo"
Waspie
RArch
MikeO
Duke1
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-12-25

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:07 am

I have been going for rides out on the last Sunday of the month for the past 4 months whatever the weather and would like to extend an invitation to other like minded people.

This month the ride will be to Hastings via Rye and Rye harbour, it will be a full day leaving London at approx 08:15hrs.

Should be fun, oh and pillions are welcome to.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:07 pm

May I copy this to the X9 Forum?
There are a number of ex-X9ers (on Burgers and Silverwings now) who ride for the Ride.

Some of them meet nearly every Saturday for breakfast at the Ace Café.

From where to you start?
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 am

Yes please do copy. The start point will be outside the

Hammersmith & Fulham Council Dept
25 Baglers Lane,
Fulham
London
SW6 2QA

( I will be leaving from Olympia at 08:00hrs to join the group if thats any help)

On Sunday the 25th March at 08:15hrs all are welcome, the destination is Hastings via Rye Harbour. There will be small machines with some L platers and larger machines as well including bikes so it may be the case we will need to split into two groupes. Pillions are welcome too. We should arrive back at around 18:00hrs.

There are plenty of places to stop on the way, with lunch on the sea front. There is parking near the center of town on the sea front with a cost of £1.10. all day.

Please dont feel that you have to come for the whole day, part of or as much as you want to do is great. Nothing is set in stone at the moment as I want to see the sort of response I get.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:51 am

Done, thank you.
I'll pass on other information.
I can't speak for the X9OC members but I know a few of the Londoners will be interested in future Rides even if they can't make this one.

They're all experienced riders and used to riding in a group/Group-Riding discipline if that's the Order of the Day.
Some are IAM members and a few are Unity Support Riders.
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:47 am

have just recieved my crash bars from Fehlings and unwrapped them, they look great but am surprised at the weight of them. Also have the Hand Guards from Isotta, now comes the fun part putting it altogether. I shall post some pics when its all done.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:30 pm

@Duke1: This sounds like a great day out, my Wife and I hope to join you for the ride.

Do you know the route we will be taking, considering there are L platers I take it we will be avoiding the Motorways?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:43 am

The route is as follows:
Leave Fulham and take the A roads to Orpington
to the A 21 to Flimwell
then the A 268 to Rye
and the A 259 to Hastings.

Return trip to be agreed on.

Last edited by Duke1 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Thats a ride and a half, for me anyway Smile

Maybe we could come back the A22?
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Ride out Sunday the 25th March   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:32 am

Yes thats fine, it looks as though there will be people joining and leaving us at various points going and also on the return trip. There is one change to the route, we will be picking the A21 up from Orpington which will make the route a little shorter. I can if you want can give you more details of the route.

Looking forward to meeting you

Best Regards
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:06 pm

We enjoyed the Cod and Chips, whens the next one bounce

Heres a photo of the bikes when we pulled up at Rye, a right mixture. Who can name them all? Smile

Attachments
UK ride posting AttachmentBikeTrip.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(170 Kb) Downloaded 49 times
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:36 am

We had a good turn out for the ride last Sunday, the weather was fab and the ride went well, challenging in places but made good progress when and where possible.

We had plenty of stops and made Rye Harbour in good time as we did for lunch in Hastings. I must say that the standard of riding was at the highest level, the only person who was the exception to that believe it or not ??? yes thats right me!! Just cant help it sometimes, poor me. Once again thanks to all who turned up and I shall post you about the details of the next ride soon.

Off to have a test ride on the new Honda Integra!!! lucky me.
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:23 am

An invitation to all Silverwing riders.

Sunday 22nd Aprol 2012

Safer Motorcycling Show, at

Haslemere Community Fire Station

Start time is 10am - 4pm

I have not been before and got the information after reading the magazine SEB Biker. It looks like the sort of thing that would have an interest to all. It seems like a good day out even though its short notice. If anyone is interested in going along let me know and we can get a plan together. small moped

Last edited by Duke1 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Sugar... we can make this one after all Sad

Maybe the next one...
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:32 am

Had a great day out on Sunday, to the Haslemere show. It only took an hour and half to get there and that included a coffee break. The weather was sunny for most of the day till home time.

The turn out was very good, with plenty to see and do. There is somethng about being with people who are like minded, as this was the case plus a Hog roast for lunch very snazzy, it all went very well and there is one again in September. I have a fab goody bag too!

The ride back to London I used the Sat Nav and came back through winding roads and single tracks and farm land. The Silverwing done all that I asked it to do and even though it rained on the way back still handled like a dream and just ate the miles up. Petrol consu[ption seems to be getting better but that could be part of my riding style as I have learned to adjust my habits." Phew" that said what are the nationals!!!? small moped
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 am

Sorry we missed it, it sounds like you had a far better day Sad

Maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:55 am

Should be looking at May 27th for the next day out, not sure where too yet.

But will be going to the famous Ace Cafe for breafast one Saturday morning if thats an interest to you, there are other big Scooter riders there, should be fun for an hour or two as its only a couple of miles away and well worth a visit. small moped

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:43 am

there are other big Scooter riders there

BarryCello - White or Grey Burgman 650 (he has two)
Rocketman (Steve) - Yellow and white 650 Burgman (also now has a Vespa 300)
RoyL - Blue Burgman 650

All ex-X9ers Smile
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:23 pm

@Duke What about a trip around the Olympic Village? I've no idea if you can drive the area but it might be interesting to see it before the mayhem.

Breakfast at Ace sounds good, let me know when I may join you Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:37 pm

I pass the Portland Olympic village daily!!!!!!

I takes a whole 7 nano seconds to get over the experience!

Not looking forward to the mayhem at all. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:43 pm

lol If we can extend that to 30mins for the London one that should be enough, it will give us more riding time Smile

Mind you I do enough London traffic during the week I'm not sure its a worth while trip now...
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:02 am

I like the idea of that.

Lets see if we can come up with a plan. Saying that I am on holiday from May 3rd to May 13th. The end of the month Day out should be the 27th May, so maybe we could incorporate the Olympic Village on that day!

It seems like its going to be a busy month, great! small moped
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:17 am

Its that time of the month and Sunday the 27th May is ride out day. have picked out Cambridge this time as there are different routes to choose from with lots of great roads which will give us some great riding. I have not been there before so its a new exerience for me.

It will be an early start and leaving from the Ace Cafe just off of the A406 ring road, so breakfast can be had for the early ones amongst us. I shall be there about 08:00hrs. With Sat Nav and maps, also I have been in contact with the Town Hall parking Dept and they have sent me a list of places to park near the centre of town and these are free, lucky us.

I know that I have left it a little late, but it sould be a good day out and by the looks of things the weather will be with us.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Count me and the wife in Smile

Is the ride L plate friendly, as in no motorways?
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:31 am

Its looks as though it will be a no L Platers run on Sunday, if thats the case it will be the Motorway M11 which takes us into Cambridge centre, I have been in touch with the Town Hall parking dept and they have sent me a list of parking places for scooters, I have loaded a location on the Sat Nav. I am sure the weather will be with us and have a great ride out.

Meeting at the Ace Cafe LONDON
which is on the A 406
Ace Corner
North Circular Road
Stonbridge
NW10 7UD

See you on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:16 am

The trip to Cambridge last Sunday turned out to be a fab day. Breakfast at the Ace Cafe which was a real treat for me and we left in perfect weather. The ride there seemed to be over very quickly but saying that the country side was a joy to see after the winter months in the city.

Found a safe place to park which is always impotant. The first stop Shopping, well why not? The place was buzzing with people and things to do. Time for lunch, Italian of course! then a walk round and found a market, which was a chance to stock up on home made cakes and buns. Some how we found ourselves in a Museum which turned out to be informative. Then the highlight, a ride on a Punt up and down the river, to see Cambride and all it has to offer from the river the experience is something that I will always remember.

All to quickly it was time to head for home, needed some help from the Sat Nav, but none the less we made good time. The Silverwing handled as always very well, its just so effortless to ride and it proves to me time and time again that I made the right choice sunny
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:53 pm

The next day out will be on 29th July which is a Sunday, the destination is the Tank Museum at Bovington. Its still in the planning stage at the moment, but I shall have all the information soon, so if anyone is interested they are more than welcome to come.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm in Smile
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:22 pm

Oh hang on, this looks interesting.
http://www.acecafeevents.com/st_fighter.html

Some photos from last year:
http://www.meetup.com/motorcycle-344/photos/2660811/
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Sorry had a problem getting things together with the last ride out. So lets start again. The next ride out will be on Sunday the 26th August and that will be to Brighton there is a Mod weekend going on so there should be plenty of people and lots to see and do, Its a great place.

Will meet at McDonalds on Wandsworth Bridge roundabout at 08:00hrs. The route will be non motorway as its only a short run to Brighton so we can take advantage of the country-side and some very good roads, will leave for the return journey about 17:00hrs. Should be a great day out for all. cheers

Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Hello, hope to see you on Sunday Smile

Hope the weather is fairly ok...
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:23 am

Some photos of us with the MODs Smile

Attachments
UK ride posting AttachmentIMG_9936 (Medium).JPG
(95 Kb) Downloaded 20 times
UK ride posting AttachmentIMG_9937 (Medium).JPG
(99 Kb) Downloaded 18 times
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:25 am

There were 100s of scooters there.
Attachments
UK ride posting AttachmentIMG_9949 (Medium).JPG
(64 Kb) Downloaded 17 times
UK ride posting AttachmentIMG_9950 (Medium).JPG
(58 Kb) Downloaded 16 times
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:26 am

Heres our Hondas, looking a bit odd amongst the rest Laughing
Attachments
UK ride posting AttachmentIMG_9948 (Medium).JPG
(81 Kb) Downloaded 24 times
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:29 am

Great pics. Remember my Vespa GS180 like it was yesterday!

Way better that Lambretta's!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
UK ride posting 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 6:23 pm

RArch wrote:
Some photos of us with the MODs Smile

At last, some pics of Meldrew's bike. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 7:14 pm

"If you remember the Sixties you weren't there!" Well I was there and 50 years later my opinion of those over chromed and tarted up pieces of crap hasn't changed one bit, they're a joke. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 7:22 pm

Meldrew wrote:
"If you remember the Sixties you weren't there!" Well I was there and 50 years later my opinion of those over chromed and tarted up pieces of crap hasn't changed one bit, they're a joke. Rolling Eyes

Bolox!!! clown The only thing that is crap is that todays generation are trying to live off the rep of those Mods and Rockers of the 50's and 60's.

As for them being crap. It's what was available. No doubt in 50 years time another Meldrew will be commenting on whatever technology has and say, 'Silver Wing's' they were crap!

Dear me we are a tad more grumpy than usual today!!!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:12 pm

Waspie wrote:
"Bolox!!! clown The only thing that is crap is that todays generation are trying to live off the rep of those Mods and Rockers of the 50's and 60's.

As for them being crap. It's what was available. No doubt in 50 years time another Meldrew will be commenting on whatever technology has and say, 'Silver Wing's' they were crap!

Dear me we are a tad more grumpy than usual today!!!

I agree it's a bid sad that there's middle aged blokes dressing up like Mods but apart from some themed meeting at the Ace Cafe in London when did you last see a biker dressed like a 50's or 60's Rocker in a studded leather jacket, white silk scarf, jeans, and white sea boot stockings turned up over knee length boots?
You don't because bikers have moved on and the Trad scooter riders haven't.

If they have it's only as far as the Skinhead era, there's someone dressed up like one in the photos complete with the St George "Eng-er-land" flag paint job on his helmet.

I rode a couple of my Dad's Vespas and Lambrettas as a teenager on leave from the Army in the 60's, they were better than the old Villiers engined New Hudson auto cycles he had, but pretty basic all the same.

I'm not a tad grumpy at all, you responsed to my last post by defending these fossils, you come across as someone with an Auto only licence or didn't come to maxi scooters through bikes. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:47 pm

Meldrew wrote:
I'm not a tad grumpy at all, you responsed to my last post by defending these fossils, you come across as someone with an Auto only licence or didn't come to maxi scooters through bikes. Laughing

I came to maxi scoots after a long lay off after having an off on the Vespa. Nearly lost my foot after getting my ankle caught under the running board!!!

20 + years later. Bought a Honda Melody, (an embarrassing 49 cc) Embarassed , to do a 2 mile commute. Then a 125 - followed by a Burgman 400 finally the 'Wing'.

So your right - Auto only and not a care! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Waspie wrote:
20 + years later. Bought a Honda Melody, (an embarrassing 49 cc) Embarassed , to do a 2 mile commute.

I once borrowed a Honda Melody from a dealer while my Yamaha XS850 was being serviced as it was the only thing they had available. I'd gone there in full leathers and was fully expecting to be riding something like the Benelli 500 Quattro I'd previously been given.

Imagine my embarrassment at been handed the keys to a custard yellow Melody with a shopping basket on the front, especially dressed as I was in top to toe black leather. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Waspie wrote:
20 + years later. Bought a Honda Melody, (an embarrassing 49 cc) Embarassed , to do a 2 mile commute.

I once borrowed a Honda Melody from a dealer while my Yamaha XS850 was being serviced as it was the only thing they had available. I'd gone there in full leathers and was fully expecting to be riding something like the Benelli 500 Quattro I'd previously been given.

Imagine my embarrassment at been handed the keys to a custard yellow Melody with a shopping basket on the front, especially dressed as I was in top to toe black leather. Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing No shopping basket on mine fortunately! The two things that was certain with the Melody. It started and 28 mph tops! Both up and down the hill at Portland. Smile
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-03-23

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:12 pm

Meldrew wrote:
I'd gone there in full leathers and was fully expecting to be riding something like the Benelli 500 Quattro I'd previously been given.

Thank your God for a full face helmet....??
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:45 am

small moped Hello every-one, not been on the forum for a while, my laptop gave up the ghost! seems to be ok now though, thanks to a forum member. I am going for a run out to

Brooklands Museum (cars motor -bikes and home to Concord)
Weybridge
Surrey

on the 20th January which is a Sunday, its only a short run as I cant control the weather like I do in the summer! It should be great fun as there is something for everyone. I shall post the details ie meeting times and so forth in a few days time. Let me know if this is of interest to you.

Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:56 am

Sounds a great venue.

If I may suggest a couple more, possibly summer rides due to distance for some.

FAA Museum at Yeovilton, Somerset. (Including Concorde too!!!)

http://www.fleetairarm.com

Also,

Tank Museum, Bovington, Dorset

(After much research I found that they DIDN'T have Grübbers 'little tank' (For you 'Allo - Allo' fans!!!!!)

http://www.tankmuseum.org
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:38 am

And me.
I can't do anything yet as I still have to take possession of Laurie's Silverwing (and pay for it!) but the three venues mentioned are already on my list for revisiting.
The Museum of Army Flying at Middle Wallop (near Salisbury) is very good, too.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:38 am

I'd say Herr Gruber's little tank is probably here,www.deutsches-panzermuseum.de. in Munster in Northern Germany. It's bloody well camouflaged though, Mrs M and me didn't find it on our visit there.
Back to top Go down
Atrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Atrick

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-09-04

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:18 pm

Good grief - this thread's turning into a right old nostalgia trip..... Sleep
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Waspie wrote:

If I may suggest a couple more, possibly summer rides due to distance for some.

FAA Museum at Yeovilton, Somerset. (Including Concorde too!!!)

http://www.fleetairarm.com

Also,

Tank Museum, Bovington, Dorset

(After much research I found that they DIDN'T have Grübbers 'little tank' (For you 'Allo - Allo' fans!!!!!)

http://www.tankmuseum.org

Some great ride out options there, thanks! Bovington has long been a possible venue, but is an overnighter really for me.

We have RAF Cosford museum on the doorstep which is well worth a vist anytime and I also have a "meet" with the Honda xrv crowd atr the Solway air museum in Cumbria, for mid May. Overnoght camp (and the odd beer) followed by a ride out.
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Meldrew wrote:
I'd say Herr Gruber's little tank is probably here,www.deutsches-panzermuseum.de. in Munster in Northern Germany. It's bloody well camouflaged though, Mrs M and me didn't find it on our visit there.

Hmmmm, very interesting albeit a bit further North than I usually travel in Germany.... Was there any English blurb or audio tour? I am doing a "Dambuster" ride in end of May, but that's a bit further South. Smile

Have you been to the military museum in Diekirch, near the Ardennes?
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Always interested! Won't make 20th though. I got a run to Swindon on Saturday so will have to spend some time at home with HID
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UK ride posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK ride posting   UK ride posting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UK ride posting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next