Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED Empty
PostSubject: POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED   POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2023 8:02 am

The below is from our forum owner JeffR, he makes valid points. This is an older post but needs to be read again! Please read and pay attention!  Keep your posts on topic and NO personal attacks of any kind. Since Tim is gone I guess it will fall to me to take some discipline as needed.  Lets get back to Silver Wing business! Thanks

"To all Members,

When posting please refrain from being belligerent or what some come off as 'attacking' others.  This is just s scooter site and it is about riding scooters and enjoying them.  This last topic about "Trips ---few seem to be taking them" has just gotten out of hand and had to be closed off by a mod.  I just saw the last few posts and I can't believe that some people get upset because someone trailers a bike to a ride or on a vacation.  

Some are able to ride long distances on a bike and others aren't, or just don't think it is worth riding so far.  I know if I had an RV and could trailer a bike...I would.  Some just ride for enjoyment where others are very 'hard core' riders.  But this site is just to share comments, knowledge and to enjoy yourself's here.

Those that begin to make posts that are attacking in manner will be deleted.  We will not edit the post to make is sound correct but we will simply delete the post.  

John Grinsel and Meldrew, please take note of this topic which will become a 'sticky'.  

To me, "banning" is something I find very difficult because I'm very big into 'freedom of speech'.  But the topic about 'trips' has become disrespectful and we mods will give temporary bans for a day or so and then delete the offensive post.

Riding a bike should be enjoyable and coming to this forum should also be enjoyable.  So "Do Not" make posts that are attacking in nature.  

Thanks,

JeffR

I am editing this to also say that this is not just speaking about the topic "Trips---few seem to be taking them" but for all posts going forward. We just need to be respectful and to understand we are all different. It doesn't mean that one is better than the other but just different. So, if you are one of those 'attacking' people please just don't do it."
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2019-04-13

PostSubject: Re: POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED   POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2023 10:46 am

Thank you. Paul
Back to top Go down
BrianInVA
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
BrianInVA

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2022-04-17

PostSubject: Re: POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED   POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2023 11:10 am

Thank you. My apologies for being part of the discussion that precipitated this post.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED   POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2023 12:55 pm

Well put, Glenn... and that's as it should be...
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED   POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2023 3:41 pm

I agree Glenn 100%. Like my Mom used to say, "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED   POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POSTING BEHAVIOR REVISITED
Page 1 of 1