Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Honda Dealer Shop Fee's

Go down 
+2
The Scootist
DennisB
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Honda Dealer Shop Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Honda Dealer Shop Fee's   Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi All,

I'm on the mend and drove the scooter to the Dealership here in Tulsa and asked them for a quote on parts and labor. I all most fell over when they told me the fee was $75.00 hour to work on the scooter.

I'm in/doing the wrong type of work!!!!!!!

$75.00 an hour :ROTF:

DennisB
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Honda Dealer Shop Fee's   Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Actually, Dennis I agree that it sounds like a lot, but from what I have seen, $75/hr for tech labor isn't unusual.
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Honda Dealer Shop Fee's   Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:54 pm

It's just that the Tech doesn't get anything like that.

When I worked as a Photocopier engineer my time was charged at £80 ($120) GBP per hour. I got a tenth of that. The rest went to provide me with a vehicle and support staff etc.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Honda Dealer Shop Fee's   Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Typically, here in Colorado anyway, the Tech (we used to call them mechanics) get less than one third of the shop rate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
forgitaboutut
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Honda Dealer Shop Fee's   Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:43 pm

yep! same all over!
this is why I have learned how to do it myself! including tires!
I probably dumped close to$2K in tools,and an Mc lift....but I'm starting to break even after 2 short years!
the only thing I havn't done yet it valve shims swap!(I may have to take a soaking from the dealer for that one... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Honda Dealer Shop Fee's   Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:42 am

Wow! That is a lot of labor hours in just 2 years. At $75/hr it would be about 26 hours. I have paid the dealer to do quite a bit of work on my bike since I bought it last July (install a new windshield, mount a top case, upgrade the air filter, 2 oil changes, new exhaust, and install a new variator), but I think the total labor was only about 5 hours (~$375)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Honda Dealer Shop Fee's   Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:14 pm

This all goes to prove that if you can do it yourself, and with all the great help and advice you get from the people on here. you should do it.
many jobs are realy not that hard with the right tools and a picture or two you can save yourself a small fortune. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Honda Dealer Shop Fee's   Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:47 pm

Not that as a women I couldn't learn to do those things, Embarassed but I just feel better having the guys give my bike the "once over" and know that things look all right. Plus they give me tips and suggestions which I appreciate. I know my husband could change the oil for me but he doesn't... scratch
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Honda Dealer Shop Fee's   Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:23 am

It does seem that getting bikes worked on is expensive, and I'm not sure why. The shop I go to charges $90 per hour, but I live in the S.F. bay area which is expensive anyway. They only do things like change tires, brakes, etc. I do all the other maintenance work. Are you going to have them do it Dennis? Or do it yourself? Hope all goes well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Honda Dealer Shop Fee's   Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:09 am

Hi Jeff,

Yea, I'll be doing the repairs myself. Not much to it. I've had this scooter all apart before....I use to take everything apart and put back togeather ever since I was a kid, used to worry my dad about some of his power tools until they needed to be repaired over the years from age and being over used.

Doing the replacment of tupperware is easy. Just going to take my time.

I recived my J.Costa Variator and holding tool yesterday. Well get the scooter back on Monday...I hope. Suspect

Got the holding tool off ebay, looks like a solid tool. Here's the thread to the tool.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390040845913&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

Just wish I had a good person like Gary to help me. After working with him I have come to realize he's a pretty darn good mechanic and would be proud to work with him again.

The swelling is going down in my right leg and foot and they feel alot better today. cheers

DennisB :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Honda Dealer Shop Fee's   Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:27 pm

get well soon Dennis Smile
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Honda Dealer Shop Fee's   Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Thank's Steve0,

I'm on the mend. Can't wait till I get the scooter back (Late Monday I hope) and get a start on this repair project. Nothing better then getting the scooter standing tall.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honda Dealer Shop Fee's   Honda Dealer Shop Fee's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honda Dealer Shop Fee's
Page 1 of 1