Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» noise under load
Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Today at 4:16 pm

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Today at 2:21 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Today at 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap

Go down 
+14
Dramhunter
Waspie
RickV
ulflyer
PHXScooterBill
buddy19520
wis-rider
MikeO
tonylumps
MarkB
model28a
bob wells
matthew
wingnprayer
18 posters
AuthorMessage
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap Empty
PostSubject: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:50 pm

I contacted the guy on Ebay that I purchased my leg deflectors from a couple of years back (see them fitted here https://picasaweb.google.com/noddydog1/Silverwing#)

He responded today with the following:

Thanks for the report. I did reply earlier from my iphone. Wanted to be sure you got my response. YES, I still amke them and will supply to interestged persons. Price for 2 leg air deflectors is $19.95 including shipping. Check or PayPal.
My email is petropete@dejazzd.com may name and address is;
Nelson Boll
810 Snyder Hill rd
Lititz, PA 1743
THANKS

- reflexscooter

Here is the eBay account he operates: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/reflexscooter

Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:38 pm

And how are these attached exactly?
Back to top Go down
bob wells
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bob wells

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:03 pm

My question also.

Bob
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:54 pm

From a post yesterday.
"buddy19520
Subject: Re: Honda Leg Extensions too expensive Yesterday at 5:04 pm
I also have the ebay/homemade wind deflectors. They work well, and I chiefly use them for the cool weather. They also keep pants legs drier in the rain.

For mounting, if you lift the rubber mat in the footwell (start top/front) you will find there are nubs molded into the mat that you press into holes in the body of the scoot. The wind deflectors are affixed to the nubs of the floor mat. For the upper portion of the deflector, I cut some strips of Velcro and used contact cement to glue them to the black plastic near the parking brake (and the equivalent area on the other side).

So, when not in use, you can see the Velcro if you are sitting on the ground. Otherwise, its not very noticeable. Considering the other mods I've done (particularly the running lights and the backrest), it does not degrade the look of the scooter at all."
Back to top Go down
MarkB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MarkB

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Thanks for posting this. Those deflectors look like a great idea. The ebay page for reflexscooter says he has no products for sale, but I emailed him to see if I can order a pair.
Back to top Go down
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:48 am

Personally under my mats I've put a couple of short screws through the deflectors and into the plastic body work. It isn't seen and ensures the deflectors aren't going anywhere. Obviously they're not as quick to take off, but I leave mine on all year round.

One plus for these Ebay deflectors is that they flex under impact. Don't get me wrong they've never moved whilst going down the motorway at 90mph, but if I do scrape them on a wall whilst parking they won't break like the more expensive Honda ones apparently will.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 6:17 am

I have the original Honda Leg Deflectors.While working on my other bike it fell over into the Swing and broke the deflector So I ordered one side from DS Spare UK They have always given me good service I can not blame them for the price But 100.00 for 1 deflector Well I ordered it and put it on But that will not happen again So I ordered the 20.00 deflector.. It came yesterday They look good and will do the job And 10 times cheaper Even the little screws were included So if I brake another Honda Deflector I will put these on
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:36 am

Hey, for $20, considering the ought-to-be-illegal-and -throw-the damned-crooks-in-jail pricing of the "official honda" item, this is a no brainer. I got a pair and put them on, and they seem as though they'll work just fine, though I haven't ridden yet with them. I also called Nelson - the guy who sells them - because I was having trouble making them fit on. He took responsibility for "poor instructions", and got me headed in the right direction.
They're actually extremely simple in design and in installation.

Given these kinds of alternatives - and it seems to me that there are always these kinds of alternatives - maybe someone can explain to me the rationale for indulging "official" anything, and usually paying what amounts, in my perhaps not-so-humble opinion, to criminal prices. Oh, don't get me started.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:30 pm

If you had suffered the trouble often experienced in getting stuff from across the Pond you might understand why some of us prefer to buy from the manufacturer.
For example, I can't have a Paypal account (useless system IMHO) because Paypal can't cope with my living in a different country from that in which my Back Accounts are - the bank can - and often American companies won't accept credit card payments unless one telephones - more hassle and expense.

I can phone my dealer, order parts, hear from them when the parts arrive, ride over and have them fitted. It's easy so I do it.

Having seen all the fuss about Americans trying to buy the Honda deflectors from the UK - I assume you have, too - I'd expect a little less of a rant.
You don't know how lucky you are.
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Yes, I can understand the frustration of trying to deal with inane bureaucracies and the like. A lot of - at best - nonesense, and lack of accommodation. At worst, bordering on, or crossing the border into, evil.

But, how about something like this: since we are an online community of folks with at least one similar and significant interest in common, would it be so difficult for folks on either side of the Pond to provide a service to those on the other side? For example, I can't imagine that the cost of sending you - or someone else - a pair of these deflectors would come any where near approaching the cost of the "official" deflectors to you in Europe. These things weigh next to nothing, are small as can be, and could probably be shipped for next to nothing too. If the "seller" doesn't want to do it, I'm sure one of "us" will. I will, for example.

Wow. This might start a revolution of collaboration/cooperation. Imagine that. No doubt someone will scream "communist conspiracy!"
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Mike this has nothing to do with the UK .If these Deflectors were sold in my basement for $200.00.It is still a lot of money. You could get 4 wind deflectors for your car made out of the same plastic for about $60.00 any where in the world. Honda is way out of the ballpark with there parts .I think that is why David Silver Spares is no longer using Honda OEM numbers.My Vstar OEM and after parts are about 70% of what honda charges. I really like my Silverwing But I would never buy any other Model Honda Bike or Car.
Back to top Go down
wis-rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wis-rider

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2010-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:27 pm

Once again this Forum rocks with info! I going to get a pair of these also!
Back to top Go down
bob wells
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bob wells

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:43 pm

tonylumps wrote:
Mike this has nothing to do with the UK .If these Deflectors were sold in my basement for $200.00.It is still a lot of money. You could get 4 wind deflectors for your car made out of the same plastic for about $60.00 any where in the world. Honda is way out of the ballpark with there parts .I think that is why David Silver Spares is no longer using Honda OEM numbers.My Vstar OEM and after parts are about 70% of what honda charges. I really like my Silverwing But I would never buy any other Model Honda Bike or Car.

Because this accessory is overpriced you will write off an entire manufactures line of everything? Unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:48 pm

wingnprayer wrote:
I contacted the guy on Ebay that I purchased my leg deflectors from a couple of years back (see them fitted here https://picasaweb.google.com/noddydog1/Silverwing#)

He responded today with the following:

Thanks for the report. I did reply earlier from my iphone. Wanted to be sure you got my response. YES, I still amke them and will supply to interestged persons. Price for 2 leg air deflectors is $19.95 including shipping. Check or PayPal.
My email is petropete@dejazzd.com may name and address is;
Nelson Boll
810 Snyder Hill rd
Lititz, PA 1743
THANKS

- reflexscooter

Here is the eBay account he operates: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/reflexscooter

I believe that this is the same person I got mine from two years ago. I'm not sure about the name, but the PA address looks right.

I took a trip to Alabama and back two weeks ago (1200 miles roundtrip) and was very glad to have just re-installed them (off for the summer, on for the winter). The weather was quite cool, and these things helped keep my legs a little bit warmer.
Back to top Go down
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:59 am

buddy19520 wrote:

I believe that this is the same person I got mine from two years ago. I'm not sure about the name, but the PA address looks right.

There also was Three Brothers in Pennsylvania making them, so it could also be them that you're thinking of--but they quoted me $79 for just their leg protectors!
I just ordered from Nelson at Reflexscooter and I went a step further getting his hand guards too although I didn't announce it to the forum until he ascertained whether the hand guards, originally designed to fit the Reflex would actually fit our S-Wings. Well apparently it is a go, because not only are the hand and leg guards on their way to me but he has now posted it on ebay. He also says he thinks the hand guards will not interfere with a Givi w/s' "ears" so that would be nice to have a Clearview's level of hand protection with a Givi.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Reflex-and-Silverwing-leg-Hand-air-deflectors-/260864583632?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cbcbda7d0#ht_500wt_924
BTW, Nelson also seems like a really good guy, so that makes the buying experience even better.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 5:29 am

Bob Wells I have owned a Honda CB ,Honda Accord All were Great Vehicles So I am not speaking of one part. Is that Realistic enough. I am stating a fact as I believe. Take it the way you want
Back to top Go down
MarkB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MarkB

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:21 pm

I can vouch for their duarbility. I took my first ride to work - roughly 30 miles, mainly highway - in more than 15 years last Thursday (after spending an hour cruising my town to get the feel of the bike). The ride in went well but when I took the final exit I hadn't slowed sufficiently for the off-ramp. So, per instructions in my recent rider course, I straightened up the bike and rode the brakes hard and got my speed down to a crawl before I ran out of lane. The curve of the ramp had a small 3" edge of stone bordering grass. I hit it at a very shallow angle and all it did was flip me and the bike onto the grass. We didn't even slide. No bruises, either. However, when I got the bike up to take a look I saw that the NelsonB Air Deflector's top portion was hanging outside the bike. I thought it was busted - but no. It turned out that the left footrest front panel was a little warped and the screw seat at the 'elbow' was busted. The Deflectior, which was pinched in behind the panel, simply came loose. I cleaned up the grass which was wedged in, reinstallled the Deflector, and headed in to work. (Coming home was another adventure cause it was pouring rain and dark and my Laminar Lip is almost too high to see over. (I only learned about Lemon Pledge on your blog last night.) At least I got to test my new First Gear gear for waterproofness. It passed.)
Back to top Go down
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:36 am

Got my hand and leg wind deflectors and installed them tonight. I can't wait to see how they work in the wind. I don't think they should hurt aerodynamics, at least I'm hoping they won't. The hand deflectors look especially nice on the bike, almost like a stock panel. The leg ones I got seemed to have the same ribbing on the outer side as on the inner side and so don't look as clean as earlier incarnations, but heck all I care about is if they do the intended job. I did need to trim off a tiny amount where the edge comes up to some ribbing that makes the edge thicker to tuck in between the two panels, but that was easy. The fit and finish of the products are very good. Now lets see when I get my cut down Givi 214DT in combination with it. My hands should be real warm when the cold weather arrives. Cool
Back to top Go down
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Can someone post a good pic of the sheild and hand guards? The Ebay pic is not clear at all. I take it the sheild is some sort of rubber or flexible plastic?

Edited: Ron Nelson, maker of the items, sent me an email with 3 pics and clarified that they are flexible plastic. Don't know how to attach the pics or I would. I'm going to be ordering a set shortly.
Back to top Go down
RickV
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
RickV

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 5:36 pm

I installed my wind leg deflectors yesterday and tried them out on a group ride today - temp this morning was about 30 degrees [F] and the deflectors made a big difference - certainly an improvement and my legs were much warmer as a result of the additional protection - recommend to others.

My installation was not difficult but not a smooth as expected for the following reason - the holes in the deflectors did not match up to the nubs in the mat for some - I had to use an exacto knife to open up 2 of the three holes so that the mat would properly go back into position - this was on my 2002 SW. That said, the rest was pretty simple - I did use the screws included with the deflectors to attach them under the mat. The deflectors didn't budge at 65 mph on the freeway today.

Finally, I put three pics of the deflectors mounted on my SW in my album.

Rick V
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 3:58 pm

matthew wrote:
No doubt someone will scream "communist conspiracy!"

COMMUNIST CONSPIRACY!!!

Left it a while and no one has! - Just couldn't resist. Sorry Mathew. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Well it now looks like the makers of Three Brothers Backrests are now diving back into the game with their own leg deflectors. The ebay picture makes them seem wider and he says his rubber is heavier grade so that may account somewhat for the higher price tag...but $50 higher?? Shocked
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Silverwing-Silver-Wing-Reflex-Helix-LEG-windsheild-wind-sheild-/200670629056?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eb8e6ccc0#ht_2415wt_881
Back to top Go down
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Installed my set today and it went exactly like RickV's did above. Two of three holes don't match and cuting new ones with a dremel cutter was easy. I took the top two screws out even tho the instructions say you don't need to, and when tightened back up it seems to hold that top section well enough. I put a couple screws in the lower part where it seemed to bow up slightly.
All in all it's a pretty decent installation and easy enuf to do. Held up nice at interstate speed of 70-75 mph and with legs tucked in a bit no wind was hitting them directly. Well worth the $30.

Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:29 pm

See! I knew it! Razz
Back to top Go down
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:50 am

Hey Matthew, I love your state and particularly down where you live. Everytime I come out to visit my daughter who lives in Santa Fe, we go to Madrid for lunch and to poke around the shops.
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:57 am

Hi Ted, yes, this part of the Southwest is unique, and, I think, a little special.
This is after all the Land of Enchantment, and that's not just entirely hype.
I hope you eat at Mama Lisa's No Pity Cafe in Madrid. Hands down the best food in town. We live off grid out on Mail Box Road south of Madrid. Don't know if you've ever ventured out that way. Maybe your daughter knows of it?
Come on out for a cuppa tea next time you're in the neighborhood.

I didn't track your entire line of posts re: the wind deflectors. Did you get Nelson Boll's ones, or another one?
Back to top Go down
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:16 am

Can't remember where we ate at last time. I love that area with all the big rock formations just north of Cerrillos (sp). When I first started going out to visit, there were no houses to speak of but now there are several among the rocks. Thanks for invite and may take you up when I get out again.

Yes, I got the Nelson Boll. They do have a few little humps where the plastic curves and thats just the nature of something that thin. ON other hand, if one isn't real picky about appearances, they do do a good job and cheap enough. I'd recommend them. I've also added a set of grips from Drag Specialists..kinda fat and longer than standard...along with a throttle lock. Waiting for the GIVI which will be here early next week and thats all I'm going to do for now. Maybe a trunk box next spring; they're pretty cheap on Ebay. Not spending the big bucks on another GIVI.
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:04 pm

Sounds like you're talking about the Garden of the Gods area north of Cerrillos (you spelled it right). We've been out here for 20 years, and in that time there's been a lot of building, but it's still not a highly developed area (thank god), and out where we are, it's much less developed even than that.
Lots of open space and skies, mountain views, and of course incredible sunsets.

I installed the Nelson Boll deflectors too. For $20 including shipping, I'd say they work just fine, and look ok to me. My Swing is in no way pristine, lots of scrapes, cracks, a coupla misaligned glove boxes, etc., all from multiple drops out here on my very rough rock/dirt road. The price I pay for living where I do. So, the look and feel of the deflectors is no problem.

People have mentioned that the holes that come precut on the deflectors don't line up with the Swing. I thought that same thing, and called Nelson to ask him about it. He set me straight. I had them lined up wrong. Too low on the bike. When placed where they are in fact meant to go, the holes line up just right. I'd have to say I'm happy with them, and Nelson is a good person to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Dramhunter
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Dramhunter

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 4:52 am

Guys, just came across this thread. Are these deflectors still available? I'm also looking for hand wind deflectors to fit alongside the stock windscreen. Anyone know of any available and where I can get them?

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://northlight.artistwebsites.com/index.html
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 8:50 am

Back to top Go down
ericclapham
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ericclapham

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2014-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 11:53 pm

Late last year I bought a pair of wind deflectors off Nelson Boll so I presume he is still trading. mailto:petropete@dejazzd.com. As mentioned previously on this topic, I too had to adjust the centre holes where the nubs on the footmat press into on the LH/RH installation but that was soon taken care of by the trusty Dremel.There was no way I could get those to align. It was not so much "to low on the bike" but that the middle holes of the angled up part of the footrest were not far enough outboard by about 3/4 of a hole. No big deal as I said. In all, they are value for money, easy to fit, look good and do keep the draught off.
Back to top Go down
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 12:19 am

These might be extreme, but I went to the dollar store and bought 4 cutting mats for  $2.00.
Each pack was $1.00 for 2 mats. I cut the mat so it would fit under the floor mat and used the floor screws to hold it.
You can search the net and get commercial cutting mats that cost more and larger should you wish to have heaver duty,
colored plastic, or even larger size.
I creased the top edge just a little of 1/4 inch and used industrial velcro to hold the top in place.
This is what is looks like on my Forza. I made a set for my Burgman 650 and painted them black to match the bike.
I thought there is to much red already on this one. I did not make a set for my Silverwing, but it should be just as easy.
I cut them long on the side closest to me making them bow out. You can increase/decrease according to taste even
if you make them short. If you drop the bike you aren't going to break them. You can make varying sizes for different seasons
and still come out cheap. If you paint them, the paint will be your most expensive cost.
You can cut it and shape it as small as the others or as large as these. I use them in the winter because of my uncle Arthur.

Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap 20140110

Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap 20140111
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 8:26 am

I must say these look quite good and for minimal cost. Great idea. I'm looking for the cutting mats on my next shopping trip. Where would you find industrial strength velcro?
Back to top Go down
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 11:51 am

Industrial velcro was at the local hardware store(Lowes). I always keep some in my tool box. Use it to hold my gargage door opener to the top of the glove box too. Makes it easy to move between rides.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap   Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leg Deflectors for $20 from Ebay chap
Page 1 of 1