Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 3:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 3:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 2:15 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 1:21 am

» LF extended back rest
Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 5:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 9:54 am

» Drive belt prices
Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 2:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Too Tall For The Silverwing

Go down 
+5
DaveR
buddy19520
The Scootist
honda_silver
joncallihan
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Too Tall For The Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Too Tall For The Silverwing   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Hello im 6'2 and 230 is the silverwing to small for me. please help any tall rider out there.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Too Tall For The Silverwing   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:15 pm

This is one for DaveR -- he's about that size and the Silverwing works very well for him.

Last edited by joncallihan on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : remove double signature)
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Too Tall For The Silverwing   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:05 pm

funblackmanscooter wrote:
Hello im 6'2 and 230 is the silverwing to small for me. please help any tall rider out there.

Welcome to the SWing forum.

Check if https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-accessories-modifications-f5/can-the-back-rest-be-moved-t183.htm#819 might apply.

Last edited by honda_silver on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Too Tall For The Silverwing   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:30 am

Funblack...
I'm 6'5" and 240 and with the seat all the way back I have plenty of room. The riders backrest can be adjusted front to back by removing the mounting hardware under the seat and selecting the rear holes. I think you will have all the room you need.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Too Tall For The Silverwing   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Your other option is to turn the buttstop into a backrest. It will provide a valuable 1-2 inches of extra legroom. Having a true backrest is tremendously comfortable.

Search the site or go to leroybeal.net for info and pics on making the backrest.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Too Tall For The Silverwing   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:48 am

This is Old Dave in Western Nebraska...
I am 6'2" and 230 lbs and the Swing works very well for me. Jon lives in Lafayette, Co. and we ride to Cheyenne, Wy. and have lunch together. It is about 100 miles each way for both of us so works out well. I do not have any problems with the Swing and have had both of my knees replaces about 10 years ago. I still have the conventional factory seat but installed a three Brother's back rest on mine. It sure helps take the pressure off of your back and I stay comfortable. Hope this helps...
Back to top Go down
tavetti53
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Too Tall For The Silverwing   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 5:25 pm

I am 6'6", 38 inseam, 220 lbs......and I have made the buttrest into a backrest and I have leg and knee room on my S'wing...my backrest was from Jac Vinson...

Another DaveR...Northern Minnesota
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Where to get a backrest for my Silverwing.   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:27 am

Too Tall For The Silverwing Affraid My back would like to have a backrest. Anybody know of a website to go to or where to start looking?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: Too Tall For The Silverwing   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:56 am

MarkII wrote:
Too Tall For The Silverwing Affraid My back would like to have a backrest. Anybody know of a website to go to or where to start looking?

Modify the existing buttrest into a backrest ( http://www.leroybeal.net/motorcycles/silverwing/articles/backrest/backrest.html )

I have the Utopia backrest ( http://www.utpr.com/silverwingnew.html ) which pivots down for passenger loading/unloading.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Too Tall For The Silverwing   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:55 am

Utopia here, too.
It works for me. Too Tall For The Silverwing Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
tavetti53
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Too Tall For The Silverwing   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:45 pm

I purchased my buttrest adapter(to make it a backrest) from eBay.....but you can also find this adapter at www.rvtoys.net....Jac Vinson's website.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Everett Brewer
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-04-19

PostSubject: Turned Butt-Stop into Backrest   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:58 pm

The one thing that I did not like about the Silverwing was having too little seat room, considering my height. So using the info on this forum, I followed the directions, and now I have plenty of butt room and a nice backrest----Thanks folks for all the good directions and pictorials...I'm thinking now of loading it up and taking a trip up the coast along the Great Pacific.....EB
Back to top Go down
J.R.
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
J.R.

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Too Tall For The Silverwing   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:45 am

When I first got on the Swing my knees had no clearance. I took off the buttrest and brought it to the upholstery shop. There they took off all the padding, replaced it with a thin layer of padding, re-covered with original skin. The gain was about 2 inches of leg room. This has worked well for me and not very expensive. Pic is in my album. I hope this helps. J.R.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too Tall For The Silverwing   Too Tall For The Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too Tall For The Silverwing
Page 1 of 1