Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?

Go down 
+6
honda_silver
rogerscoot
trouble1100
PHXScooterBill
john grinsel
tarmacburner2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? Empty
PostSubject: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Excellent picture but would anyone care to say which pass this is. I'm guessing the Stelvio.

Also on the Silverwing an interesting RAM mount setup - Someone care to throw some light on it. Bought or manufactured in someone's shed?

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Does the new picture have   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Does the new picture have Swiss Autoban sticker?
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Could be Stelvio. My first up, 1959, KR200 Messerschmitt.
Back to top Go down
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:50 pm

Hard to tell, but..
It does have sticky black electrical tape to keep the right side glove box shut. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:52 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Also on the Silverwing an interesting RAM mount setup - Someone care to throw some light on it. Bought or manufactured in someone's shed

Give this a shot;

http://tinyurl.com/Ram-Brake-Clutch-Mount
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:54 pm

i think it's the Furka, looking towards Grimsel Pass
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:18 pm

rogerscoot wrote:
i think it's the Furka, looking towards Grimsel Pass

Looking at Furka on Google Images I think you are correct. Just need to fit power steering to the scoot before attempting it. It is one of those roads where I would like the Silverwing's power but the lightness of the Burgman 400.

Sometime I would like to have a trip around Europe to do all those mountain passes, St Gothard, Furka, Grimsel, Stelvio, Transfagarasan. Possibly 'scout' them on four wheels first though. The 964 would have some serious fun on those roads.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Judging from the one 'overtaking' mirror being on the right hand side I would guess it is a British Silverwing. I think that is a Swiss Vignette sticker.
As far as we know the picture was taken in Switzerland (unless someone had a really powerful zoom lens on their camera!).

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:15 pm

After many years of trying, I did it in June, plus Grimsel, Susten, St Gotthard...new and old(Tremolo) and others including Stelvio and Timmelsjoch....Wonderful memories.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:04 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Excellent picture but would anyone care to say which pass this is. I'm guessing the Stelvio.

Also on the Silverwing an interesting RAM mount setup - Someone care to throw some light on it. Bought or manufactured in someone's shed?

Here is where I took the picture from Cool

https://www.silverwing600.com/t838p30-please-submit-a-picture-of-your-silver-wing#7878
Back to top Go down
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Ok, I can't stand it, where is that bike parked?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:38 am

Our current forum photo shows a SWing parked on the edge of a mountain road looking out on a spectacular scene. In the distance there is a road going up a peak that makes me positively drool (same road as this one?). Somebody please tell me where that is so I can have more accurate dreams. tongue
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:03 am

craigory wrote:
Our current forum photo shows a SWing parked on the edge of a mountain road looking out on a spectacular scene. In the distance there is a road going up a peak that makes me positively drool (same road as this one?). Somebody please tell me where that is so I can have more accurate dreams.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t3795-new-picture-but-where-was-it-taken#34674
Back to top Go down
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:19 am

Thanks Bill! BRB. Gotta pick up my plane tickets. Smile
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:51 am

At least the Romans didn't try and build one of their roads over the pass. Laughing

I think Mikbak may have taken this photograph when with a group from the www.maxi-touring.co.uk . Check out youtube for Stelvio, Furka, San Gotthard, Grimsel, Transfagarasan - got to be the ultimate in stupid reasons to build a road!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:40 am

tarmacburner2 wrote:
I think Mikbak may have taken this photograph when with a group from the www.maxi-touring.co.uk . Check out youtube for Stelvio, Furka, San Gotthard, Grimsel, Transfagarasan

This one ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_Nczl6YvTU
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:00 am

tarmacburner2 wrote:
[Edit]

That RAM mount could be something like our DennisB makes. It attaches in place of the front handle bar cowling hex bolts.

I saw a similar DIY mount on the Italian Silverwing forum. Check the archives for others. Lots of good info on that site, but the Google translation is really, really bad. So use your imagination

Tim

http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/translate_url_content?.intl=us&lp=it_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.silverwing400.it%2findex.php%3foption%3dcom_content%26task%3dview%26id%3d149%26Itemid%3d44
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 1:28 pm

I've no idea where the photo was taken, I've only done some Austrian Alpine passes and once was enough for me. I'd say that was taken on a maxi-touring trip, it's an older Silver Wing with the colour matched not black fairing pockets, and it's a Garmin Zumo 550 GPS. I'd say it's mikbak's scooter, and it was taken somewhere in Switzerland in 2009.
Back to top Go down
tubeck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: picture of Silverwing on forum   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:52 am

Is that a velcro strip holding the compartment door closed on the right side? I guess I should do that. It does rattle. Not what I think of when I think of Honda engineering.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:23 am

It is probably a strip of black insulation tape. Cheap and cheerful fix to a problem.

Cheers,

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?   New Picture - But Where Was It Taken? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Picture - But Where Was It Taken?
Page 1 of 1