Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Left brake micro-switch
What is happening? I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
What is happening? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
What is happening? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
What is happening? I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Yesterday at 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
What is happening? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
What is happening? I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
What is happening? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
What is happening? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
What is happening? I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
What is happening? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What is happening?

Go down 
+7
Winger61
JeffR_
Lab Rat
pancho
KurtPerthWA
Opalsboy
Waspie
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:08 am

What a country. Are we paying the cost for being too soft in previous generations?

Hope you guys living near the hot spots are safe and keeping your 'Wings' safe.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:57 am

Doug... is there something i have missed... I haven't heard any news for about a week... point me in the right direction for information. I have asumed this has to do with something in the uk.. BUT when you mention soft generations, could be any of us.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:17 am

Doug ,my thoughts on the matter are hopelessly politically incorrect.
We are heading the same way with the illegal immigrants. Texas has the right approach for their problem.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:20 am

Doug ,my thoughts on the matter are hopelessly politically incorrect.
We are heading the same way with the illegal immigrants. Texas has the right approach for their problem.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:12 am

Gary, yes indeed a UK problem hence my specifically placing it in the English section initially.

Heres a link to get you some info.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14459127

Started in London but has since escalated to other major cities.

The police have promised some 'robust' action which may involve raised voices and mild swearing!!!!! Sorry - but we pussy foot around with our youth over here too much. I hope the police keep to their word and act robustly. Makes me so angry to see sections of society acting so deliberately maliciously.
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:45 am

Texas has spent over $300,000,000 so far this year just to put things in the Mexican language. What happened to engilsh???? Not to mention the border and drug problems....... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Doug After reading the link you sent, I found these two paragraphs pathetic...

Home Secretary Theresa May was asked whether she would consider allowing the use of water cannon, the introduction of curfews or troops being brought in to control the disorder.

She said that unlike other countries, British policing traditionally did not rely on such methods. But she said "in these circumstances" she would listen to what the police felt they needed to do the job.

Sounds like they need to send in your hounds.... give Ms May a call.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:25 pm

Quite Gary.

The Home Sec. actually gave away our water canons!!! WTF

Like most governments they do not have a clue as to what is going down on our streets. As such we plummet into chaos. The police are going to go ballistic with a wish list of gadgets we as a country simply cannot afford.

My cure to our troubles is to give the press a day or two off. Switch off all CCTV in the area and let the police do what we the tax paying public pay them for - Policing.

Rant over. Just annoyed a minority group can cause so much damage. Insurance will go up, someone will have to pay the police overtime bill and the poor shop owners will have to rebuild their lives/businsses. At a time when, like most countries in the world is suffering from a financial downturn.

Makes me so angry.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:59 pm

I feel your pain... the US doesn't have the level of protest yall are having. YET!!! But it is very frustrating to see our countries becoming more like third world ones. We are not use to out of control behavior (in the US history you have to take out the 60s. They were a nightmare.) Now sanity seems to be vanishing before our eyes.

I read on a little into that article and it only addresses the police options... never mentions what the riots are over.

Maybe you should email me or pm me to keep this from going on for ever here. My email is ggoolsby.garyh@gmail.com and you know my pm ....
Back to top Go down
Lab Rat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Lab Rat

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-03-15

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:14 pm

I thought this was rather interesting as well. It says a lot about the thug mentality going on. (In a nutshell, they hacked the Blackberry website and threatened RIM (blackberry) if they cooperate with the police. "We'll release your employees' information to the public, so they won't be safe.") Absolutely disgusting.

http://crackberry.com/official-blackberry-blog-hacked
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:08 pm

Doug,

Hope things settle down for you over there. It's too bad they do that and it is really just the anarchists that cause most of the trouble. It seems when we have riots here the anarchists come out to beat people up and things. When they had their "peaceful liberal" protest in San Francisco, over the Iraq war, they were raping, and beating people up. And using Molotov cocktails. And these were the peaceful protesters. Hope it gets better there.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 2:46 am

There are times when I'm glad I live 'out in the sticks', away from these major centres. I do believe though, that it's time for more pro-active action from the police - break a few heads! Too much political correctness, and don't start me off on human rights!
Many years ago, when I was in the Navy, we were in Paris during the student riots. The French police fetched in the CRS, their riot squad. They are seriously nasty!! They went through the crowd using rifle butts on anyone who got in the way - sorted it out very quickly!! I dont want to appear to condone violence, but if that is the only language these rioters understand..........................
Also, if they are put before the courts, our judicial system is so pathetic that the punishment rarely fits the crime. Community service, unpaid work etc. Lock 'em up!

End of rant!! Smile
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-03-23

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 3:21 am

All a bit bonkers...

I was waiting for the first politico to come out with the comment "disconnected youth", and heard it yesterday morning...!

The buggers are all well connected after their visit to Fone 4Us, I did think it mildly amusing to see an adjacent kids clothing store untouched next to a phone store that had been looted. I mentioend this to a non-PC mate with the comment that the average 14-15 year old would not be interested in such things, he rejoined with teh remark that around his old haunt in the West midlands, most of the girls were well on there way to a family by that age.....

I think a few good arrests and VERY high profile prosecutions will make them think twice and it has to happen immediately. Possibly of some of the idiots who put up there evenings adventures on YouTube Wink
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:11 am

Opalsboy wrote:

I read on a little into that article and it only addresses the police options... never mentions what the riots are over.

The initial riots were over a shooting of a non white youth in possession of a firearm by a armed police response unit.

Just the catalyst needed to incite the youths of London to react with violence.

The out of London riots were simply copy cat events by those who are unable of conscious thought themselves. There pure aim was theft and profit!!!!
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Never mind the water cannon, bring out thr real thing on these mindless thugs. I think that we ought to ask for a few thousand CRS to be loaned from the cheese eating surrender monkeys !!!
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Glenn Beck had a segment on his program on Fox News last year that covered a book you can readily find. The Coming Insurrection by The Invisible Committee.

Some editorial comments from Amazon's listing:
Quote :
"For culture jammers, anarchists and malcontents everywhere, The Coming Insurrection is a bracing tonic -- an elegant and inspiring call to arms." Kono Matsu Adbusters

"I am not calling for a ban on this book. It's important that you read this book. [...] And let me tell you something: Don't dismiss these people. Don't dismiss them." Glenn Beck Fox News, Glenn Beck Program

"This is quite possibly the most evil thing I've ever read." Glenn Beck Fox News, Glenn Beck Program
Quote :
Product Description
A call to arms by a group of French intellectuals that rejects leftist reform and aligns itself with younger, wilder forms of resistance.

About the Author
Thirty years of "crisis," mass unemployment, and flagging growth, and they still want us to believe in the economy.... We have to see that the economy is itself the crisis. It's not that there's not enough work, it's that there is too much of it.--from The Coming Insurrection. The Coming Insurrection is an eloquent call to arms arising from the recent waves of social contestation in France and Europe. Written by the anonymous Invisible Committee in the vein of Guy Debord--and with comparable elegance--it has been proclaimed a manual for terrorism by the French government (who recently arrested its alleged authors). One of its members more adequately described the group as "the name given to a collective voice bent on denouncing contemporary cynicism and reality." The Coming Insurrection is a strategic prescription for an emergent war-machine capable of "spreading anarchy and live communism."Written in the wake of the riots that erupted throughout the Paris suburbs in the fall of 2005 and presaging more recent riots and general strikes in France and Greece, The Coming Insurrection articulates a rejection of the official Left and its reformist agenda, aligning itself instead with the younger, wilder forms of resistance that have emerged in Europe around recent struggles against immigration control and the "war on terror."Hot-wired to the movement of '77 in Italy, its preferred historical reference point, The Coming Insurrection formulates an ethics that takes as its starting point theft, sabotage, the refusal to work, and the elaboration of collective, self-organized life forms. It is a philosophical statement that addresses the growing number of those--in France, in the United States, and elsewhere--who refuse the idea that theory, politics, and life are separate realms.

From what I remember...and no, I didn't take notes...there are groups that use this book as their "bible". The Seattle WTO riots were mentioned in his program as an example. The normally peaceful riots turned ugly when a group of "professionals" from out of state moved in and got the rest of the crowd to turn violent. It wasn't hard. And don't kid yourself that the riots are spontaneous. They were orchestrated. It is like the spark that gets the fire going. Once going, the riots take on a life of their own...and the organizers or professionals fade into the background. If you ask the person on the street why they were rioting, they'll give you the answer of their cause. But the people who got the riots to turn violent in the first place...won't be on camera.

It is an international movement that started in France. I would be highly surprised if they weren't behind some of the very initial rioting in Greece as well as England. The idea for them is to use whatever "cause" is available to push anarchy and bring down the existing social structures.

Chris
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 12:49 am

I was driving a charter bus during the Seattle WTO riots. It was a mess that didn't have to happen. The weak mayor of Seattle and his police chief didn't want to bring out the water hoses because it "might look too much like Selma, Ala." during the 60s. It would have looked a lot better than it did, a lot of damage, people hurt and a real black eye for Seattle. I wouldn't be surprised to see riots in LA, San Francisco, Portland Oregon and Seattle. These West coast cities have the same PC mentality and weakness in responding to rioting thugs. Weak response way too late. Glad I don't live in or near any of these places. Small towns like Medford, OR where I live have a bit different outlook on this crap. We have a different outlook on the second amendment too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What is happening? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening?   What is happening? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is happening?
Page 1 of 1