Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 6:01 pm

» New to Me Swing
Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dr Pulley 24g sliders

Go down 
+4
AAAA
honda_silver
bigbird
ThePPH
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Dr Pulley 24g sliders Empty
PostSubject: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I received my Dr Pulley sliders yesterday in the 24 gram weight and I am not awaiting my new belt so that I can replace that while I swap out the weights. I am going to follow the tutorial on this site so I am very thankful to have it to refer to since I am not mechanically inclined and quite reluctant to take apart working equipment in a quest for improvement but I am going to give it a go.

I haven't ready anything specifically on the 24 gram weights as far as performance is concerned so I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this weight and what I should see in relation to 0 MPH to 60 MPH and 50 MPH to 80 MPH where most passing occurs. After all, that is precisely why I bought these. I just hope that fuel economy doesn't suffer too significantly compared to stock.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:18 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Now that you mention it I do not have a very extensive tool set up. I do have a buddy that I can count on with almost everything. I might order the special holding tool just to make sure everything is as close to flawless as possible with this bit of maintenance. I am going to read up and make sure that I do have everything ready to go so there will be no costly errors. Thanks for pointing those things out. I did remember reading about the special tool and configuring a homemade tool that could be used instead. I am really glad I did the reading up on this because for such a cheap price and fairly straight forward install I'm hearing the improvement is quite noticeable and a good bang for the buck! I would think that this will be a better long term solution than switching to the J Costa variator even though the performance improvement won't be as dramatic. I am planning to get the HiT new gen clutch and customize the springs to my style of driving a little further down the road too. After all of the maintenance improvements are taken care of and getting brake pads and tires replaced I can start spending money on the exhaust and fuel computer to really get this scoot where I want her performance wise. I really don't care about dynoing the scooter anymore as long as I am happy with the seat of the pants feel I receive after I accomplish all of these changes. I do wish we had wheel options for our scooters. I would like a lighter and wider option for the drive wheel at the very least.

Thanks Again,
Scott
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:07 pm

x

Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:23 pm

If you have a weight scale I would measure each slider separately.

We have a small scale that measures down to .1 grams. I measured the sliders there were several that were slightly heavier than the rest.

hI re-measured and put the sliders in the same weight matching pile. When I installed the sliders, I placed the heavier weights opposite from each other and then filled in the rest with the remaining sliders.
Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:32 pm

I really appreciate that and it sounds like a necessity. If their quality control is not perfect then I could see where it would be beneficial to make such an adjustment to the placement of each weight. I am sure I can go to the local smoke shop and grab a scale that measures in tenths of a gram because they are likely to have some very accurate digital scales.

Thank you for that advice. There really is a lot of things I want to do but I have to curb my appetite for perfection due to money constraints. This is precisely why I chose the weights and not the j costa. Along with the quick wear issues that are associated with changing to j costa's variator over the sliders. I will take less performance if it means less wear and tear on the scoot.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:37 pm

x

Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:44 pm

No I meant the J Costa variator itself having issues with wearing out and needing medical attention after 10,000 miles. I'd have to say I was over eager in the beginning stages of ownership and with time I have seen this machine for what it is. I'm just more content to enhance what is already there rather than trying to change the entire reasoning behind such a vehicle. I'll turbo a V-ROD if my commissions start increasing and I make a few hundred thousand. I literally ride my SWing to work every single day so it sees at least 30 miles 5 days per week. I think longevity is a concern now that I realize that I want to ride all the time more than I enjoy driving my BMW 330Ci convertible, believe it or not
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:47 pm

x

Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:57 pm

Oh I would love to get one but the cost and availability have been an issue since I bought my Swing and the thought of having to do that kind of maintenance every 10k miles just worried me a little because I'm never truly comfortable with digging into the mechanical parts of the scoot. I don't mind un-screwing plastic or messing with intake filters but my competency for such things is low and I don't want to risk breaking anything. I wish someone who knew more was close to my location so that I could have a team mate help me not mess things up.
Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:05 pm

I should get my new belt by Monday and I will give it a go next week - I'm pretty impatient when it comes to things like this but I gotta change that belt out because I have no idea when it was changed the first time or if it was changed and I now have 27,500 miles
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:16 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:14 am

ThePPH wrote:
I'll turbo a V-ROD if my commissions start increasing and I make a few hundred thousand.
I want to ride all the time more than I enjoy driving my BMW 330Ci convertible, believe it or not
disbelief

Sounds like you can pay to have all your work done for you.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:36 am

A few hundred thousand?
To turbo a vrod?
A bone stock 1983 Suzuki gs1100e is faster than a vrod drag bike, by 6+ lengths!

I think your full of ****.
You've definitely exhibited a complete lack of knowledge of anything concerning motors.

There, i said what everyone else has been thinking rolling laughter Mybad!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:15 pm

catfight interest
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:32 pm

Easy now, boys... not everyone's a motorcycle guru... even you 'started' somewhere, sometime. This forum is "suppose" to be the NICE one.
Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 2:58 pm

I don't let that get to me at all. Everyone is really tough and opinionated behind the safety of their computer. It's been the same since I was in my early 20's on SuperHonda - I'm not claiming to know much about motorcycles or scooters. This is my first scooter beside a Honda Gyro in high school back in 1991 so I ask for advice here but if I mention anything else that is what people want to target. I said if commission gets better I could turbo a V Rod tongue in cheek comment not to be taken seriously. I live in a very nice upscale suburb of Phoenix just east of Scottsdale but I am not claiming to be a millionaire or anything. I have a 2004 BMW 330 CI convertible that I make payments on and don't get to drive because my Fiancee' is always driving it while I drive the SilverWing every day to work. Not sure what I said that is drawing a BS flag or getting all the flamers so flamey but it just shows the maturity level of folks who really should be more mature. Again, everyone feels really tough behind their computer. I'm a 36 y.o. male that is a former baseball player and boxer and I have two young boys. Everything I speak is the truth about what I know and don't know so I am not sure where these comments even come from. If anyone would like to meet me in person please shoot me a PM and let's talk.
Back to top Go down
lesley & John
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
lesley & John

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:21 pm

hi pph im running 21g and 24 g rollers with mallossi variator and mallossi clutch that engages around 3200rpm for good take offs.i think im around the 5 second mark 0 to 60 and can show just about 113mph.to put accelleration into context my brother rides a xbs 1200 buell.we both were doing 30mph he was in top gear and we decided to go up to 80mph.so side by side at 30 i give it some lets just say he wasnt no were near it wasnt until he was in 3rd gear that he could stay with me and then only gain 1 or 2 bike lengths from 30 to 80.so that just goes to show how quick a tuned swing can be.the problem i found is that im doing this kind of acelleration all the time because its just god dam so easy take it easy out there.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:25 pm

lesley & John wrote:
we both were doing 30mph he was in top gear and we decided to go up to 80mph.

A 30 mph top gear roll-on in a Buell?
What kind of Buell owner drives around in top gear at 30 mph?
Back to top Go down
goldwinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
goldwinger

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Not sure bb, but my Usylesses would cough and fart and jump about if I tried to do 30mph in 5th!!! 1st & 2nd are good "round town" gears, then accelerate to 60, change up etc etc.

Ian
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:55 pm

bigbird wrote:
lesley & John wrote:
we both were doing 30mph he was in top gear and we decided to go up to 80mph.

A 30 mph top gear roll-on in a Buell?
What kind of Buell owner drives around in top gear at 30 mph?

When i bought my last GSXR, (now my track bike) My girlfriend at the time was looking at the owners manual and showed me the shifting schedule for it. Suzuki recommended shifting INTO 6th gear at 47 M.P.H.! In reality, 6th is way up over 180.

I miss Phoenix.
Hey BigBird, if we go together i remember this tiny Italian place on 7th Ave. just south of Thomas that had real aged Lasagna, spectacular stuff, really!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 24g sliders   Dr Pulley 24g sliders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr Pulley 24g sliders
Page 1 of 1