Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Daryl from Grand Coulee WA

Go down 
+10
Elklander
JeffR_
GaryL
DennisB
Waspie
Meldrew
Buickguy
"Hi Yo"
model28a
Acquit
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Daryl from Grand Coulee WA Empty
PostSubject: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:05 am

Hello everyone. I'm Daryl, 48yo lawyer who rode a scooter (Honda Elite) about 27 years ago in college and decided to ride again. I had a friend from college who just bought a Silverwing and in looking into it I decided to give it a shot again, particularly as it seems that scooters have grown up in the last 30 years.

I am originally from England (Stevenage, Herts) and now I live in Grand Coulee, WA - the area has some of the most amazing riding roads of anywhere I've been in the US. I picked up my Silverwing last Thursday a few days after passing the MSF safety course which I am so glad I took and today was my first decent length ride. A 120 mile ride through the Colville Indian Reservation, down to the Keller- Wilbur Ferry and back through Almira. It was fantastic fun though some of the twisties were pretty nerve wracking for such little time back in the saddle.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:29 am

Daryl welcome to the best Silver Wing site on the web.You are doing every thing right.As you already know all you need to do now is get as much saddle time you can.Of coarse it will all be in the name of learning. Wink And hay if you happen to have a lot of fun at the same time it's not your fault.
Back to top Go down
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:59 am

model28a wrote:
Daryl welcome to the best Silver Wing site on the web.You are doing every thing right.As you already know all you need to do now is get as much saddle time you can.Of coarse it will all be in the name of learning. Wink And hay if you happen to have a lot of fun at the same time it's not your fault.

Right on - actually my job is so stressful my wife was actually glad to see me buy a bike for some stress relief, I suspect she thinks the bike offers better odds than a job related heart attack.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Daryl from Grand Coulee WA 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:29 am

Welcome to the forum Daryl. We have a dedicated area for our European riders. Might bring back some good memories, Also, by using the search function you can find information on a lot of areas. Enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:46 am

Welcome aboard/
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:05 am

Hello Daryl, nice to hear you're enjoying your Silverwing up there in Washington state. You should be Our Man in America. Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:20 am

Hello Daryl, and welcome. Good choice of scooter, the 'Wing' is superb and hope it will offer some stress relief for you. (It does for me.) The best part of work is the commute there and back only spoilt by the bit in the middle!!!!

Welcome again, you HAVE found the best Honda Silver WIng site on planet Earth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:10 am

Hello Daryl,

Welcome aboard. sunny
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:19 am

Welcome, Daryl... Glad to see that you are back in the saddle again! I ride, at least in part, for stress relief as well. Great tonic!
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Daryl,

Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy the site. The SWing is a nice bike and will take you anywhere. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Elklander
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Elklander

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Welcome Eastside neighbor. My wife and I ride over to Sunlakes and Chelan a couple times a year.Enjoy your SWing.We love ours.
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Welcome, Daryl! I'm new here myself and also new to the Swing although I have other bikes. This is a really nice community here. I've already learned a lot. I'm sure you will too.
Back to top Go down
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:43 pm

Elklander wrote:
Welcome Eastside neighbor. My wife and I ride over to Sunlakes and Chelan a couple times a year.Enjoy your SWing.We love ours.

We were at the WA Crim Def Lawyer's annual bash at Campbells at Chelan this weekend - if you stray out towards our way (which I'd recommend for some beautiful rides) drop me a line.

Try this one if you're out this way it includes the Grand Coulee Dam, a Mountain Pass, Free Ferry Ride, and some amazing twisty roads for a flat 100 mile run:

http://tinyurl.com/5wz53p6
Back to top Go down
Alon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Alon

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi Daryl welcome to the silver wing family cheers
Back to top Go down
teachwisdom51
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:46 pm

Welcome Daryl,
From your old buddy Bob. Hope you have fun! I have been riding steadily for 6 mos. now and feel much more confident. I knew the class info, but now am getting comfortable with what the vehicle can do and how to get it to do what I want without thinking.

I wear a yellow (sleeveless)vest with reflective stripes over a (mesh) armored jacket, gloves. Full helmet, but am looking for a yellow one. I also wear(mesh) armored pants occasionally on long trips. Gets very hot and humid here, and mesh works., nice removable liner in pants/coat takes me thru most of the cold season. Have not ridden in rain yet, but I have a raincoat.

I put on one mod. a super bright led light for rear brake turn signal(admore lighting) that is awesome(see my story on this board). I also have a corbin seat with two(big O ring) backrests(driver and passenger) that the previous owner put on ( for which I am thankful). I have back support and can ride all day in comfort.

My scooter is a major stress reliever and fun toy for running to town plus great gas mileage. I have seen eagle, deer, snakes, coyote and fox while riding.

Are you commuting? What is that like?

One of the best parts is the social bit that comes when buying gas and people ask me, "what is that?" and then they get a big smile.2 Harley guys really looked it over a week ago, lots of questions. 2 other people have told me they were getting one. On the highway the power is incredible. Just so much fun, just stay safe and again welcome. You have a beautiful place to ride.This is a great site, and the folks are very welcoming.
Back to top Go down
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:53 pm

teachwisdom51 wrote:
Welcome Daryl,

Are you commuting? What is that like?

I will start commuting on it next month, I ride-share with one of my staff attorneys, however she is leaving at the end of the month so as soon as she's gone I'll ride the SWing to work. I'm looking forward to it - my ride is down past the Grand Coulee Dam and up along some awesome countryside for about 15 miles. Stress relief indeed.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:05 am

Welcome from another member...
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daryl from Grand Coulee WA   Daryl from Grand Coulee WA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daryl from Grand Coulee WA
Page 1 of 1