Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:09 am

» Drive belt prices
Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Got in a short ride today!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Got in a short ride today! Empty
PostSubject: Got in a short ride today!   Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:07 pm

36 hours after a 12" snowfall (18" in some parts of Denver) I pulled my SWing out of the garage and went for a ride. I thought I wouldn't be able to get in a ride for another week but the weather got really warm here Friday and the roads cleared. What a major melt off, crazy. I guess the scooter gods wanted me to ride. I've got the itch bad and can't wait till I can ride every day. :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got in a short ride today!   Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:31 pm

I know what you mean I cant wait get off work sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got in a short ride today!   Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:43 pm

Yes, it is a month later and now I look forward to riding my SWing to work every day. I just have to watch for the afternoon showers that occur from time to time. I'm very happy now. swing Smile
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Got in a short ride today!   Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:13 am

Mike,

Are you able to ride most days now? I bet it is tough not being able to ride year around. Take some pictures of our area when you ride and post some. I'm sure some of us would like to see the mountains. I bet you are very happy now too. chickendance
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Got in a short ride today!   Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:36 pm

I am able to ride most days now. The mornings are still just a bit cool when I go to work (5:15 am) to ride. I will be taking photos of my rides and will be posting them. Smile
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Got in a short ride today!   Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:53 pm

As I sit looking out of a west window, the mountains are a lovely shade of cloudy grey (no mountains in sight, and they are only 9 miles away!) It has been trying to rain all day, high temp in the late 40's.

I did get a ride in yesterday, tho. Bought a new pair of boots to replace the 16 yr old BMW boots that I had (as I get older my feet get wider, so they no longer fit well). The parts guy at Longmont Kawasaki used to work for one of the local BMW dealers, so he knew what sort of boot I was looking for and had one that fit in stock. Nice guys there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com

PostSubject: Re: Got in a short ride today!   Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:30 pm

We had great weather last week in Ohio, we actually had some days in the 80's. A bit unusual for this time of year. Tomorrow looks great after a few days of rain so I will get out and ride. My dealership in Richmond, In, has their open house tomorrow. You get a percentage off of things you order...good deals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got in a short ride today!   Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:00 pm

Looks like we here in Dever are headed for a rainy weekend. I put the cover on my SWing and will wait it out. Sad Hope everyone else has sunny skies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got in a short ride today!   Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:03 am

Got mine as far as the Garage door. :-( Well at least it's uncovered and pointed out.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Got in a short ride today!   Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:41 am

I plan on going for a ride today but not sure how long of one. It is cloudy and was rainy the last couple of days but is not supposed to rain until later tonight. Usually out here the rain stops by now. But I guess we still need some.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Got in a short ride today!   Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:07 pm

Went to the dealer open house and paid for half my new Givi trunk. I ended up just getting the black one. They said there was a chance for rain but it was great and I was able to ride for quite awhile. Just love the bike!!!!
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Got in a short ride today!   Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:09 pm

driftwoodpoint wrote:
Went to the dealer open house and paid for half my new Givi trunk.

Which one??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got in a short ride today!   Got in a short ride today! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got in a short ride today!
Page 1 of 1