Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the home for Honda SilverWing and everyone interested. This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing and its dedicated riders. Please post an introduction when you join as a sign of Courtesy.
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Display results as :
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Introduction From the Deep South
by Draco Today at 5:57 am

» Greetings from Russia.
by Draco Today at 5:28 am

» Tailgaters
by Old Limey Today at 5:26 am

» SW shocks.
by Meldrew Today at 5:11 am

» Leaning In Curves
by DickO Yesterday at 11:37 pm

» I love my job.....
by Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 4:52 pm

» Honest Tonto it happened that way.
by "Hi Yo" Yesterday at 2:02 pm

» Interesting facts
by "Hi Yo" Yesterday at 1:57 pm

» A warning to the peoples of the USA or "Beware the Ides of March"
by Pastor Ron Yesterday at 1:45 pm

» 2006 FSC600 for sale, British Columbia
by willajabir Yesterday at 9:58 am

free forum
Share | 

I added another state to my list.

Go down 
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: I added another state to my list.   Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Today the girlfriend and I decided to take a ride. We've been planning on adding more states to our list so we looked up the closest point in Nebraska to us and discovered a little town called Rulo. There's nothing much there except a bar&grille and a historical marker, but it *IS* in Nebraska so that became our destination.

It was a sunny day but the upper 60's temperature was a tad chilly for an all day ride, but not unbearable. I mapped out the ride on Google maps and found some back roads to take. Unknown to us, one of the roads I chose was Hwy T and while it DID go through, it was not paved the entire length of the way. Also, there was a T in the road and we turned the wrong way, thereby leading us to a different highway, RA. That highway took us back up to I 29 where we found a cool little store.

This store we found was such an interesting place. It has everything: fireworks, liquor, convenience items, hunting supplies, camping supplies, and of course, antiques. If they ain't got it, you don't need it.

Here is a pic of the inside of the place:

After the store we rode through Oregon, MO and then on up to Rulo, NE where I took these three pics. In all three pics the scooter is sitting in the same spot and only I moved.

After all of this we rode back taking some differing back roads (and one not so back road) to Cameron, MO where we had a great dinner at Ma & Pa's Kettle Restaurant. They have some good down home food there and you should stop in if you're in the area.

All in all we had a great day riding and hopefully we'll get to take more trips to more states very soon!
Back to top Go down
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: I added another state to my list.   Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 3072
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: I added another state to my list.   Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:42 pm

It's amazing what you find when you're not even looking for them, Thank's for the report Smorkle.
Back to top Go down
I added another state to my list.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Riding :: Rides and Stories-
Jump to: