Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:11 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!

Go down 
+7
jdeereanton
JeffR
billc.
"Hi Yo"
Waspie
MikeO
acworthpatrick
11 posters
AuthorMessage
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2011-03-28

New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! Empty
PostSubject: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Last Weekend I finally decided to purchase my 2004 Honda Silverwing with 6100 miles on it, so far I am loving this bike.

It handles so nice in heavy rain and thunderstorms to, just love it so far. Dealer is throwing on a new back tire next weekend, and the front tire still has plenty of tread left on it.

I did have a concern regarding the drive belt, since its only at 6k, should I go ahead and do a drive belt replacement now, or is time not a serious factor to belt life?

I've been riding the past 2.5 years on my 2008 Qlink Legacy 250cc automatic motorcycle which has also been a great bike, very reliable machine. 42,000 miles and counting, decided to keep it as well, can't have to many bikes Surprised

New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! Img00111

New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! Dscf7513

Last edited by acworthpatrick on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Hello Patrick and welcome!
Glad you're enjoying your Silverwing so much already.

I don't think you need to worry about the belt for a few miles yet.
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Thanks - just wanted to make sure this belt doesn't rot from age before the mileage comes due. Smile

Pretty sure I don't want to end up pushing this thing no place LOL
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Welcome Patrick, like Mike says, you have a wee while before you start to think about the belt.

There a few useful tips on here regards belt squeal and the like and they work.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Welcome to the forum Patrick. I noticed on your profile that one of your hobbies is working on bikes. Well, there are a lot of helpful tutorials on working on the Silverwing. You may have to filter different opinions, but most people on this forum are very helpful. Difference of opinions is what makes it so great. If not, we'd all be riding red( the fastest), blue(the prttiest), silver(the best), or whatever the person owns. Enjoy the ride. small moped small moped small moped SILVER REALLY IS THE BEST!
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Patrick, Welcome and i hope you get to enjoy riding in the N. Ga. areas~ billc.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your SWing. I totally agree with "Hi-Yo"... Silver is the best !!! I have had my SWing for 4 years and still love riding it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:15 am

Silver may be best but Blue is Beautiful!

(No prizes for knowing where the quote comes from but think of the kudos!)
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:50 am

Welcome to the forum - Enjoy the ride.

I resized and reposted your pictures, 800x600 is best size to prevent viewer problems for most.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:20 am

jdeereanton wrote:
Welcome to the forum - Enjoy the ride.

I resized and reposted your pictures, 800x600 is best size to prevent viewer problems for most.

Thanks for fixing my pictures. I realized later after posting it how big they were LOL! Smile
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:22 am

Are there any group rides around the Atlanta area that anyone knows of?
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:53 pm

Patrick, I've got a 2003 with a little over 14,000 miles on it. Got it with 4000 miles on it 1 1/2 yrs ago. I still use the original belt without any problems. I replaced the variator with a J Costa around 6500 miles, and the belt looked fine then - no cracks.

I used the tires until the rear was worn out, then replaced both. You might want to replace both instead of just the rear. Tires are exposed to more sunlight and ozone than the belt is, and can degrade the rubber quality of the tires.
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:07 am

buddy19520 wrote:
Patrick, I've got a 2003 with a little over 14,000 miles on it. Got it with 4000 miles on it 1 1/2 yrs ago. I still use the original belt without any problems. I replaced the variator with a J Costa around 6500 miles, and the belt looked fine then - no cracks.

I used the tires until the rear was worn out, then replaced both. You might want to replace both instead of just the rear. Tires are exposed to more sunlight and ozone than the belt is, and can degrade the rubber quality of the tires.

I just worry now about those pesky belts, I pushed the qlink legacy 4 miles once to a safe place to work on it when the belt broke, it wasn't fun! Rolling Eyes

I know the qlink weighs 366lbs dry, the silverwing feels like the double that weight LOL.
Back to top Go down
lewjayjr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2017-11-02

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 2:37 pm

Patrick and Bill C. Ya'll come on down to Warm Springs when it warms up. Great riding down here. I have an 02 Silverwing and traded my 85 Honda V30 for it. Love being able to stretch out my legs. I'm 72 and don't like having the legs bent when riding.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 2:53 pm

Hey , Patrick, welcome to the SWing forum. I have seen your videos on Youtube and I couldn't help but notice that we have similar taste in bikes. My previous bikes mirror almost exactly yours, among them: Honda Helix, SWing, Honda VLX, and coincidentally, I'm looking for a pre-1995 Vulcan 500. I saw your video on yours ! I am down to just the SWing currently. I have also considered buying a Honda PC 800, which you also own. I missed a good buy on one early last year.
Weird coincidence, eh !
Back to top Go down
lewjayjr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2017-11-02

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 3:11 pm

Cotetoi, I had a 95 PC800 for a couple of years. Really liked it but it got where it was too heavy. Actually seemed top heavy and I had a case where I was trying to get it up on the center stand and dropped it. PC was good but you had to remove so much tupperware just to get to the battery.
Back to top Go down
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Guys, don't know if ya'll noticed, but this post was 6 years ago and Patrick hasn't had any posts in 4 years. According to his y-tube channel, he is now sporting a Goldwing.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 7:57 am

Hey, Larry, we were beating a dead horse. Thanks for the heads-up ! I am blaming the Arctic air mass in the area for my brain freeze.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!   New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Silverwing owner from Acworth, GA!
Page 1 of 1