Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» New to Me Swing
Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Shinko????

Go down 
+8
RickV
tarmacburner2
toolboxjesse
"Hi Yo"
Darkeswinger
masscoot
JeffR
smr96
12 posters
AuthorMessage
smr96
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-03-23

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Just bought a used '05 w/13k mi. Guy put a new rear tire on but... its a Shinko SR568. I'm thinkin' he probably asked for cheapest tire that would fit or maybe thats all they had. Anyone had any experience w/these tires? For all I know they may be fine but... Shinko??? The fronts an IRC SS-530F thats shot and needs replaced. Was planning on just getting both changed but if the rear IS a decent tire I'll just get a front Shinko to match.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:20 pm

I haven't heard too many good things about the Shinko but maybe they aren't that bad. Maybe others here have used them. I put IRC's on my Majesty and they did great but I hear they aren't that good on the SWing though. I have had the Hoops (EOM), Diablo's, and the Metzlers. and I would recommend the Diablo's or Metzlers. The Hoops may last longer but I think the Diablo's and Metzlers are smoother and stickier too in the twisties. Good luck and tell us what you do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:42 pm

I've never used them, apparently they are made from the same (compound) recipie as Yokohama motorcycle tires. I just checked and they do make our sizes and both the S & P rated:

120/70/14 = SR567F $30-$40
Speed Ratings: S (115mph), or P (94mph)

150/70/13= SR568R $32-$54
Speed Ratings: S (115mph), or P (94mph)

Not sure anyone has tried them, let us know how they perform.
Favorites around here are: Pirrelli Diablo, Bridgestone Hoops, IRC, Metzeler and others with differing mileage wear and performance characteristics,
Back to top Go down
Darkeswinger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Darkeswinger

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-06-11

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:12 am

I replaced the original Hoop with a Shinko rear tire. Holds air, and no problems so far, just over a thousand miles so far. I don't push speed or corners, but I like it.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Shinko???? 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:47 pm

OOPS. I posted on the wrong post, Mea culpa. Senior moment? No, old fart stupidity.
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Can anybody provide an update on their experience with the Shinkos? I am due for a new set of tires soon and $90 for front and rear sounds pretty good. Otherwise I might try the new Michelins that just came out for $125.

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:55 pm

It has always been advised to put the same makes on both tyres, so to the original poster get a Shinkos for the front.

To Toolboxjesse,
I have had a pair of Metzeler Feel Free Wintecs fitted to both my Silverwing and my Burgman. Very pleased with them. I would suggest giving them a try - and over here they are reasonable money.

Cheers,

Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:58 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:

To Toolboxjesse,
I have had a pair of Metzeler Feel Free Wintecs fitted to both my Silverwing and my Burgman. Very pleased with them. I would suggest giving them a try - and over here they are reasonable money.

Cheers,

I don't see Wintecs from either of the 2 online stores I buy from. They only have the Feel Frees currently.
What kind of mileage are you getting from the metzelers?

jesse
Back to top Go down
RickV
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
RickV

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-11-28

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Can't speak to Shinko's on a SW but do have a set on my 2006 Aprilia Scarabeo - right now I have about 4k on them and expect the rear to be replaced at 5k vs 7k for the Michelin Gold Stds I had before. The front looks brand new. Also, these are 16" vs 13 and 14" on the SW.

Installed the Shinko's before heading out to the STO last year in Eureka Springs, AR and happy with the performance - rode in rain down and back and they felt as good or better than the Gold Stds. They also perform well in the dry - I'm pleased with them but of course would like more mileage.

Rick V
Back to top Go down
ucwinters
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-01-07

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:44 pm

I've had 2 Shinko rear tires on my ST1300 motorcycle and no complaints about the quality of the tire or the grip. It's a softer compound than some of the other m/c tires so you give up a little in mileage but then again the tire doesn't cost as much so you gain a little there.
It is my understanding that Shinko bought out Yokohama so no issues w/ quality.
I wouldn't hesitate to put them on the Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:01 am

Thanks for all of your feedback. I find myself driving about 500 miles per week these days so rear tire longevity is a big deal to me. The Michelin Pilot rears have been going 5-6k miles (at 40 psi) and the front still has decent tread after 12000 or so miles (at 40 psi). Ideally I would like to go as long as possible between tire swaps.

Jesse
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Shinko's are awesome, been running them on my silverwing since I got it and they last about 8000 on the back and 15,000 on the front. Ride great, handle great and they are cheap Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom G
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tom G

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-09-10

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Shinko Tires   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 7:04 am

Has any heard of, and/or tried Shinko Tires? I have it on very good authority that these tires are just as good as Bridgestone Hoops. And the price is substantially less than Bridgestones. And far, far less expensive than Michelin or Pirelli tires. Below is their site. Any opinions or reports?

http://www.shinkotireusa.com/product/index.php?category=5
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 8:03 am

Just browsed through the range and the closest has only a 115mph speed rating. Whilst probably good enough for most riding if you did want to open the throttle you may be taking the tyre beyond its limits.

Apart from that, here in the UK I can get Hoops for about the same money. So for me - the proven Hoops would win the argument. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Sponsored content

Shinko???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko????   Shinko???? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shinko????
Page 1 of 1