Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex

Go down 
+22
bikerboy
hotwings
manttila
GHM-PM
Meldrew
Regio
SonnyO
NWSSC
DaveR
"Hi Yo"
craigory
trouble1100
model28a
bigbird
honda_silver
oli18
martywinger
sonuvabug
JeffR
billc.
mdumas72118
DennisB
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:49 am

First topic message reminder :

GPS Mount – Designed to give ease of installation and maximum strength, holding your electrical devices (GPS, IPod, Cell Phone, and Cameras) in a location that provides the best visibility, and sound quality while moving down the road.

Requires the purchase of RAM Mount 1” Ball P/N RAM-B-236U. I provide the Stainless Steel Flat Washer and Nut to install the Ram Ball.

Ram Ball information: http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045050051054085/Default.aspx

(Do a little shopping, you can find RAM-B-236U for a better price and at a lower shipping cost).

Price for the Custom Honda Silverwing/Reflex GPS Mount is $37.00 USD and shipping is $4.50 USD (USPS First Class Mail to any where in the world).

If your interested in purchasing a GPS mount for your Honda scooter: dennis.berney@gmail.com or send a PM through this forum.

GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 Mount510

GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 Mount310

GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 Gps_mo12

If you have difficulty buying RAM products in your country, just let me know and I will buy what you need and send it along with my Silverwing mount. This might mean a higher shipping cost internationally.

Thank You sunny
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:14 am

I received my mounting hardware and Electrical plug from Dennis yesterday. I'm just waiting for the Ram components to arrive and I'll be good to go. Kudos to Dennis for all his help.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Dennis makes some fine products. Everything I have seen from him is top quality.
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:12 am

I installed my DennisB GPS mount this weekend. I took a few "under the hood" photos while hooking everything up. GPS installation is a link to my photobucket album. The photos there are much larger than I can post in my album here.

Two words of warning: Wink

1. Make sure you know exactly what model your GPS is. I knew I had a Garmin Nuvi 260. What I did not realize is that I own a 260W. Of course, the mounting brackets are different. Even though the installation is done, I cannot mount the GPS until the new bracket gets here on Wednesday or Thursday. Sad

2. When you mount the Dennis' GPS bracket, make damn certain that the RH storage bin is in place and not open like this photo shows. You drop one of the handlebar cover spacers down there, it'll drop all the way to the bottom of the fairing and it'll be a real bitch to get out! frustrated

GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 GPS0003_zps999895f5
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:29 am

Thanks for sharing Gyro. I plan on ding something like that also. I have the Dennisb GPS mount installed but haven't hooked up the usb power yet. Where did you tap into for the power?
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:53 am

My guess is the headlight as that is on only with the ignition.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:11 pm

RichG wrote:
Thanks for sharing Gyro. I plan on ding something like that also. I have the Dennisb GPS mount installed but haven't hooked up the usb power yet. Where did you tap into for the power?

Hmmm, I could swear I replied to this earlier.....

Use the DennisB headlamp connector with pigtail leads. It comes with crimp-on bullet connectors that attach to the bare ends of the power supply lead wires. The connector plugs in between the headlamp power socket and power plug. That's the tan colored socket at the top of the photo.

GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 GPS0001_zps7c7011de
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks Gyro. If you answered this previously I missed it or forgot I read it.
Getting older has this effect on me!
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:19 pm

RichG wrote:
Thanks Gyro. If you answered this previously I missed it or forgot I read it.
Getting older has this effect on me!

Naaah, I did something wrong, or the forum hiccupped and it didn't post. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:50 am

I've completed my DennisB GPS installation! Smile

GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 GPS0008_zps8ca1db3b

I immediately noticed the same problem others have mentioned - Glare! I'm going to order the Glare-Stomper, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Lexerd, or other similar brands, anti-glare screen along with the Glare-Stomper shade?

Addenum: I see the Lexerd advertised as an anti-glare screen protector, but all the reviews mention only the protection aspects. Still, probably a good thing to add for a GPS screen exposed to the elements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2