Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Today at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Yesterday at 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500?

Go down 
+2
redeye
bigbird
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500?   Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:18 pm

The 20 yr old kid Trevor Bayne did a fantastic job winning the biggest race of the NASCAR season.

The twin car push-pull strategy was quite something to watch.

Very entertaining.

Back to pining for Spring.
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500?   Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Yes, that was a great drive by Trevor Bayne. He just turned 20 this weekend, and today he joins the elite group of Daytona 500 champions. I have been pulling for Mark Martin for years now. Unfortunately, I'm not sure whether he or Tony Stewart threw an anchor out the window at the last restart. They fell back so fast together, it looked like they were going backwards.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500?   Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Mid-seventies and I had to go riding. A lot of other people had the same idea. Even the Harley riders would wave. I made it back home to watch the last third of the race. Incredible finish. A beautiful day to ride and a great NASCAR race. Altogether a wonderful day. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
RickV
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
RickV

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500?   Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:46 pm

We had a forecast for 12 to 18 inches of snow today and it started at 9:20 AM - just got back from cleaning the drive and around 10" on the level so far and still snowing.

With that to look forward to, spent the day watching the race - was kind of a neat result with a young kid just turned 20 to win Daytona in his second Sprint Cub race - raced smart and stayed away from the 3 wide stuff - don't think there was a mark on his car. Wonder if his part time ride will turn into full time?

Rick V bounce

Want to be done with Winter and back on the scoot!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500?   Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Great race! I think the only marks on his car were at the front and rear bumpers, he wore the decals completely off. Now that football is over it 's time for racing! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500?   Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:55 pm

If only there were racing where the cars went both directions! This silly NASCAR turn left (USAC, too) garbage in VERY FAST billboards is not worth my time. Sorry all. :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com

PostSubject: Re: Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500?   Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:03 am

I get it Jon, that's why they all have drivers for their RV's, because they only know how to make left turns. affraid affraid
The 24 hours of Daytona was interesting.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500?   Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:43 pm

I have to agree with "jon",
You can call it racing if you want to. To me it's just expensive bumper cars out there with those in the stands waiting to see who makes the biggest bump. The idea is "not" the fastest car (if that was true, the pole sitter would win every time)... it's the best obstacle dodger or the best one who can knock the others out of the way (and get away with it).

And I'm not completely devoid of any connection with the sport; my nephew "was" a left (or right - can't remember which) rear tire man on the Carl Edwards car until a couple years ago.

All of this is just my 2-cent, humble opinion; so disregard as necessary. Laughing

But to answer your question... no, I didn't watch the race. Wink Neutral Laughing
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500?   Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:59 pm

My major issue is with the length of these races. I often watch the start and end of races (although only if it's broadcast over-the-air; no cable or satellite in my house), but move on to some project around the house, or go riding, in the middle. The competitive strategy along with the driver and crew interaction is fascinating. As a more extreme example, a good friend of mine isn't a NASCAR fan at all. By his own admission, he craves instant gratification. Perhaps fittingly, he's a huge drag racing fan. To each his own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500?   Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone besides me watch the Daytona 500?
Page 1 of 1