Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Northern England I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
Northern England I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
Northern England I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Northern England I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Northern England I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Northern England I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Northern England I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Northern England I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Northern England I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Northern England I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Northern England

Go down 
+5
walmac
Skippy
midlifecrisis (Paul)
rogerscoot
tarmacburner2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Hello People,

I know it is still cold out there but a bit of forward planning never hurt anyone.

For those of us eeking a miserable and meagre existence 'oop north'. If we can get some meets or rides organised where would be a good place to meet up? If you post your location here and an idea of the number of miles you would be willing to travel for a get-together, also the best days for yourself. I'll use my Autoroute skills and try and find some central places to meet up (away from the plastic rocket boys who attract the boys in blue).
To get the ball rolling - I'm on the Fylde Coast near Blackpool (northern cess-pit) and would be willing to travel up to 100 miles for a meet up, Any day as I'm retired.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Hi friends....i've booked a couple of nights at Travelodge , Scotch corner Skeeby, on 21st and 22nd August to run around the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Dales. Will be wandering up on the way from Nottingham and back Be great if we can make that a date
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:28 am

rogerscoot wrote:
Hi friends....i've booked a couple of nights at Travelodge , Scotch corner Skeeby, on 21st and 22nd August to run around the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Dales. Will be wandering up on the way from Nottingham and back Be great if we can make that a date

As I said on Friday Roger, I wouldn't mind a day out on the 21st (have to be careful though as it is Julies birthday the following week)
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:19 am

Fred,

I'm down here in Exeter, but that doesn't stop me riding anywhere!

If anybody knows of any events or rallies worth traveling to then I'm up for it Smile I'm also a life time member of the CX-GL MCC UK, who organise various events around the UK throughout the year. They are generally a very welcoming bunch of classic riders who would be please to see anybody turn in. Most of the time its camping but they do also use sites with bunk house accomodation/B&B's as well. I'll get a copy of the diary of events for this year as soon as I can and post it up.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Hello Skippy,

Camping is fine with me. Waiting for my Givi P206 rack for the side of the Silverwing so that I can carry the kitchen sink!

Prefer to go somewhere in the evening to get a good meal. I get fed-up with my own attempts at cooking sometimes. Although a bacon and egg butty on a campsite in the morning is good, especially if washed down with hot coffee.

I'm a member of the Camping and Caravan Club, their sites are always top notch.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:38 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Hello Skippy,

I'm a member of the Camping and Caravan Club,

Cheers,

And as you are over 55 you may get a decent discount off their daily rates Laughing
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:14 pm

I'll have to check on that one. Problem is I don't look 56 so I may have to take my birth certificate! Rolling Eyes

The sites all have good facilities which is the main reason I use them. Can't beat a good hot shower after a day playing tourist.

Cheers,

Last edited by tarmacburner2 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:18 pm

Time to get this thread back to it's original purpose.

Northern members (and others if you want to add your details), post your location (town) and how far you would be prepared to travel fo a meet up and I'll try and come up with some good places for meets up.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:31 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:

Northern members (and others if you want to add your details), post your location (town) and how far you would be prepared to travel fo a meet up and I'll try and come up with some good places for meets up.

Cheers,

Otley, Yorkhire Dales,will travel to either coast, Lakes, North Yorks Moors, all dependant on the weather and daylight hours

Paul
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:58 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:

Cheers,

I live in Nottinghamshire near M1Junc 27 and enjoy travel around UK (prefer north rather than south) and across the border into Scotland ...went around the top last year..and Europe.... but I do like a proper bed at night...
Back to top Go down
walmac
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
walmac

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:52 am

I live in Lincolnshire midway between Lincoln and Grimsby abd would be interested in any meets.

Wal.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:38 am

Hi Tarmac Burner , I was up your way on thursday at Glasson dock. Only me there on a scooter, but a couple of motorcyclists[ i don't like the term Biker]. I get out most days as, like you, Iam retired. After riding bikes for 50 yrs i now ride a Silverwing 07 and a Burgman 400. If you get up a ride let me know. When the weather gets better my son in law likes to ride with me on his Burgman650, But although 20yrs younger, he does not like riding in winter Smile
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:25 am

Anyone from my area out on Sunday? I went to Rivington Barn for a looksee, about 2pm, a lot more bikes there than i expected for this time of year. Only one chap on a scooter a new Burgman 400. Had agood chinwag with him and his mates [all in their 70's]. Iwas at Knott end last week, no scooters there. Bye the way if going to Rivington Barn take a flask as they were charging £1.50 for a tea.
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:50 am

Old Limey wrote:
Anyone from my area out on Sunday? I went to Rivington Barn for a looksee, about 2pm, a lot more bikes there than i expected for this time of year. Only one chap on a scooter a new Burgman 400. Had agood chinwag with him and his mates [all in their 70's]. Iwas at Knott end last week, no scooters there. Bye the way if going to Rivington Barn take a flask as they were charging £1.50 for a tea.

No didn't manage to get out at all over the w/e

Too much snow Saturday, and too much garage sorting on Sunday

Paul
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:12 am

Midlifecrisis[Paul] I hope the snow has gone bye now as i travel around your area quite a bit. As i just fitted a new rear tyre i need to run it in and i was planning on doing my Yorkshire run. I come over the moors from Rochdale towards Halifax then cut towards Mythmloyd through Hebden Bridge passing through Haworth towards Keigthly on then over the tops and head for Skipton. I normally stop on the A59 for a brew at Dick Turpins. I then come back through Gisburn and Colne and travel through Fence to pick the byepass up home towards Accrington Haslingden, Holcombe Brook and home
I keep putting up the places I visit and when. Anyone get the Hint?.

Last edited by Old Limey on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:36 am

Old Limey wrote:
Midlifecrisis[Paul] I hope the snow has gone bye now as i travel around your area quite a bit. As i just fitted a new rear tyre i need to run it in and i was planning on doing my Yorkshire run. I come over the moors from Rochdale towards Sheffield then cut towards Mythmloyd through Hebden Bridge passing through Howarth towards Keigthly on then over the tops and head for Skipton. I normally stop on the A49 for a brew at Dick Turpins. I then come back through Gisburn and Colne and travel through Fence to pick the byepass up home towards Accrington Haslingden, Holcombe Brook and home

I am further east than Skipton (about 20 mins if the lights are with you)

Weather over here, apart from today, is forecast for poor but if you are heading over let me know and I will see if I am about for a FREE cuppa.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:16 pm

WOW did I read correctly, a Yorkshireman offering a FREE cup of tea
especially to a Lancastrian, now this will be worth the ride.
How about we meet up at Slaidburn one day, and have a run out to
Glasson Dock. I know some good twisty roads.
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:47 pm

Old Limey wrote:
WOW did I read correctly, a Yorkshireman offering a FREE cup of tea
especially to a Lancastrian, now this will be worth the ride.
How about we meet up at Slaidburn one day, and have a run out to
Glasson Dock. I know some good twisty roads.

Oh yee of little faith

My house is always open to friends for a cuppa!

Watch out for a good day and pm me Smile
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 4:03 pm

Sorry it has taken so long but too many irons in the fire.

Finally put the pushpins in the map and from what I can see the best meeting up place and possibly have a bit of a ride is in the Peak District. Does anyone know this area, my knowledge of it is rather scant. Are they any good meeting places (cafes etc) on the Woodhead Pass road? Only time I have been in this area on the scoot (Burgman 400) was when a mate and myself did the Cat'n'Fiddle road, but that road is crazy at weekends so probably one to miss doing it in a small group.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-03-23

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:47 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Sorry it has taken so long but too many irons in the fire.

Finally put the pushpins in the map and from what I can see the best meeting up place and possibly have a bit of a ride is in the Peak District. Does anyone know this area, my knowledge of it is rather scant. Are they any good meeting places (cafes etc) on the Woodhead Pass road? Only time I have been in this area on the scoot (Burgman 400) was when a mate and myself did the Cat'n'Fiddle road, but that road is crazy at weekends so probably one to miss doing it in a small group.

Cheers,

I've belonged to the Honda www.xrv.org.uk forum for 5-6 years and they have a regular meeting spot at the "Yondermann Caff", but known as "Jellys') and although I have been past it when riding in the area, cannot remember just where it is Smile I will get a satnav location for you shortly.

They even have some camping there I believe, what it is like...

I would not ride that area at a weekend, too many, berluddy mad buggers around! Sad
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3798
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Yondermann Cafe:

http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk/peak-district-cafes-the-yondermann-cafe-nr-buxton-i1010.html

Don't you just love Google! cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:19 pm

I know the Peak district very well and could give you a good run around. How about 10am at Yonderman cafe (see above) on Saturday 16th April....some future date

Last edited by rogerscoot on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-03-23

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:34 am

MikeO wrote:
Yondermann Cafe:

http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk/peak-district-cafes-the-yondermann-cafe-nr-buxton-i1010.html

Don't you just love Google! cheers

You beat me to it!! Here's the reply I had Smile

Re: Jelly's Caff

here ya go;

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=418140&y=375587&z=115&sv=418140,375587&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=783&ax=418140&ay=375587&lm=0

Bikes are still welcome.

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:07 am

Hello Steve.
I have time on my hands so posts like yours get me 'searching' - and I love it!
Thank you for giving me another lead to follow. Smile
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:19 am

I can't make the 16th I'm afraid, camping on the Lakes.

Isn't the Easter holiday (schools) around about that time? Could make the weekend traffic even worse (see SteveR's post).

Hope others can make it.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:19 am

Rogerscoot. I only went on the Cat and Fiddle once, I could not see the attraction personally.I went to Bakewell once also, not very keen on the Peak district, probably because i have to go through Manchester and Stockport to get to it. No doubt someone like yourself who knows the area
would say different.
Tarmac burner. If you are to arrange rideouts i would suggest at least one person knows the route.
I used to post my rides hoping someone would be interested enough to join me,not so.I was on my Yorkshire run with my son in law on Sunday,a really good day out .On Wednesday we went to Settle and on to Bentham before Glasson Dock, again agood day out.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Old Limey wrote:
Tarmac burner. If you are to arrange rideouts i would suggest at least one person knows the route.
I used to post my rides hoping someone would be interested enough to join me,not so.I was on my Yorkshire run with my son in law on Sunday,a really good day out .On Wednesday we went to Settle and on to Bentham before Glasson Dock, again agood day out.

Not arranged any scooter rides but have done many car ones. Always made sure all the cars had details (map, route and mobile phone numbers). I would be in the leading car and made sure that 'Tail End Charlie' in the last car knew the route without having to refer to maps. We often use PMR radios as well to keep in touch.

Easiest way with bikes / scooters if there is a group of riders is use 'Second Man Drop Off'.

Sometime when you are heading to Glasson Dock let me know and I'll try and be there. I'll PM you my mobile number.

Cheers,

Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:32 am

rogerscoot wrote:
I know the Peak district very well and could give you a good run around. How about 10am at Yonderman cafe (see above) on Saturday 16th April....some future date

Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:40 am

Tarmac burner Iam not into commputer speak, i have no idea what PM means. I only have access to a commputer Via my Library. I do have a sort of internet access via a Ubiserfer i bought off one of the shopping channels. Unforunately it won't let me send E mails or do posts. It will let me read things on websites such as this but it does take alot of time.I call into the library a couple of times a week, thats why my resposes a bit erratic Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:13 am

PM = Private Message
On the bottom left of each post are written 'profile' and 'pm' on blue lozenges.
Click on 'pm' to send a message to the person who made the post via the forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4180
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:44 am

Drat! Beaten to the button by ole' Lightning Fingers over in Belgium who's probably eating a plate of pommes frites with mayonnaise with his other hand.

I used the local Library before I got my computer, and also had a fax machine for years. I used it to book accommodation and order bits of kit from Europe and the US.

Meldrew Smile
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:20 am

Old Limey,
Sorry, I made the false assumption that you knew what it was
I have PM'd you my mobile number. PM me your number and I'll give you a ring sometime.
Check your messages on this website.

Cheers,

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:55 am

probably eating a plate of pommes frites with mayonnaise

I wish! We had blood tests two weeks ago, including one for cholesterol, and chips and mayo are definitely off the menu. Sad
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4180
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:01 am

Where's midlife crisis (Paul) gone? He's surely not still eating that Wensleydale cheese he bought from the Hawes Creamery! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Northern England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northern England   Northern England I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Northern England
Page 1 of 1