Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Tyres replacement[ uk riders]

Go down 
+2
BlackFly
Old Limey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Tyres replacement[ uk riders] Empty
PostSubject: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:25 am

The rear tyre on my silverwing needs replaceing. Although i have replaced many motorcyle tyres over the years, and had to experiment till i found the best one's for me[ I mean the ones that not only perform well but, also last longest].An example is i found the tyres recommende for my Deauville where Michelin pilots. I never got more than 4000mls off them. I put Avon storms on and got 11000mls. I would welcome any suggestions from UK riders regarding a good all round tyre, as i do not put my bike away for winter I ride most days weather permmiting. I also use my Suzuki 400 and put a City Grip tyre on the front last year that seems to be doing okay after 5000mls Smile
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:31 am

Did you know the Metzeler Feelfree Wintec?
I had this on my Burgman 650 before and was very happy, with the grip and the mileage. And very important in germany, i don't know your laws, it has the "Winter Tire Spec" The tire is designed for the hole year drivers!
Back to top Go down
walmac
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
walmac

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:41 pm

On my previous Wing I replaced the Bridgestone Hoops with Pirelli Diablos and found them to be very good,also they were much cheaper than the hoops.Will certainly fit them on my present Wing when the Hoops wear out.
I got mine from -www.mytyres.co.uk and had them fitted locally.

Wal. Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 3:02 pm

I stick with the Hoops.

Work for me!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 3:27 pm

Waspie wrote:
I stick with the Hoops.

Work for me!!!!

Me too, Doug!
Back to top Go down
walmac
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
walmac

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:49 am

I agree Hoops work for me before and still do,but I also found the diablos to be just as good a tyre,also the cost difference was quite significant (£28).

Wal.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:20 pm

I had the Diablos but am now trying the Metzlers... They both seem to be good. I do think this new Metzler rides a little softer and less road noise. Maybe I'm just thinking that because they are new.
Old Dave Smile
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:59 am

Thankyou for the feedback.I have heard of the freetec tyre from Metzeler Black Fly. They seem to be a recent tyre in UK, so your info very welcome. Maybe i was misunderstood, Iam not looking for a cheap tyre just one that gives good service and lasts longer than 6500mls
A special thankyou to Waspie for helping me find this post again. Please remember i did not grow up with commputers i just about manage to log on and post. That is why i have no pictures or add ons.
Back to top Go down
walmac
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
walmac

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:53 am

Have a look at www.mytyres.co.uk they have the Metzelers Feelfree Wintec tyres.Have used them before very quick delivery.

Wal.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:58 am

Walmac the site was very use full in showing what tyres are available.
Waspie and Winger61, Hoops may very well be the best tyre, how many miles do you
get per tyre? Have you tried any others? I only bought my scooter in June 10. It had 1300mls on it.At this rate I'll be changing tyres twice a year

Last edited by Old Limey on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additon)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 6:34 am

try "nationalbiketyres" there prices are quite good..
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 6:47 am

Old Limey wrote:
Walmac the site was very use full in showing what tyres are available.
Waspie and Winger61, Hoops may very well be the best tyre, how many miles do you
get per tyre? Have you tried any others? I only bought my scooter in June 10. It had 1300mls on it.At this rate I'll be changing tyres twice a year

I have nearly 8k on my original Hoops and the rear, which as we know is the one that goes off first has still a fair bit of wear left.

My machine is now 17 months old and I am quiet a harsh rider, especially in the corners.

Must edit this due a lightening storm in the brain department!!!

My rear tyre hasn't done 8k miles. I had a puncture at about 3.5k and had to change it so ignore my first rambling!!! So Sorry!! (Age) Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 5:55 am

For anyone interested. I have just had a new tyre fitted. The fitters i use to fit my tyres said, they could not get Metzelers feelfree, as they don't do a rear tyre in this size??. They also said there was a delay in getting Michelins. I opted for the Hoops again. I had the new valve as a normal fitting. I had to contort myself to do a pressure check with the angled valve.
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:10 am

Your fitter should learn to read the catalog Wink
Sorry i only have the german page, but there are 150/70R13 tires for the back or do you have another size in UK?

Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:41 am

Or the english version;

http://www.metzelermoto.com/web/catalog/moto/moto_catalogo_schedaDescription.page?categoria=/catalog/moto/scooter/standard&vehicleType=MOTO&product_id=101874&uri=/metzeler/en_IT/browser/xml/catalog/moto/Scooter_Feelfree.xml&menu_item=/products/catalo
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:50 am

Thats not the same tire!
Metzeler Feelfree Wintec in English (my link)
Metzeler Feelfree (your link)
But both tires are available in 150/70R13

The Wintecs (my Link) have some additional cuts that they will warm up faster and they have the "M&S" specification. I don't know the UK law, but in germany you need the M&S Specification if you ride under "winter Conditions" otherwise you will get a ticket and lost (in case of an accident) your insurance...
The Wintecs are designed for the "whole year drivers" and designed for temperatures at 0°C and wet conditions but without excesive wear!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Getting confused!

The site you refer to is Metzeler International.

The link I used is Metzeler UK.

The Wintec tyre doesn't appear on the UK site, which tends to make me think it either is 1/ illegal in the UK or 2/ (hopefully), the UK site isn't up to date.
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Oh, now i'm also confused...
I clicked your link, then catalog - scooter and then there was the wintec...
Now i clicked my link, selected UK in country and there are only 3 types of tires visible...

Why should the Wintec illegal in UK? Are you not in the EU? Wink Normaly the tires have a EU homologation... Wink

And i think you also have cold wheater and i think you have a few days of rain in the year... The Wintec should be the best choice in my opinion and also according to the description on the international site...
I'm a little bit confused that this tire is not available in UK...
Back to top Go down
walmac
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
walmac

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Both the standard Feelfree and the Feelfree Wintec are available from Mytyres.co.uk.

Its strange that these are not listed on the Metzeler UK site.

Wal.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 5:02 pm

walmac wrote:
Both the standard Feelfree and the Feelfree Wintec are available from Mytyres.co.uk.

Its strange that these are not listed on the Metzeler UK site.

Wal.

Found them, good site, Metzeler, even better price compared to the Hoop.

Next tyre change may just see a change in manufacturer!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:57 am

I know Metzelers do a tyre for the rear of the wing. I didn't want to get into a disagreement so i let it go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyres replacement[ uk riders]   Tyres replacement[ uk riders] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tyres replacement[ uk riders]
Page 1 of 1