Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 9:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Today at 2:47 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Today at 2:27 am

» LF extended back rest
WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Today at 1:54 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 10:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 2:15 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:27 am

» New to Me Swing
WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED

Go down 
+5
roadrunner
randybuck
Skippy
Opalsboy
tarmacburner2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED Empty
PostSubject: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:09 pm

It would appear that Givi are no longer selling the P206 side rack for the Silverwing. Has anyone out there got a rack they no longer need and would be willing to part with it. I'm happy to pay for the rack, postage and packing. If you have one then please PM me and I'll send you my email address. Or if anyone knows of a company that still has one in stock I would be interested.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:32 pm

Found this on Ebay... http://compare.ebay.com/like/380304909500?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Hello Gary,

Looks as if he wont ship to the United Kingdom. Reading the description it would appear that it is only for the soft luggage listed. I want to either put an E21 or an E36 hard case onto it.

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:25 am

Your welcome, I will look some more.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:13 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-SILVERWING-FJS600-GIVI-LUGGAGE-MOUNTING-RACK-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ84147QQitemZ270700708858

Will ship worldwide, but I suspect he maybe right and the two mounting arms for the bracket a missing....... Shouldn't be to hard to fabricate, esp with the extended help available here in this forum.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Skippy,

That is a rack for a topbox. Mine has a Honda topbox fitted. What I'm trying to find is the side rack that mounts on the exhaust side of the scoot.
If worst comes to the worst then I shall be using Kayak bags and a PacSafe security system. Really important stuff (tent, sleeping bag, bed, mattress) will be under the seat (secure and dry).

Apologies for delay in replying but Orange upgraded their system last week and my router wasn't compatible - six days without being able to contact the outside world!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 pm

Jeez a whole 6 days dude - how did you not go stir crazy LOL ????

I know - you went for a ride instead!!

Theres a firm based in Berlin who claim to still have one in stock!
Back to top Go down
randybuck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi. you can look at my pictures to see how I made some. I took v-strom brackets and modified them to fit my silverwing. They work great.
Hope this helps

Randy
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Randy... that is a very nice set up. I don't believe I have seen any better than that.

I love Red.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 5:11 pm

I think I may go down a different route. I have a 55 litre PacSafe. Using some waterproof kayak bags secured within the pacsafe I can carry more on the pillion seat than I could in a givi case mounted on the side. Another advantage of carrying things on the seat is that the weight is kept central, also slightly narrower for getting through traffic. In June we are going to use the Chunnel so to get to Folkestone from Lancashire means using the M25 which can be a gigantic car park if we catch it at the wrong time.
Thanks everyone who looked for me and/or replied - those racks look excellent on Randybuck's machine - all credit to you for that fabrication.

May still do it using a rack but at least now we have an alternative strategy.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
randybuck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Thanks for the compliments on the racks I made. The red is original honda red, the same as my scoot.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Actually ordered a P206 rack this afternoon. But I can still carry some bits in the PacSafe.

Also ordered a Givi Airflow screen today. First ride on the Silverwing made me realise I was actually looking through the screen rather than over the top of it - which is my preferred way of riding. The Airflow should suit me, best of all worlds.

RAM mount fitted to the left hand side brake reservoir for the TomTom. Found I can squeeze the TomTom power cable into the glovebox and use the power socket there. Didn't realise the power socket was live all the time. Is that the norm or has a previous owner done a modification?
This also means the TomTom swaps easily between scooters. Result or what?

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:31 am

Randybuck, I gotta say those V-Strom brackets are gorgeous. How much modification did you have to do?

I looked again and noticed your "extra" footpegs. What did you use and how are they attached?
Back to top Go down
ehaughn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ehaughn

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 am

randybuck,

Those are nice brackets. How difficult was it to modify the v-strom brackets to make it fit on the swing?

randybuck wrote:
Hi. you can look at my pictures to see how I made some. I took v-strom brackets and modified them to fit my silverwing. They work great.
Hope this helps

Randy
Back to top Go down
randybuck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:24 pm

Really not as much modification as I thought. If you have a torch to heat and bend, like a porta torch (oxy acetaline) and a welder you can do it. The mounting under the wing is just a matter of drilling two holes that are all ready there but to smalll in diameter, cut the plastic under wing with a hole saw to accept the mount, enlarge with a drill bit and tap out to accept a 8mm bolt included with the bracket. On the muffler side just cut and bend to attach to the muffler bolt, you will need a longer one. On the left side I had to remove the lower mounting bracket,(all ready mounted to the case bracket) fab one from the extra tubing weld it back on and attached it up front. You also need to move them in closer to the sides of the wing. I suggest two people at the start to help hold items while you tack weld them. I can take close ups pictures if it would help anyone. The nice thing is that by removing 4-5 bolts you can remove them easily.

The foot pegs, I dont remeber where i bought them. How ever they are attached by removing the 10mm lower bolt from the silver foot peg plate. Then i bought a 10mm bolt and welded the peg to it. After that just use it in place of the lower bolt, screw it in, tighten it up turn the peg to where want it and tighten it down. Nice for changing foot position if your legs get tired, plus they fold up out of the way.

If I can be of any help please just ask.

Randy
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:53 pm

randybuck wrote:
Hope this helps

Randy

https://www.silverwing600.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-randybuck-cat_u782.htm

DennisB - Still have your torch? Would you consider this if there were some start-up funds available?
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 pm

Form a queue! Cool
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:40 pm

HI Dale,

Yes, I still have my little mig welder. Randy did a very nice job modifying the mounts...Looks great. I've been getting my scooter ready to give back to Honda Finance Corp. I just can't make the payment any longer...And if I did the bankruptcy court would take the scooter away from me. On the other hand, if I sold the bike they would just take the money from me. pale

If I sold the scooter for the 7 payments I still need to make, The court might think badly of me and not give me a bankruptcy and then I would lose my home. Then I would be homeless. Just another Veteran out on the road living in a cardboard box to stay warm.

I hope they see fit not to take the scooter because it's the only way I have to make a living right now...I still use my bike to set-up trailer hitches so they fit perfect.

I'll be glad when this is all over with... I can always get another Silverwing later in my life. This one sure has been fun cheers

Life go's on and YES, I still make accessories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED   WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WANTED - Givi P206 Rack - WANTED
Page 1 of 1