Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Lovely day I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Lovely day I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 4:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Lovely day I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Lovely day I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Lovely day I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Lovely day I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Lovely day I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Lovely day I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Lovely day I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Lovely day I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Lovely day

Go down 
+3
Skippy
Opalsboy
rogerscoot
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Lovely day Empty
PostSubject: Lovely day   Lovely day I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Sun shining; temperature about 6 degrees Celsius.....what else could one do but go for a ride.....down to Ashby through the country lanes, great bend swinging and back....then had a good washdown....the bike as well....got to start the year with a ride; mustn't lose those skills. Hope some of you have been out and enjoyed today Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Lovely day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely day   Lovely day I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Weather here in South Central Arkansas (USA) is a rare SNOW. We are expecting up to 12 inches before it is over here. There is about 4 inches now and it has only been snowing about 2 1/2 hours. Temp is about 25 F wind is gusting but it is really beautiful. We don't get a lot of snow here.

As some of you know, I am waiting on getting a Trinity Trike kit and my rear wheel is off my Swing. BUT my wife (I really am not sure she hasn't been abducted by aliens and replaced with some robot or something), who is a warm weather rider just said "Gary, if we had the trike now, it would be pretty to ride in the snow." I agree.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Lovely day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely day   Lovely day I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Roger,

Sally & I went out yesterday for a ride around the 'Bay' area here in East Devon (the weather forecast for today was wet - typical it was dry). Living in Exeter we have access to some of the most dramatic and lovely landscape in the whole of the UK (I think anyway). We headed down the coast route and on more than one occasion I commented to Sal that I wished we'd brought along the video camera - the views over the cliffs in the winter sun are awesome. Thankfully the snow has long gone from Devon and the roads are now pretty much clear, infact the main problem comes from the low winter sun reflecting of the damp road surface on occasion.

We ended up at Paignton, on the English Riviera, just along from Torquay - home to the ficticious 'Faulty Towers' run by Basil & Cybil Smile We stopped in at a newly taken over motorcycle shop and I persuaded Sal to accept a new skid lid and jacket as a late Christmas present. The ride back to Exeter via Newton Abott was reasonably quick - I was able to crank the bike upto 75-80 mph without getting a prod in the kidneys; probably down to a new quieter pillions lid perhaps????? Either way it was a great ride, very remanisant of those we used to take 13-14 years ago when I had an EN500 Kwak cruiser!

The only cloud in the sky was when an unmarked police car suddenly lit up behind me, let loose with the two tones and looked as if he was gonna pull me (guilty consicence or what???) and then tore off down the road like somebody was robbing a bank; phew!!

A great afternoon out, but still a bit chilly come the end, enough to make me think I perhaps could use some wind deflectors on the handle bars......
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Lovely day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely day   Lovely day I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:09 pm

I've been to down your area a bit....my favourite camera shop is in Brixham (Mifsuds). Walked from Brixham to Paignton around the cliffs; seen the Tall Ships in 2005. Hopefully meet you when I have a couple of evenings in Tiverton in April.
ps Hoping to fit Suzuki handguards this week..if completed I'll do a write up
Back to top Go down
wingmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
wingmann

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Lovely day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely day   Lovely day I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:48 pm

I took my new Silverwing out for it's maiden voyage yesterday I had so much fun I did not feel cold at all it was 10 Fahrenheit I think that equals -12.2 Celsius most of the back roads are snow covered but when I got to the Highway the highway was dry the Silverwing ran great vary smooth. You all know how it is you got this new silverwing sitting in your garage and you have to wate till spring for the snow to go away befor you drive it for the firist time. I am glad I took it out . I think I can now make it to spring . Maybe 3 months to go.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Lovely day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely day   Lovely day I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:51 pm

I envy you. Mrs Waspie and I spent most of the day sorting out 20 years of gear from the loft.

My old service uniform has now gone, as has all the kids Star Wars figures and a plethora of all that stuff we wont throw away!!!! Well, today I did!!!!

A bike ride would have done wonders compared to a stuffy loft.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Lovely day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely day   Lovely day I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Geeze Waspie, retrieve that Starwars junk and e bay it!!! that could be $$$$$$$$$$ in your pocket from collectors
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Lovely day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely day   Lovely day I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:31 am

KurtPerthWA wrote:
Geeze Waspie, retrieve that Starwars junk and e bay it!!! that could be $$$$$$$$$$ in your pocket from collectors

Toooooo late- all gone. They were all 'used' figures and have defo seen better wars!!! sorry days! I looked on ebay to see if it was worth while and they seem to go from £1 GBP to around £15 GBP for a mint condition boxed. None of mine fit that category, more the sub £1 mark.

So, any one who recovers them, catalogues photographs, sets up an eBay account and such has my best wishes.

Me! I really can't be bothered.

One more box to go - assorted junk and thats the last 30 plus years of my past thrown away. More room in the garage for the Wing and it's associated 'junk'. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Lovely day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely day   Lovely day I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:46 am

wingmann wrote:
I took my new Silverwing out for it's maiden voyage yesterday I had so much fun I did not feel cold at all it was 10 Fahrenheit I think that equals -12.2 Celsius most of the back roads are snow covered but when I got to the Highway the highway was dry the Silverwing ran great vary smooth.

You are either the most dedicated Swing rider, the most insane, John Grinsel's half brother, or all of the preceding. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Lovely day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely day   Lovely day I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:55 am

[quote="bigbird

You are either the most dedicated Swing rider, the most insane, John Grinsel's half brother, or all of the preceding. :lol!: [/quote]

Don't curse the fella before he's even started BB!! scratch
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Lovely day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely day   Lovely day I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:35 am

Skippy wrote:

Don't curse the fella before he's even started BB!! scratch

One of the 3 comments was a compliment. The question is which one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lovely day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely day   Lovely day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lovely day
Page 1 of 1