Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» noise under load
Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Today at 4:16 pm

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Today at 2:21 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Today at 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone

Go down 
+4
The Scootist
masscoot
Hammy
tankyuong
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone Empty
PostSubject: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:24 am

Difference in rpm's was 200 less. Rising oil prices, I hope it was worth the change. At 70mph rpm was 5200, Jcosta 5400. Test drove today and definitely weaker than jcosta,like stock
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:48 am

Were you trying to get better fuel economy by changing back to the regular variator with stock weight sliders?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:31 am

You are back to a stock setup (using sliders instead of rollers). I picked up a set of 21g sliders from JeffR and installled them in a alternate pattern between the 28g's (28g-21gX4). The middle powerband lag is gone, gas mpg is 48-52 w/ conservative throttle. When you need the extra power it is there and is immediate! Approximate Rpms: 50mph (5k); 60mph (5.5k); 70mph (6k). I did not do a comparison to my 28g rollers, and I have not done a comparison with all 21g sliders installed. Just a side note: I did clean and lube the slider "chutes" on the back of the variator with the DuPont dry lube, it added a degree of smoothness. Just my two pennies.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Interesting that several of you have removed the J Costa and replaced it with various weight sliders. Masscoot, your rpms are pretty high compared to mine, but your gas mileage is pretty good. With the J Costa my rpms are usually: 50 mph (~4.7k); 60 mph (5K), 70 mph (~5.5K); 80 mph (6K).
Of course this varies if I am going up or down hill and it sort of seems like it changes if it is cold or wet. Almost seems like the roller pins sort of stick and do not adjust the same as the rpms increase.
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Everybody seems to get far better mileage than me. I average high 30s to low 40s all the time under load (giant saddlebags and seatbag for touring). BUT I have 26g sliders, tend to ride a bit faster (75 to 80mph GPS) and jackrabbit quite a bit. I don't think I've ever even gotten 50mpg before... Should I be worried?
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Hammy:
I don't know if you should worry or not. MPG is sensitive to the load you are carrying and how fast you are trying to accelerate it. I used to consistently get 50 mpg to 52 mph, but lately I have been averaging about 43 mpg. The best I ever did was 54 mpg. My average has dropped a bit in the past year, but seems to be constant now. I tend to do quite a lot of FTA and then cruise 70 to 80 quite a bit. Once in a while I even hit triple digits (just because I can). As Bernardo would say, "riding like a hooligan".
DCC
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:37 pm

What's FTA? Full throttle acceleration? I've learned to accept my Swing's mileage - I really like my 26g Sliders setup. Fastest I've had the Swing was 104mph GPS. I wonder what the 21g would do - she'd be a bit of a scary beast to try and do a wheelie on!!!
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Yes. Full Throttle Acceleration. Some people use WOT (wide open throttle)
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Maybe it's cos I'm FAT and the FTA with high MPH leads to poor MPG and that makes me SAD. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:53 pm

Good one.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Hammy...That's pretty darn funny!
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:31 pm

masscoot wrote:
You are back to a stock setup (using sliders instead of rollers). I picked up a set of 21g sliders from JeffR and installled them in a alternate pattern between the 28g's (28g-21gX4). The middle powerband lag is gone, gas mpg is 48-52 w/ conservative throttle. When you need the extra power it is there and is immediate! Approximate Rpms: 50mph (5k); 60mph (5.5k); 70mph (6k). I did not do a comparison to my 28g rollers, and I have not done a comparison with all 21g sliders installed. Just a side note: I did clean and lube the slider "chutes" on the back of the variator with the DuPont dry lube, it added a degree of smoothness. Just my two pennies.

Correction: 50mph (4.5k); 60mph (5k); 70mph (5.5k) today w/GPS
Back to top Go down
RNoodle
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RNoodle

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:18 am

Where do you buy Dr. Pulley sliders? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:27 am

RNoodle wrote:
Where do you buy Dr. Pulley sliders? Thanks.

http://www.buggypartsnw.com/home?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=386&category_id=32

26gram and 28gram
Back to top Go down
Tripod
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tripod

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi. New guy here. I had a hard time finding the Dr. Pulley Sliders as well, so I thought I'd give this a 'bump'.

BuggyPartsNW. (who'd have thought?) Just down in Oregon. If anyone wants to order from Taiwan, feel free. But I got my weights in two days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone   Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removed jcosta replaced with Dr pulley 28g wow factor...gone
Page 1 of 1