Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:32 am

» LF extended back rest
Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 3:56 pm

» I said Farewell...
Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:28 pm

» Drive belt prices
Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:28 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore

Go down 
+5
dickie
DenGraham
JeffR
The Scootist
DennisB
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore Empty
PostSubject: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:23 pm

Hi All,
Been thinking of a arm rest system that will mount to the Swing and have rotating armrests so they can swival up and out of the way so the passenger can mount and dismount the seat without any problems and then be brought back down for use. This system would work with all Top box's and installation can be accomplished without drilling holes.......It can be done!
I'm going to put on my thinking cap and come up with a product design. What a Face

DennisB :D

P.S. and it will be made NOT TO RATTLE when installed. bounce

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:24 pm

Dennis:
That sounds like an interesting idea. In fact you could offer several types of arm rest systems that could be interchangeable depending on your passenger. Now this may be extreme, but for example if you had a passenger who has a habit of falling asleep while riding, you could offer an arm rest system that holds them firmly in place with nice big padded arms, a neck brace, and even a seat belt they could fasten. It may end up looking like some sort of Rube Goldberg apparatus, but it would work.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:25 am

Dennis,

Do you have any basic drawings of how it may look? I know I would be interested if it fit on my top case. My wife would really like it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi All,

Well the new armrest frame design is working out well. I need to get a little welding done on it. After that paint and then the armrest pads.

Then the design testing period.

The armrests will bolt on to the the scooter using the 2 bolts located under the seats top/side edge (they hold the spoiler on to the scooter). The original 2 Honda spoiler bolts will be replaced with 5mm longer bolts that will be included with the armrest kit

Sorry this is taking so long but I have other pokers in the fire right now. Will have pictures for you all soon. bounce

Going to look and work great on the Swing.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Dennis,
Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result. This would be a perfect addition. Keep us informed.
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Dennis here you go again with another great product. You are fast becoming our #1 resource for unobtainable items for our swings. I would think the arm rests will swing out of the way for passenger mounting just as they do on Goldwings if that design is feasable. Many thanks for all you are doing for this group.
Dick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Swing Down Armrests mounted to Bestem Top Box   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:10 pm

Dennis, That sounds like a great idea, and should be relatively easy to do. Let us know what you come up with...billc.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:56 am

billc,

Not to steal the thread from Dennis, but welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it and please post some pics in the Album.

Dennis,

I'm really curious what this will look like. It seems pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:50 am

OK....Got bizzy and created a drawing of the SWing arm rest that's in the works. Please feel free to comment on the way it looks or works. Sorry...but no rack looking thing, just arm rest's.

Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore Pictur16

Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore Pictur17

Thank's for your interest,

DennisB

Last edited by DennisB on Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added pic of arm rest w/top box)
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:59 am

Hey Dennis,,, this looks great. When you are ready to send some of these out, I want one. If you don't get em out really soon, I am coming to the Tulsa gun show the first week end in April for the outlet installation. We can maybe do the set then. This is making me anticipate April with a happy heart in spite of the tax time.
Is there anything you can't do? Amazing. You need to think about some patents.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:10 am

Dennis,

I think they look great. Keep us posted on these and I think you will sell quite a few. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:17 am

Hi Gary,
Now you know why I needed the 3/4" pipe bender.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:57 pm

DennisB wrote:
OK....Got bizzy and created a drawing of the SWing arm rest that's in the works. Please feel free to comment on the way it looks or works. Sorry...but no rack looking thing, just arm rest's.

Do they pivot out of the way or detach??
Since I ride with a passenger so much, I need to make sure it does not interfere with loading/unloading.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:51 pm

DennisB wrote:
Hi All,
Been thinking of a arm rest system that will mount to the Swing and have rotating armrests so they can swival up and out of the way so the passenger can mount and dismount the seat without any problems and then be brought back down for use. This system would work with all Top box's and installation can be accomplished without drilling holes.......It can be done!
I'm going to put on my thinking cap and come up with a product design. What a Face

Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks for reposting, if I would have paid attention I would know that it would swing out of the way. Oldtimers desease coming daily now..... Dick
Back to top Go down
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:42 pm

Dennis,
They look awesome. Put me down for a pair.
(The other Dennis)
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:24 am

Hi All,
It's grand being a Dennis "the menice". I'm going to need to put this thought, armrest, on hold for awile untill I feel better. Just somthing I've had all my life and once in a while gives me hell for a month or two every few years.

I'll be OK. Thanks all for your support and kind words. sunny

Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:30 am

dickie wrote:
Thanks for reposting, if I would have paid attention I would know that it would swing out of the way. Oldtimers desease coming daily now

Mine was due to pure excitement Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:57 pm

Dennis,

I hope you feel better soon and that it passes. Take care.
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Same as JeffR, Get well soon.....
Back to top Go down
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:51 am

Hey Dennis,
Not to worry. No rush on my part. Just get well; take your time; enjoy the sun and "be happy." Thanks for sharing. Makes us more sensitive and appreciative... Get well.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:45 am

Hi All,
Design effort is over and looking for a shop or person, here in Tulsa, that can do some upholstry work on the arm rest pads. Thing are going well on this project and I'm feeling better. bounce

DennisB sunny

Last edited by DennisB on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:19 am

This is just awesome, Dennis. Keep us posted. Glad to hear your are feeling better.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:32 pm

Dennis,

Those look really nice and I'm sure my wife would like them. And I'm glad you're feeling better too. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:40 am

Hey Dennis,
I have been off the air for awhile; we are building a house. Did you ever finish the arm rests? I really would like to buy a set.
>> Dennis
Back to top Go down
Iceman39
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 12:20 pm

DennisB wrote:
Hi All,

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 12:39 pm

That topic is over eight years old, and the guy that originally made them no longer does so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore   Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armrests for HONDA SilverWing- NOT Just a Thought Anymore
Page 1 of 1