Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello from Illinois!
Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:44 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Today at 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Scooters are for Riding!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Scooters are for Riding! Empty
PostSubject: Scooters are for Riding!   Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:22 am

I bought a Honda because I wanted something reliable. I bought a Silver Wing because I wanted something with some power. I bought it used because I wanted to drive it to death so I wanted one already depreciated.

I ended up with a 2002 with 4800 miles on it in June. Now I'm at 9600 miles, having fun on every mile.

It took 8 years for the first 4800, and 14 weeks for the next 4800.
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Scooters are for Riding!   Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:51 pm

I agree completely! I've had mine just 4 days past two months, and I am planning a 600 mile ride tomorrow. When complete, I will have about 4400 miles on it, and we're just starting to get into the good riding season in desert Arizona (not so hot!). I'm actually riding the SWing more than I did the GoldWing. Fabulous!

Keep those wheels rolling!!! motorcycle
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Scooters are for Riding!   Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:37 pm

I bought my 2007 Swing new in July of 2008, so it has been just over 25 months and I am about to roll 19,000 miles. If we didn't have icy roads in the winter I would have even more...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scooters are for Riding!   Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:52 pm

The "ifs" are the killers. If I didn't have 3 business trips in the last three months I would be riding more too. I really miss my scoot when I'm out of town. I especially missed it in Colorado when it seemed like everyone else on the road was on 2-wheel transportation.

Alas I am going to New Jersey next week for a few days so that's more time I could be riding that I'll miss.
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Scooters are for Riding!   Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:17 pm

I could not agree more !!!!!!!!!! I got I think almost 1700 miles on my 09 after buying it 7-27-10. I use it every damn chance I can, I love riding so much. Whats not to like about this bike. Comfort storage relliable great gas milage and more. I did 140 miles on it today SADKY WITH REAL NASTY CROSS WINDS and cloudy skys . This bike was ment to ride and cruise with it I. Many ask me about it many dont know what to make of it and when I tell them the capabilities of this machine?????? they say NO FRIGIN WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This 09 stays with me till the plastic rots off the frame :-) Theres no reason these bikes can last a crazy high milage life with proper and tight maintance. Im a firm believer what you put into it youll get out of it. I me personally every week like clock work I center stand it and wash the tires and rims and belt drive black cover then dry it and dust off the rest of the bike then wax it top to bottom and treat the seat and floor board rubber footing area and tunnel and black belt civer and rear fender wuth black magic tire black. . That also gives me a chance to inspect the nuts bolts and screws. I guess im anal but I love my bike so much then again thats the way i care for all of my things
Back to top Go down
Biologist
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Biologist

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Scooters are for Riding!   Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:45 am

During my free holidays I was riding my SW every day. Nowadays the weather is so horrible I am a little affraid - but I still ride it in the afternoons and weekends Wink
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Scooters are for Riding!   Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:57 am

Try having a job where you have to cart laser alignment fixtures back and forth from work sites every day. Weekends are spent collating data and writing build instructions. Have time for church and little else.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scooters are for Riding!   Scooters are for Riding! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scooters are for Riding!
Page 1 of 1