Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
New Scooters I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New Scooters I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New Scooters I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New Scooters I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New Scooters I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New Scooters I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New Scooters I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New Scooters I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New Scooters I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
New Scooters I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Scooters

Go down 
+2
trouble1100
bikerboy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

New Scooters Empty
PostSubject: New Scooters   New Scooters I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:53 pm

I went to the Bike Show in the UK yesterday, lots to see but I was mainly interested in the 'scoots'
The Honda Integra looked interesting but it is not a step-thro' so is of no use to me, the panniers looked very slim so limited use for touring unless they offer fatter lids as per Deauville. No-one was allowed to sit in the machine and I didn't see any mention of price.
The BMW offerings were far more desirable, a sports version with a 'telescopic' underseat space for commuters and city riders and the GT version with decent underseat area, an electrically adjusted screen, heated grips and seats and a top box for tourists. Full release next March in the UK but again no mention of price.
The SilverWing had a small print note which said 'No changes for 2012'
The Burger is now only available in the super version in the Uk with all electric accessories, screen, heated seat and grips and folding mirrors.
The T-Max has been up-rated and is more expensive.
I fancy the Beemer but I suspect that it will be very expensive when it is released !!!
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

New Scooters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooters   New Scooters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:10 am

bikerboy wrote:

"The BMW offerings were far more desirable, a sports version with a 'telescopic' under seat space for commuters and city riders and the GT version with decent under seat area, an electrically adjusted screen, heated grips and seats and a top box for tourists. Full release next March in the UK but again no mention of price."

They also have one or two optional equipment offerings.

•Anti-theft alarm system.
•Heated grips.
•Heated seat.
•Tire pressure control RDC.
•LED daytime running light.
•LED turn indicators (C 600 Sport only).
•Top case (35 litres).
•Luggage rack.
•Liner for top case.
•Centre console bag (12 litres).
•Load area cargo net
•Tinted windscreen (C 600 Sport only).
•Clear/tinted sports windscreen (C 600 Sport only).
•Sports seat incl heater (C 600 Sport only).
•Exclusive seat incl heater (C 650 GT only).
•Rain cowl for seat.
•Wind deflector.
•A spherical mirror (C 650 GT only).
•Backrest for passenger.
•BMW Motorrad navigator IV.
•Mount for BMW Motorrad navigator IV.
•BMW Motorrad communication system.
•Mobile telephone facility for storage compartment.
•USB charger.
•Protection pads.
•Motorcycle lock.
•Additional onboard socket.
•Akrapovic sports silencer.
•Chrome set (footrests, handlebar weights, foot board inserts).
For its new maxi scooters, BMW Motorrad is also expanding its range of rider's equipment with attractive products for urban mobility (e.g. AirFlow 2 helmet, Urban jacket, Urban gloves, X 2 sneakers, Scooter jacket (fabric, wind, water, cold protection).

"The Silverwing had a small print note which said 'No changes for 2012" (should read) "No changes since 2002"

"I fancy the Beemer but I suspect that it will be very expensive when it is released !!!
Remember the price of the DN-01, and a few decades earlier the PC-800 sat on the dealers floor, went on hiatus for a few years and came back at a bit more reasonable price and sold like hotcakes.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

New Scooters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooters   New Scooters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:48 am

Pls remember on BMW-as owner/rider since 1958---they have built some real junk over the years, German electrics really suck, and the scooter may have Chinese heart. And then where do you find a dealer?

$5,000 price point, ok @ $10,000 plus no thanks.

As scooter or motorcycle for me is transport tool/fun machine/everyday rider, I think SilverWing fine------for me new scooter development should include easy on/off wheels, non stepped seat, no adj valves, 50,000 mile drive belt, windprotection designed with rider in mind, not some designer, reg fuel, etc, etc

And pls remember----BMW charges thru the nose for extras/accessories.
Back to top Go down
FlyingWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FlyingWing

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-01-16

New Scooters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooters   New Scooters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:32 am

a few years ago, i was attending a bike show here in dallas. I would continuously sit on the Burg650, Yamaha Majesty, and silverwing.....going to each one several times over and over.....the silverwing won for me....it felt the best when i sit on it....it dont have as many bells and whistles as the others but that could mean less to repair in the future. as far as rider aerodynamics....i added lexan lip and hand guards and i couldnt be happier now. 50,000 mile belt?....i have 32,000 on the orignal now so its possible but i have never heard of a belt rated for 50,000 miles. I wished my swing didnt have a stepped seat.....Thats what i like about the tmax.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Yerabuilder.com
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

New Scooters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooters   New Scooters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:57 am

Having looked at all the opposition and the 'new' and 'improved' prices the SWing still seems good value compared with the rest. Perhaps that is an advantage of 'no change since 2002' and 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' !!!
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

New Scooters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooters   New Scooters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:54 pm

The Integra has 17 in. tires vs. 15 in. for the BMW=better stability, DCT chain drive=no belt replacement, 65 MPG=250 mi. range, 7,500 mile oil change interval, Honda reliability, Dealers and parts everywhere. If the Integra comes to the U.S. and is priced right, I'm trading. Ride Safe.
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

New Scooters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooters   New Scooters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:32 pm

The Integra is a motorcycle not a step-through which rules it out for me as I went back to scooters because my arthritis makes getting on and off 'bikes very difficult. I still expect it to be pricey, all the advantages of being a Honda not withstanding.
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-01-05

New Scooters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooters   New Scooters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 6:22 pm

BMW also use can-bus system for electrics, so it wont be easy to add on extra lights, accessories,etc....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Scooters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooters   New Scooters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Scooters
Page 1 of 1